Post-Game Talk: #12: FLYERS 3 at Ducks 2, Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2018, 10:00 p.m. ET

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
My Thoughts:

* Shouldn’t be ecstatic over this win. If y’all could tell, we literally play the same system: no net front coverage, perimeter style development, swing entries (if there’s enough “effort”), and, quite frankly, boring hockey. Ducks missed over half their roster and barely pull out in Regulation... ****ing dumbass Hakstol

* I called that they’d go into the 3rd in a shell and my god did they. Horrible PK. Gudas very tired playing, pretty sure, that entire PK.

* Hakstol is going to say something ****ing dumb because Nolan Patrick saved his ass. He better be buying the kid a hooker tonight. — I don’t want this team to lose, but I almost kind of wish they did so Hak would be fired —

* I guess I may be wrong, idk, only like ~5-6 min, but NAK played the best game out of Weise, Lehtera, Laughton, and Weal in his minute ice time. Hopefully he gets to make his real debut tomorrow.

I’d run:

G - Couts - TK
Lindy - Patrick - Voracek
NAK - Laughton - Simmer
Lehtera/Weal - Lehtera/Weal - Weise/Goul

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Hagg - Folin

I really think, if we didn’t have a POS as a coach, Weise would be sitting. Sure he does some small things right and shows energy, but, to me, he doesn’t have a NHL game.

I’d like to see a Ghoul - Clifford fight.

2fqk50V.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Weise didn't play badly, doesn't have puck skills, but neither does Simmonds anymore.
Simmonds did have a great sequence at the end, stealing the puck three times and doing nothing with it, someone should tell him he can't puck handle and get it to someone who can.
Voracek simply can't score to save his life, was given two straight nets to shoot at and shot blanks.

Lindblom and Patrick were our two best forwards all night, please Ron get them a RW who fits their style of play, someone like TK!

Hagg and Provorov were our best defensive pair, so take that Striiker!

Giroux and Couts are getting back into the groove, can we clone TK so he can play on both lines? But they have to be more careful defensively, I think they're pressing so much on offense they get caught out of position.

Elliott did just enough to win, instead of finding a way to lose, progress.

Laughton has been going steadily downhill since the start of the season, except for the PK. He needs a better center, but he's overrated here, just doesn't have good instincts or playmaking skills.
NAK was fine and should get more ice time.
Lehtera's worst game of the season.

Weal took another bad stick penalty. He was his usual self, everything but the finish.

Ron, please make some minor deals and improve the depth of these forwards.
I can live with this defense as long as AMac never sees the ice again.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
No so bad, but Weise, Jesus. 5v5 FWDS

Couturier 15:09
Giroux 14:43
Konecny 14:05
Voracek 13:44
Patrick 13:09
Weise 13:05
Lindblom 12:08
Simmonds 11:55
Weal 11:47
Lehtera 7:58
Laughton 7:52
NAK 5:25

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Weise didn't play badly, doesn't have puck skills, but neither does Simmonds anymore.
Simmonds did have a great sequence at the end, stealing the puck three times and doing nothing with it, someone should tell him he can't puck handle and get it to someone who can.
Voracek simply can't score to save his life, was given two straight nets to shoot at and shot blanks.

Lindblom and Patrick were our two best forwards all night, please Ron get them a RW who fits their style of play, someone like TK!

Hagg and Provorov were our best defensive pair, so take that Striiker!

Giroux and Couts are getting back into the groove, can we clone TK so he can play on both lines? But they have to be more careful defensively, I think they're pressing so much on offense they get caught out of position.

Elliott did just enough to win, instead of finding a way to lose, progress.

Laughton has been going steadily downhill since the start of the season, except for the PK. He needs a better center, but he's overrated here, just doesn't have good instincts or playmaking skills.
NAK was fine and should get more ice time.
Lehtera's worst game of the season.

Weal took another bad stick penalty. He was his usual self, everything but the finish.

Ron, please make some minor deals and improve the depth of these forwards.
I can live with this defense as long as AMac never sees the ice again.
Giroux was the best forward tonight and that’s not debatable.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Hak on the winning goal - “it’s a heck of a player by Hagger keeping the puck in the zone twice”

Not a peep about Oskar.

He has his guys and he will walk to the ends of the earth to promote them.

Oh yeah, he’s being benched.

That asshole didn’t pass to the point.

Do things “our” way and maybe you’ll be appreciated.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Patrick was our best forward, best he's looked all year, and if he had a RW who could shoot, would have 3 points on the night.
Really was skating well and looked confident.
And he goes to the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad