GDT: 11-1-2014 | Game #10 | Flyers @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Scratch Upshall a few games so he will think twice about using his stick to stop a play. Move Fleischmann for anything. He's just been beyond terrible. Picked up right where he left off last season.

Jan 19, 2006
Thanks for trying it, how was it? Just for you trying it, I will try your movie and one of your two top foods (don't feed me a line and say some gross items ha).

OT: one of my Uni classmates from broadcasting was just on the first Masterchef Canada. Raw chicken did him in on the single cooking element:help:

Well if you aren't going to win, might as well try to kill the judges with Salmonella. :help:

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
"This is not the Florida of old" -Wayne Simmonds after Flyers lose to #FlaPanthers 2-1 last night.

Finally getting some respect.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
cheesesteaks are delicious.

29_cheesesteak_lg.jpg

Yes they are. They are amazing. Philly has some other good local eats traditions like crab fries and pork sandwich(not originated here but they make it good here). Some parts of Philly are beautiful too.

But some parts are really bad.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
10pt in the last possible 12pt, going 4-0-2 in our last 6 games. and now making it 6 of our 9 games where we held the opposition to 1 or less goals in regulation (1 of the other games was still only 2 goals).
our D along with luongo has been spectacular. no doubt we need to find a way to score, but its clear we aren't a team that will light it up to win. we're a hard hat, grind you all game long type of team.
kulikov and mitchell got tons of ice time last night. more so than any other D pairing. its great to see what good young players can do on our backend when not paired with scrubs. that kulikov-mitchell, and campbell-ekblad pairing have both been perfect. i would like to find a vet for gudbranson at some point but he and olsen are doing fine it seems. the lack of goal scoring is the only thing thats a bit alarming, because the goaltending D, and overall team D has made me very optimistic.

and we beat them without barkov, pirri, bergenheim, bolland, and huberdeau?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
10pt in the last possible 12pt, going 4-0-2 in our last 6 games. and now making it 6 of our 9 games where we held the opposition to 1 or less goals in regulation (1 of the other games was still only 2 goals).
our D along with luongo has been spectacular. no doubt we need to find a way to score, but its clear we aren't a team that will light it up to win. we're a hard hat, grind you all game long type of team.

and we beat them without barkov, pirri, bergenheim, bolland, and huberdeau?

The bolded part is a good way to be, earns respect from around the league. I think the offense will come together, we have a lot of new players still figuring out the system. The underlined part is an impressive fact. Philly has one of the best offenses in the league and we shut them down except for one blunder. Noticing more sticks in lanes and blocked shots this year. A win against Boston isn't going to be easy but I expect the same effort we've had the last 6 games. Luongo is a major reason we are closing out these games. MVP!!

"Obviously this is not the Florida of old," Flyers right wing Wayne Simmonds said. "They've got a good, young team. Skilled. Fast. They play the game really fast."

I've been wanting Simmonds here for the last couple years. He would fit into this core and compliment either Barkov or Bjugstad.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
I've been wanting Simmonds here for the last couple years. He would fit into this core so well.

hehe me too although i guess the fans off all the other 29 teams in the league would also like to have him on their team's starting line-up. he's a beast. pure fire

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
hehe me too although i guess the fans off all the other 29 teams in the league would also like to have him on their team's starting line-up. he's a beast. pure fire

Well I know most people around here don't want to give up the 2015 1st because we host the draft but eventually we will have to learn how to draft with lower called picks if we are to have some playoff success.

Is Wayne Simmonds worth a 1st? 4 years left @ $3.975 mil. If Philly can't get their defense in check and they become sellers at the deadline, just a thought.

Pirri - Bjugstad/Barkov - Simmonds has all the makings of a great line.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
id kill for simmonds. if we could pull off an huberdeau/simmonds deal, id be very happy.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Found this on the Flyers board and I finds it quite intressting

B1ZvFw0CQAEbydv.png:large

You notice that onlu Fleischmann, Boyes, Jokinen and Olsen got negative SoG and that our 3rd and 4th line (and Ekblad/Soupy) got really good stats. And there second line with Simmonds didnt had a SoG when they faced Ekblad.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Id hate to see Huberdeau start racking up points in Philly. Do you think we could get him without giving up any of our young forwards? Philly would want defense coming back their way if not a 1st rounder for Simmonds.

2016 1st and Shore+
But we need to move a forward or two aswell to make space for him.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
2016 1st and Shore+
But we need to move a forward or two aswell to make space for him.

I think the 1st and Shore is enough. No plus needed. I wouldn't be able to load the gun fast enough to pull the trigger on that deal. I'm sure Columbus could use a rental player, Flash or Upshall for a 3rd round pick and that would solve that.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
haha no no no. simmonds would not be worth a mid/late first round pick this year. he as an excellent contract and philly knows this, plus he brings a rare mix of toughness & goalscoring. we'd have to give up way too much for him. but yeah, it would be a dream to have him on our roster. he's one of my favorite players in the nhl.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
sorry but a prospect and a 1st (not even a 2015 pick) is no where near enough for simmonds. thats one of the guys they really wouldnt wanna move (along with giroux and voracek). it'd take something substantial to acquire him. if thats all it took he'd be here already. id be ecstatic if thats all it took. they'd rather move read than a guy like simmonds. would we move move huberdeau for cousins and a '16 1st? I'm pretty sure no. he's one of their franchise players right now, you don't move someone like that for a mid level 1st round pick in '16 and a center prospect with 3rd line ceiling.

if the idea is that he'd light it up with giroux, well, he's probably not gonna light it up here, and if thats how the flyers feel too then the deal is possible. they need LW, we need RW. huberdeau could make a good winger for his fellow french canadian in giroux, and they'd still have voracek and read on the rw. simmonds would be a beast with either bjugstad or barkov. a Bergenheim-Barkov-Simmonds, or a Pirri-Bjugstad-Simmonds line would wreck havoc I'm sure.

we need rw, simmonds is one of the best rw in the game. he's signed for the next 4yrs at under 4mil per. thats insane. he's also 26 and is entering his best years. if i could do huberdeau for him i would in a heart beat. he'd be such a better player on this team than huberdeau is. i know he's young and can get better but i don't like his style, size, lack of scoring, simmonds is proven and the exact opposite.

between his contract, his age, his size and skill and style of play, and what he's proven so far in his career (look at his last 3 seasons as well as so far this year), making that deal would be a no brainer for me. but thats just me personally.

Last edited:

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
simmonds is what flyers are known as, he's a very big part of their identity, just like lucic in boston, those don't leave

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
simmonds is what flyers are known as, he's a very big part of their identity, just like lucic in boston, those don't leave

yupp. he's another lucic just not as "goony" and not as stupid. even tho he's very intense on the ice and yapping and stuffs, so does simmonds seems like a class act (even tho he plays hard but that's different from playing ugly) both on & off the ice unlike lucic.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Simmonds isn't going to be traded unless we overpay big time.

The way this team is playing, I don't expect any significant moves unless an established goal scorer becomes available and they want picks/prospects to jump-start a rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad