Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Current pace of team - 100 points.

I will beat the dead horse again - wouldn't it be great if the NJ home opener / Ottawa game represent the bottom point of our misery? Can it be that things are finally, finally on the upward trajectory?

Stop jinxing it!!! Let's just enjoy this and hope the momentum keeps building.

That locker room must be a ton of fun right now. Winning does wonders for confidence and attitude and enough of these guys are young enough that their energy and attitude is extremely contagious.

The locker room hasn't had these things to feel good about since 2012. They just need to keep building on this and stay focused on the task at hand.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Ekblad has been great but let's keep in mind all of Barkov, Huberdeau and Bjugs have had great rookie seasons. So to jump in to conclusions how someone will turn out in the end is a bit premature.

/more beer

Jan 19, 2006
Stop jinxing it!!! Let's just enjoy this and hope the momentum keeps building.

That locker room must be a ton of fun right now. Winning does wonders for confidence and attitude and enough of these guys are young enough that their energy and attitude is extremely contagious.

The locker room hasn't had these things to feel good about since 2012. They just need to keep building on this and stay focused on the task at hand.

The last time I did this I jinxed Huberdeau to the Calder trophy. :laugh:

kopecky82

Kopecky can into PK
Sep 21, 2013
Texas

I will beat the dead horse again - wouldn't it be great if the NJ home opener / Ottawa game represent the bottom point of our misery? Can it be that things are finally, finally on the upward trajectory?

That would be great, but once we start getting into midseason, we should see what this team will be.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
/more beer

3VKuiqZ.gif

Jan 19, 2006
That would be great, but once we start getting into midseason, we should see what this team will be.

Historically teams that are in a playoff spot by American Thanksgiving stay in a playoff spot (I think the number was 80+% of the time).

We will know by then what we've got.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
We got 4-5 regulars out and are headed for the Northeast. Guys, let's wait a little while before we start the c jerk.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Did anyone see Gallant's interview? He joked that Ekblad was going back down to juniors had he not scored. :laugh:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Ya I think if we can remain this defensive wizardy along with Luongo's god mode, the playoffs are in sight. Tallon knows we need a sniper desperately, not just for the PP but 5 on 5. Eberle/Semin/Byfuglien would be my 3 choices. I'm willing to part with our 2015 1st, time to add those impactful pieces to take us to from the bottom 1/3 to the 2/3 of the league.

I've watched every game this year and I feel a lot more confident defending a lead or coming back by a goal more now than in the 2011-12 season. This team has a lunch pale attitude, not perfect but any stretch but above average right now. Luongo is our leader and he is off to a torrid pace right now making Gillis look like a goof.

Ekblad is just unreal, he will replace Soupy and then some in my opinion. Calm, cool and collected, this kid has to have some Calder attention by now. Jussi with another point, BWS with a snipe and Ekblast lifting off, this team has me excited and looking forward every game.

A decent PP and sniper is the glaring issues for this team, at least one of these issues has to be fixed by the trade deadline if we are to make the dance.

Lu for President!!

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Congrats to the kid! Lu was a beast. A bunch of my excitement got deflated when Philly scored but still, a win is a win. Nice work boys!

-ghoste

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
what people forget is that campbell is an allstar defenseman (have had ****** partners last few years, still looked good IMO until he gave up/whatever happend, ran out of gas

barkov playing with PTO players and 3rd career third liners... i dont think ekblad would have looked even close to as good if he played with jovo/olsen (gudzilla) or weaver (kuli)

Gaebriel

Jan 17, 2004
DC

Honestly it's just way too early to tell. For every positive there's a negative you can point to or vice versa depending on your disposition.

This run of 6 games with points is nice, but it's been a pretty weak schedule in that they've only played two games against teams currently in playoff positions TB (OTL) and NJ (L). Small sample size to be sure. If you look ahead the schedule is going to get a lot harder very quickly.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
barkov playing with PTO players and 3rd career third liners... i dont think ekblad would have looked even close to as good if he played with jovo/olsen (gudzilla) or weaver (kuli)

Same pto player that was on the first line for a young Islanders team. Who was caught in a numbers game in the off season and went unclaimed till tc. Barkov has been paired with better players but has only clicked with those two. Not like Bergenheim and Boyes have been negative for his game.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
what people forget is that campbell is an allstar defenseman (have had ****** partners last few years, still looked good IMO until he gave up/whatever happend, ran out of gas

To be fair Boyes fits okay with Barkov. Although I would like someone a little better than Bergy on that line (maybe like an Andrew Ladd?.....one can dream)

Great to see Ekblad score. He deserved it.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Guys we have a LEGIT defense!!!!! Holy crap think of last year when we had Gilbert, Weaver, and JOVO and we were leaving opposing fowards wide open in scoring areas every single game.
Mitchell- what can you say? The guy seems to always be in position and makes the right play with the puck almost every time.
Gudbranson looks like he is really figuring things out. I'll admit I was a bit worried about him last year. No more chasing the puck around and being caught out of position and he is an absolute wrecking ball.
And this new #7 guy we got, the Russian one. I'm glad we got rid of that turnover machine Kulikov and replaced him with this lookalike. So smooth out there, and is doing a great job on the PK.
Campbell has been ok, definitely not 2012 Campbell, but I think the smaller workload has done him well.
Ekblad is everything we thought we were getting from a #1 overall pick and then some. It is unbelievable that he is only 18.
Even Olsen isn't too bad. He is definitely our weakest Dman, but I like the physical element he brings, and he has his moments where he shows some skill as well. Decent #6 Dman.

And our best defender: Roberto LUUUUUUUUUUongo!!!!!!!!! It's so freaking nice having him back. Should have never given him up in the first place, but that is irrelevant now. As Dennis pointed out today, Lu's anticipation game is ON POINT right now. Every shot seems to be hitting him right in the chest. Tim was fun to watch last year, but it's definitely easier on the stomach watching a goalie play the position with precision instead of rolling around and sliding all over the place.
It is absolutely amazing and refreshing to see that this team has an identity and direction. We can ride this defense and goaltending to a lot of wins this year. Making the playoffs will depend on whether we can start scoring goals, but in the meantime, hockey just became fun to watch again!!!!!

kopecky82

Kopecky can into PK
Sep 21, 2013
Texas
And this new #7 guy we got, the Russian one. I'm glad we got rid of that turnover machine Kulikov and replaced him with this lookalike. So smooth out there, and is doing a great job on the PK.

This is why Mitchell was such a great pickup. He's helped develop our young defensemen so much, it's really paying off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad