Golf: 120th US Open - September 17-20

HurricaneFanatic

Jan 16, 2020
Can Tiger please just skip US Open venues from now on? He hasn't been competitive at one in what, 10 years? They don't suit him.

IF he is going to win another major, Augusta or maybe a warmer venue OPEN Championship he could. I guess it depends on the PGA venue but US Opens no way. I was always hoping he could get to #4 there and the Open and be the only 4 time slam winner, but at this point I am just hoping somewhere along the way he gets #83.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Cuomo issued a statement saying he’s kicking those fans out tomorrow lol. I’m not sure how they got in there
The people live in those houses...

Does he think he can kick them out of their house?

Guy is a clown

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
The people live in those houses...

Does he think he can kick them out of their house?

Guy is a clown
But was it only the people who live in the houses? I watched both days pretty much the entire rounds & the cheering sounded a LOT louder yesterday than it did on Thursday. I'm thinking some of those people were having watch parties on the property which indeed should be a no-no.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
They definitely made things easier today. For instance, +5 won in 2006. +5 is right now T121 on the leaderboard.

Too many middle pins and the greens are not rolling that fast right now. The weather doesn't help either, but Winged Foot is too hard of a golf course that scores should be based on weather. They can make things a lot harder than today. If they don't do so and the USGA ruins Winged Foot, I'm officially anti-Bodenhamer. I didn't like his first year at Pebble, but if he turns Winged Foot into a PGA type of venue, the US Open's identity is gone.
Well Day 2 was harder and at the start of day 3 the course is playing harder still, greens are firming up and flag positions are tougher to reach.Cold weather doesn't help either.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Tiger lost a bunch of shots and is going home.

Honestly unless he was seriously contending, if he was just hanging around the cut, he should just miss it and not play more meaningless rounds on a tough US Open course that is bad for his back. His days are limited and he shouldn't waste them on courses with insane rough with his back as it is.
Tiger has never been known for being the straightest driver and yes with his bad back he can't muscle it out like the younger guys. he'll do a lot better at the Masters where driving is almost an afterthought compared to the greens.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Thomas and DeChambeau in a span of 10 minutes hit the worst tee shots and putts I ever saw

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Reed, it may just be his week...another brutal tee shot on 2 but it finds the bunker instead of the rough. My hunch at the moment is Reed/Wolff/English for the win

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Matsuyama got within 10 feet on his tee shot on 7 and had a birdie put yet somehow three putted for a bogey

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Wolff really looks phenomenal. Has adjusted to the PGA tour at record pace. When he arrived on tour it seemed like it he may be a bit erratic in his placements; MC or competing but he has now contended at the last two majors.

Also, Fat Pat win me some monaaaaay my dude and I will be a fan for life.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
New leader for now with Wolff at -5, until Reed gets a birdie at 6.

Wolff had a 377 yard drive on 9.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Reed making a mess at 11. His short game isn’t saving him the last couple of holes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad