Philadelphia, PA
He’s our baby, baby.

DMiU-EOXkAALpPd.jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
@bennysflyers16

It's hard to be encouraged about beating a derelict team. I have no idea what the Ducks were trying to do and I don't think they knew either. That shouldn't have come down to the wire. We were slightly less messy than another mess. Carlyle should never be employed as a HC again.

Hogg is exiting "Is this a fluke territory" and Provorov is exiting the woods, possibly by eating every tree he sees. So that's nice. Especially Hogg for me, since I was holding out hope that he'd become a serviceable NHL player longer than most; last season and the preseason had finally dispelled that hope, but look at him go.

My dog has diarrhea, which is unrelated. But I wanted everyone to know.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
My Thoughts:

* Shouldn’t be ecstatic over this win. If y’all could tell, we literally play the same system: no net front coverage, perimeter style development, swing entries (if there’s enough “effort”), and, quite frankly, boring hockey. Ducks missed over half their roster and barely pull out in Regulation... f***ing dumbass Hakstol

* I called that they’d go into the 3rd in a shell and my god did they. Horrible PK. Gudas very tired playing, pretty sure, that entire PK.

* Hakstol is going to say something f***ing dumb because Nolan Patrick saved his ass. He better be buying the kid a hooker tonight. — I don’t want this team to lose, but I almost kind of wish they did so Hak would be fired —

* I guess I may be wrong, idk, only like ~5-6 min, but NAK played the best game out of Weise, Lehtera, Laughton, and Weal in his minute ice time. Hopefully he gets to make his real debut tomorrow.

I’d run:

G - Couts - TK
Lindy - Patrick - Voracek
NAK - Laughton - Simmer
Lehtera/Weal - Lehtera/Weal - Weise/Goul

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Hagg - Folin

I really think, if we didn’t have a POS as a coach, Weise would be sitting. Sure he does some small things right and shows energy, but, to me, he doesn’t have a NHL game.

I’d like to see a Ghoul - Clifford fight.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
My Thoughts:

* Shouldn’t be ecstatic over this win. If y’all could tell, we literally play the same system: no net front coverage, perimeter style development, swing entries (if there’s enough “effort”), and, quite frankly, boring hockey. Ducks missed over half their roster and barely pull out in Regulation... ****ing dumbass Hakstol

* I called that they’d go into the 3rd in a shell and my god did they. Horrible PK. Gudas very tired playing, pretty sure, that entire PK.

* Hakstol is going to say something ****ing dumb because Nolan Patrick saved his ass. He better be buying the kid a hooker tonight. — I don’t want this team to lose, but I almost kind of wish they did so Hak would be fired —

* I guess I may be wrong, idk, only like ~5-6 min, but NAK played the best game out of Weise, Lehtera, Laughton, and Weal in his minute ice time. Hopefully he gets to make his real debut tomorrow.

I’d run:

G - Couts - TK
Lindy - Patrick - Voracek
NAK - Laughton - Simmer
Lehtera/Weal - Lehtera/Weal - Weise/Goul

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Gudas
Hagg - Folin

I really think, if we didn’t have a POS as a coach, Weise would be sitting. Sure he does some small things right and shows energy, but, to me, he doesn’t have a NHL game.

I’d like to see a Ghoul - Clifford fight.
Good stuff.

But do we no longer deserve an award for making it to the end?

FlyerEra2010

May 20, 2010
Lakeville, MN
It's a strange time in my Flyers fanhood. As much as I want a new coaching staff, I just can't bring myself to actively root for the other team... but even I have to admit I smiled when we gave up that goal after Weal's penalty. It was just too perfect.

I'm happy Lindblom to Patrick killed my vibe by sealing up the W on the next shift though. I can accept that duo winning us a game any time. NAK actually looked pretty good in his 3 minutes of time on the ice or whatever it was, too.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
I don't understand how you can change the look of the PP units, score with the new look, then change it back to the old way half a power play attempt later. Glad Patrick scored. Wonder what he was yelling at the Duck. Also thought NAK looked decent in his minimal ice time.

Yeah the "normal" first unit has looked terrible for a while. I'm not particularly a firm believer that Voracek is such a key piece of it that some people make it out to be.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't understand how you can change the look of the PP units, score with the new look, then change it back to the old way half a power play attempt later. Glad Patrick scored. Wonder what he was yelling at the Duck. Also thought NAK looked decent in his minimal ice time.

This is the same coach who tweaked the system to allow a forward to actually gun for the slot instead of taking up a position along the boards for MAXIMUM CYCLE, won a game with it, then lost a game and immediately went back to the old way endlessly.

It's annoying.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad