GDT: 11-1-2014 | Game #10 | Flyers @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Everyone has been good. Even Robak had a couple good chances. It's tough to say who'll sit when the team gets healthy, which is a nice problem to have.

For Tuesday, I'd say Bolland and Huberdeau in for Robak and Grimaldi.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Got home from the game not too long ago. WHAT A GAME!!! The 2-1 score isn't indicative of the game itself. It could have EASILY been 3-0, if we just had some puck luck on the empty netter, and Upshall didn't push that guy right on top of Lu...

Speaking of Lu, what a freaking god. A beast. I bow down to you Tallon, THANK YOU for orchestrating that trade. It was a gift from the gods. Every single game is winnable with Lu in net. The defense has been SO much better than last year too.

The offense is obviously lacking, but you know what, I'm fine with it. I'd much rather be winning games 1-0, 2-1, or 3-2 instead of last year where the scores were more like us losing 3-0, 3-1, or 4-2 if we were lucky (two goals!). The scoring will hopefully fall into place as the season progresses.

Finally, the crowd was great! The last game I'd been to was the home opener against NJ. Now I really understand by what some posters were saying before about feeling like they were surrounded by die-hards. I felt the same exact way. Everyone around me called players by their nicknames, and seemed really informed about hockey. Lots of "refs you suck" chants. It felt 10 times better than last year when it was a bunch of parents with their kids who got into the game via some cheap ticket promotion crap.

This is the most positive this board has been in.... a long long time. I'm not saying we're going to the Cup or anything but I do think celebration is in order. They haven't had a tough schedule really, but that doesn't take away from how well this team has done together. TOGETHER. AS A TEAM :) :) :)

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Defense and goaltending is carrying us right now. That being said, we really gotta get our forwards going. They're the worst top-six in the NHL. Absolute worst, not even close. I think scoring on the powerplay could help give some much needed confidence to these guys. Grimaldi, Trocheck and Robak supplied our best scoring chance. If they play next week, Grimaldi and Trocheck MUST get time on the powerplay. It's just stupid to have them watching Fleischmann whiff on a one-timer, breaking his stick and falling on his face like a boneheaded fool.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Defense and goaltending is carrying us right now. That being said, we really gotta get our forwards going. They're the worst top-six in the NHL. Absolute worst, not even close. I think scoring on the powerplay could help give some much needed confidence to these guys. Grimaldi, Trocheck and Robak supplied our best scoring chance. If they play next week, Grimaldi and Trocheck MUST get time on the powerplay. It's just stupid to have them watching Fleischmann whiff on a one-timer, breaking his stick and falling on his face like a boneheaded fool.

Lighten up dude. Life is too short to be grumpy after a win lol.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
2nd line shouldn't have Upshall on it anymore. He's a bottom 6 player. And that's okay, he can be a very effective 3rd liner.

Either put Pirri on the wing when he gets back, or........Put Pirri at 2nd line center?

Huberdeau-Pirri-Bjugstad

Just a thought. Honestly that line sounds great no matter what the actual positions are lol.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Ya I think if we can remain this defensive wizardy along with Luongo's god mode, the playoffs are in sight. Tallon knows we need a sniper desperately, not just for the PP but 5 on 5. Eberle/Semin/Byfuglien would be my 3 choices. I'm willing to part with our 2015 1st, time to add those impactful pieces to take us to from the bottom 1/3 to the 2/3 of the league.

I've watched every game this year and I feel a lot more confident defending a lead or coming back by a goal more now than in the 2011-12 season. This team has a lunch pale attitude, not perfect but any stretch but above average right now. Luongo is our leader and he is off to a torrid pace right now making Gillis look like a goof.

Ekblad is just unreal, he will replace Soupy and then some in my opinion. Calm, cool and collected, this kid has to have some Calder attention by now. Jussi with another point, BWS with a snipe and Ekblast lifting off, this team has me excited and looking forward every game.

A decent PP and sniper is the glaring issues for this team, at least one of these issues has to be fixed by the trade deadline if we are to make the dance.

Lu for President!!

Why does everyone want Buff? I think he is overrated and overweight (well, maybe not this year, I haven't caught a Jets game yet). Yes, I know he has a hard shot, but it is not accurate. I really do not want Buff.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
I never understood the pleasure people get from lurking in opposin team's forums... you guys do understand that they will never share your point of view right?

Great win for the team... glad some people are realizing that you can't judge a team until around the 10-15 game mark (funny thinking about those "the world is ending" posts 2 games into the season). At the same time lets temper the enthusiasm... lets hope the team keeps improving and we make the playoffs this year. Go Panthers

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
2nd line shouldn't have Upshall on it anymore. He's a bottom 6 player. And that's okay, he can be a very effective 3rd liner.

Either put Pirri on the wing when he gets back, or........Put Pirri at 2nd line center?

Huberdeau-Pirri-Bjugstad

Just a thought. Honestly that line sounds great no matter what the actual positions are lol.

Totally agree with this. Upshall is a serviceable guy on the 3rd line but has played himself out of a top-6 role. Pirri should replace him for sure. He would help get Bjugs and Hubby going too (worked for Jokinen).

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Got home from the game about 20 minutes ago.

It was great to hear our crowd be louder than the visiting team's fans. There was a lot of orange in the stands that was drowned out by our fans.

I loved it when the team got a standing ovation from the crowd after killing off the 5 on3 and then the remaining time on Mitchell's penalty. Awesome!

Luuuu was strong, controlling his rebounds and giving up second shots.

Anxious to see how they do on Tuesday in Boston. Bruins should be a good test for the D.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
What a fun game to be at. Ill tell you, after we killed off that 5 on 3 then 5 on 4 midway through the third it was loudest ive heard the rink since playoffs.

We are becoming nashville predators of the eastern conference and i absolutely love it. Good teams build from net out. I know our offense sucks but its nice to be confident in our defense and goaltending at the same time since, ever as a panther fan!

Wish I saw more of grimaldi tonight. Needs to be put on PP. Felt like he was only out there 5 mins.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Ya I think if we can remain this defensive wizardy along with Luongo's god mode, the playoffs are in sight. Tallon knows we need a sniper desperately, not just for the PP but 5 on 5. Eberle/Semin/Byfuglien would be my 3 choices. I'm willing to part with our 2015 1st, time to add those impactful pieces to take us to from the bottom 1/3 to the 2/3 of the league.

I've watched every game this year and I feel a lot more confident defending a lead or coming back by a goal more now than in the 2011-12 season. This team has a lunch pale attitude, not perfect but any stretch but above average right now. Luongo is our leader and he is off to a torrid pace right now making Gillis look like a goof.

Ekblad is just unreal, he will replace Soupy and then some in my opinion. Calm, cool and collected, this kid has to have some Calder attention by now. Jussi with another point, BWS with a snipe and Ekblast lifting off, this team has me excited and looking forward every game.

A decent PP and sniper is the glaring issues for this team, at least one of these issues has to be fixed by the trade deadline if we are to make the dance.

Lu for President!!

A 2015 1st for one of those players!

Hell no.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
""Wins are not coming right now on the personal front, but you just have to keep working and stay positive" 
"I was happy with the way my game went for the most part, but when the goalie at the other end plays pretty much a perfect game, it's tough to come out on the winning side."

- Steve Mason

:snide::snide::handclap:

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Totally agree with this. Upshall is a serviceable guy on the 3rd line but has played himself out of a top-6 role. Pirri should replace him for sure. He would help get Bjugs and Hubby going too (worked for Jokinen).

Upshall was never really intended to stay in a top 6 role here anyway. Pirri brings a LOT more offense to that line. I feel it would add a spark on offense as well.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Good game.

We're playing well. Still too many stupid penalties. Upshall is really starting to annoy me. If he didnt score that goal last game I'd be ripping him pretty hard. How many idiotic penalties can one player take?

Dylan Olsen stinks.

That covers the negatives. Rest of the team is playing a really good team game. Hope they can keep it up.

PS: Announced crowd was 9,774. They must really be announcing tickets scanned and not distrbuted. I thought it was going to be around 12,000.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I dated a Flyers fan last year.

Hockey Gods have mercy on my soul for committing such a heinous sin.

mattkempmadface.gif

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
For anyone at the game, I remember the posts after the Devils game saying the arena looked like a dump, seats dirty etc. Has it improved since?

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Great to see that Luongo is playing so well. I think now that he's settled in and happy he's going to continue to do what he does best - giving your team a chance to win every night.

I knew Mitchell would be a good pickup as well. Still surprised the Kings let him walk. He should have been Captain in Vancouver years ago. Great leader and teacher.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I bet I disagree with your other two after Ketchup comments couple weeks ago :laugh:

I went to the movies with my girlfriend yesterday afternoon to watch Gone Girl (AWESOME movie btw) and I tried your ketchup on popcorn thing. She looked at my like I was nuts.

Let's just say I'm not going to be looking for you on Chopped Canada anytime soon :laugh: :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad