Golf: 120th US Open - September 17-20

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They definitely made things easier today. For instance, +5 won in 2006. +5 is right now T121 on the leaderboard.

Too many middle pins and the greens are not rolling that fast right now. The weather doesn't help either, but Winged Foot is too hard of a golf course that scores should be based on weather. They can make things a lot harder than today. If they don't do so and the USGA ruins Winged Foot, I'm officially anti-Bodenhamer. I didn't like his first year at Pebble, but if he turns Winged Foot into a PGA type of venue, the US Open's identity is gone.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
They definitely made things easier today. For instance, +5 won in 2006. +5 is right now T121 on the leaderboard.

Too many middle pins and the greens are not rolling that fast right now. The weather doesn't help either, but Winged Foot is too hard of a golf course that scores should be based on weather. They can make things a lot harder than today. If they don't do so and the USGA ruins Winged Foot, I'm officially anti-Bodenhamer. I didn't like his first year at Pebble, but if he turns Winged Foot into a PGA type of venue, the US Open's identity is gone.
It'll get harder on the weekend when the field is cut in half and they can have the golfers on the course for a longer period of time.

Hard to get 140 golfers through the course in 10 hours.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It'll get harder on the weekend when the field is cut in half and they can have the golfers on the course for a longer period of time.

Hard to get 140 golfers through the course in 10 hours.

I really don't buy this reasoning. I think John Bodenhamer is just bad at his job and the USGA now capitulates to the players. If McIlroy and Thomas do a little whining, that'll get the USGA to change their formula for the tournament.

First of all, the tournament didn't need 140+ players. They chose that number, and there weren't anywhere near that number exempt into the tournament initially. They could've reduced the field to make the course a little harder, if that was the real reasoning. And I don't see why they wouldn't trade a better test for the players than having 20 extra guys in the field, 15 of which will miss the cut.

Second of all, how much time is added to the round if the course plays 3-4 strokes harder? Today's rounds were already about 5:10-5:15. Thats more than a regular PGA Tour event by about 15 minutes. I think that calculation for it being a major with more strokes being taken and more time being taken over shots is already calculated into the extra 15 minutes.

I'm keeping an open mind about what we'll see the next three days, but I'm also not buying any excuses made for the USGA and giving them a pass for their setup that its out of their control.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Draftkings let me place a live bet after both Bryson and DJ hit their tee shot on 7 as to who would win the hole. DJ was in the left rough and Bryson was 6 feet for birdie, easy money.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I'm fully chubbed.

Screenshot_20200917-221906.png

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If you’re JT Patrick or Rory you have to know if you can somehow find a way to shoot 66 67 or 68 here you might be able to put this thing away today more or less

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Bryson with an impressive finish. I don’t love him on this course though the next two days with less wind and the greens and pin locations being made more difficult once the field gets cut

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Finally have all my work done and am ready to be glued to this leaderboard for 3 days. Pat's scoring seems to be a lot of smoke and mirrors with some miserable driving, but then again that's par for the course from him. Feeling good.

Jan 3, 2012
Tiger lost a bunch of shots and is going home.

Honestly unless he was seriously contending, if he was just hanging around the cut, he should just miss it and not play more meaningless rounds on a tough US Open course that is bad for his back. His days are limited and he shouldn't waste them on courses with insane rough with his back as it is.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Cuomo issued a statement saying he’s kicking those fans out tomorrow lol. I’m not sure how they got in there

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
The announcers just keep laying into how the lies Reed is getting are either amazingly lucky or horrendously bad. Feels like they're trying to imply something here but I'll let it slide.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The announcers just keep laying into how the lies Reed is getting are either amazingly lucky or horrendously bad. Feels like they're trying to imply something here but I'll let it slide.

I think he can finish at -6 today if he plays these last 5 holes well. I still don’t expect he will end up winning the tourney though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad