GDT: 10/8 2015-16 Opening Night Boston Bruins vs. Winnipeg Jets - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Burmistrov with a goal and an assist after throwing an elbow at Bergy's head, the last player on this team you want to see that happen to.

Blowout loss and still no one responds. Easily the most disappointing part of the night for me. Not a soft team anymore? Looks like they pretended it didn't happen, just like last year. Toughness is useless if it isn't there when it matters.

Agreed. Bergy's head needs to be the most protected thing on the ice. If someone touches it they need to expect to be fought, run and targeted

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
I am relaxed and will stay this way.

When the Bruins' D pinch to keep the puck in the zone what are the chances that the shot ends up right on the opposition's blade? I would say roughly 80-85%, do we know why?

Well, it's like this you see. The forwards have either taken off to the bench or all 3 are on the opposite side boards.

Very reminiscent of the past. They also don't know yet when to leave the puck to a teammate or when not to.

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
lets face it... Chara for Irwin Makes a Huge Diff... Miler for Trotman as well..

Rask made some good saves but Pavelic out played him..

Bruins had some good chances.. they crash the net more than last year and they will score more goals...

We can easily see 2 D's just don't belong right now...

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I've been saying for a long, long time that I think Trotman is not a (full time) NHL Dman --he was gawd awful tonight. Everything about his game that I don't like was on display tonight.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Burmistrov with a goal and an assist after throwing an elbow at Bergy's head, the last player on this team you want to see that happen to.

Blowout loss and still no one responds. Easily the most disappointing part of the night for me. Not a soft team anymore? Looks like they pretended it didn't happen, just like last year. Toughness is useless if it isn't there when it matters.

How does a player get a penalty for an illegal check to the head and yet is allowed to continue in the game. It would seem to me when a player is deliberately trying to hurt another he should be removed from the game, no?

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
lets face it... Chara for Irwin Makes a Huge Diff... Miler for Trotman as well..

Rask made some good saves but Pavelic out played him..

Bruins had some good chances.. they crash the net more than last year and they will score more goals...

We can easily see 2 D's just don't belong right now...
Rask better have a good game vs. Montreal...opposite of happy Gilmore, just stop the puck. . just stop the puck

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Guess you didn't watch the game Kemppainen was 36 percent in the dot, not exactly solid numbers

Well, I did. I guess I must have missed some. And I saw Julien use him between Eriksson and Marchand for some offensive draws. I hate numbers people, typical post from one of you.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Totally agree. I just don't understand how-- given the history with dirty hits on our players-- SOMEONE on that bench isn't ****ing pissed off at that elbow to go after Burmistrov and make a point.

McQuaid used to do that. Here's a play from 2011 that I love to watch:

Torres elbows Ference to the head, with instant consequences inflicted by Quaider.

Were was that fire tonight? Where were all the tough "new" Bruins? Seriously, we used to stand up for each other. I don't get it.

Byfuglien was taking cheap shots on Connolly Pasta Marchsnd and McQuaid noticed and twice infront of me wanted to fight Buf but he turtled.

Kind of bums me out since I always liked the guy and wanted Boston to get him but he was called out and backed down. McQuaid tried at least

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
this reminds me of the 06-07 season.
this year is just like that one.
i have no confidence in them even getting close to the playoffs.

gonna be a long boring winter.

we have been good for a while.
think we have a couple years of this ahead of us.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
When Chara returns things will not improve.

The game feed I got was so childish it was unbearable. It change at about have way, I don't know if it was because I made myself death or the producer told them to describe what they were seeing and not what they thought. It thought RDS was bad Hnidy and his bud were worst.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
When Chara returns things will not improve.

The game feed I got was so childish it was unbearable. It change at about have way, I don't know if it was because I made myself death or the producer told them to describe what they were seeing and not what they thought. It thought RDS was bad Hnidy and his bud were worst.

This is a lot of liquor, a lot of auto-correct....

Or perhaps both.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Byfuglien was taking cheap shots on Connolly Pasta Marchsnd and McQuaid noticed and twice infront of me wanted to fight Buf but he turtled.

Kind of bums me out since I always liked the guy and wanted Boston to get him but he was called out and backed down. McQuaid tried at least

Actually, you're right, DKH. I remember that play.

McQuaid can't do all the enforcing. Hayes could do something. Miller has also had some tussles. Rinaldo. Just someone do something about the Bergy elbow, please!

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I'm not expecting much but I can't believe that Matt Irwin is Bartkowski Lite. I didn't think that was possible.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
How does a player get a penalty for an illegal check to the head and yet is allowed to continue in the game. It would seem to me when a player is deliberately trying to hurt another he should be removed from the game, no?

I noticed that the Bruins were getting checked high, only on replays that the Bruins had some.

The Jets imp were quite more zealous, was it the same in person?

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Good first period and Pasta is awesome. Big fall off after that. Not much finish like usual, Rask was nowhere near good enough, d is nowhere near good enough, I am so sick of Kelly and I am not excited by a single one of the new players.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
The posts from the first period juxtaposed with those after should be a case study for overreaction.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
just got back from game few observations

I thought overall the Bruins forwards played well- should have been up at least 2-0 when the flood gates opened; Loui needs to finish some of these chances

beyond the obvious that Pasta, Krejci, and Marchand played well

I liked Connolly game- he was around the net all night

didn't notice Beleskey much

Rask was solemn after the game as he left, he didn't storm off and he tapped the gloves of his defenseman as he skated off- he knows this is a young and inexperienced group and probably fragile

Irwin had a tough night but didn't think Trotman was even close to the same level. I like Trotman and saw positives.

Rask was better than his final total.

I feel bad for Matt Irwin and what awaits him because being at the game and assuming what is written here he is going to be 'the guy' that is targeted.

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
Not shocked the B's lost, although I thought it would be closer than that. Very disgusted that nobody attacked that cheap little Russian. They acted like nothing happened, what the hell? It's going to be an even worse season than I thought if they can't be bothered to stick up for their future captain. :shakehead

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I noticed that the Bruins were getting checked high, only on replays that the Bruins had some.

The Jets imp were quite more zealous, was it the same in person?

Ladd is the captain and he ran around early with very high hits. I read into it as part of the game prep how to play Boston.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Actually, you're right, DKH. I remember that play.

McQuaid can't do all the enforcing. Hayes could do something. Miller has also had some tussles. Rinaldo. Just someone do something about the Bergy elbow, please!
I jumped into my buds seats on the glass (he and wife showed up but she was due today:eek: so they came late and left early) but the play went up the ice and McQuaid wanted to fight Byfuglien for taking extra liberties and he wanted none of it. Wouldn't even look at McQuaid, yet when Pasta was down low, Big Buf had no problem cuffing him upside the head and giving him a smirk.

I know he has his fan club and I admit I used to be one of them but I'm doing a 180 he's a player picker with an eating disorder.

Feel free to defend him and love him him but I want no part of this guy. Let him go on his bacon and mayonnaise diet on someone else's dime (although you add some lettuce and tomato you got a nice BLT and sign me up)

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
just got back from game few observations

I thought overall the Bruins forwards played well- should have been up at least 2-0 when the flood gates opened; Loui needs to finish some of these chances

beyond the obvious that Pasta, Krejci, and Marchand played well

I liked Connolly game- he was around the net all night

didn't notice Beleskey much

Rask was solemn after the game as he left, he didn't storm off and he tapped the gloves of his defenseman as he skated off- he knows this is a young and inexperienced group and probably fragile

Irwin had a tough night but didn't think Trotman was even close to the same level. I like Trotman and saw positives.

Rask was better than his final total.

I feel bad for Matt Irwin and what awaits him because being at the game and assuming what is written here he is going to be 'the guy' that is targeted.

Dan I think when you watch the replay (if you can stomach it) you'll reassess your position on Trotman, at least in regard to tonight.

He was awful. Just lucky that Irwin was worse.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Irwin was so bad I honestly think we keep it close and maybe win if not for him. Brutal hope he never plays for us again I'd take anyone in Providence over him.

Lets hope a C Miller-Chara pairing added to this group does the trick I don't think we are that bad but the D got exposed big time.

Krug sucked hope he gets it together.

Power play looked great nice to see Krejci back to his old self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad