GDT: 10/8 2015-16 Opening Night Boston Bruins vs. Winnipeg Jets - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBadBruins63*

Don't have a problem with Trotman.

Thought Irwin was very bad and I hope we see Colin Miller soon.

At least they looked good in the first period. :|

Don't have much of an opinion since i only saw replays, but he looked absolutely terrible on that one goal there. Standing in front of the net doing nothing.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Don't have much of an opinion since i only saw replays, but he looked absolutely terrible on that one goal there. Standing in front of the net doing nothing.

In fairness, that only ranked as his third worst play of the night.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I had work issue so i couldn't watch tonight.

How did the 4th line look? More specifically Rinaldo and Kemp

Also, expecting too much from Kelly. As long as he had a good stick in the neutral zone, and was a good presence on the ice/bench/lockerroom that's all that matters.

Rinaldo knocked a few on their ass.
Kemppainen was solid on the dot, but pretty much invisible. Slow and slow to react, didn't seem engaged at all.
Kelly sucks. I don't think there is any other way to put that one.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
This is just TERRIBLE...

We are too good to get a lottery pick, but too bad to make the playoffs.

Hello 12th-14th pick!

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
oh we lotto bound...

Reasoning is simple. In 2 months we'll be down 3-4 more key guys, with no depth to fill in behind them. It's gonna get ugly.

BigBadBruins63*

Kemppainen was solid on the dot, but pretty much invisible. Slow and slow to react, didn't seem engaged at all.

Thanks, was hoping for someone who actually appreciates and pays attention to this aspect of the games' opinion.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Irwin's brutal turnover behind the take #1 and #2 spot?

Trotman did the same thing but Rask made the save.

Then he lost his guy in front on one goal and made a lousy play along the boards for the goal where Krejci couldn't catch the scorer on the partial breakaway.

Neither one should play unless 7 other guys are hurt.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Anyone else notice that after Pasta and Spooner our team has no creative players in the offensive zone?

Those two, and Marchand/Krejci.

What started driving me nuts was Beleskey wrapping the puck around the offensive zone. His job is to get the puck to Krejci/Pastrnak, not the other way around. For his faults Lucic was good at getting the puck deep and getting it himself.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
Those two, and Marchand/Krejci.

What started driving me nuts was Beleskey wrapping the puck around the offensive zone. His job is to get the puck to Krejci/Pastrnak, not the other way around. For his faults Lucic was good at getting the puck deep and getting it himself.

Beleskey doesn't seem to be the player I thought he was, I wasn't expecting a top 6 sniper but I thought he'd be a little more engaged in his chances. Just seems to hit everything and lose battles.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
I'm all for doing away with and abolishing redundancy.

There was DK and Pasta (what a no-look snipe!). the rest . . .vanilla. bland. this team wilted as soon as the Peg got over Jet lag.

very simple opposition game plan: send two forecheckers and stick to the boards.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Burmistrov with a goal and an assist after throwing an elbow at Bergy's head, the last player on this team you want to see that happen to.

Blowout loss and still no one responds. Easily the most disappointing part of the night for me. Not a soft team anymore? Looks like they pretended it didn't happen, just like last year. Toughness is useless if it isn't there when it matters.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Said in the pre-season Irwin reminded me of Wideman. Just the way he retrieves pucks to the way he always appears like he's at the end of a 3 minute long shift. But dat vetrin presents though.

I honestly don't get Trotman. Many respected posters on here speak very highly of him. I've never seen it. Soft as a pillow. Low IQ. The NHL physique is there. Maybe that's clouding judgement on very mediocre talent.

Otherwise was a close game. The score was lopsided, but I thought the Bruins had the edge in terms of chances and territorial advantage. Not a bad effort.

As I always feel, the best players didn't play enough. 4th line doesn't need 12-14 mins a game. Bergeron played 15 and change, Pastrnak 14. This isn't a deep team.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Burmistrov with a goal and an assist after throwing an elbow at Bergy's head, the last player on this team you want to see that happen to.

Blowout loss and still no one responds. Easily the most disappointing part of the night for me. Not a soft team anymore? Looks like they pretended it didn't happen, just like last year. Toughness is useless if it isn't there when it matters.

Totally agree. I just don't understand how-- given the history with dirty hits on our players-- SOMEONE on that bench isn't ****ing pissed off at that elbow to go after Burmistrov and make a point.

McQuaid used to do that. Here's a play from 2011 that I love to watch:

Torres elbows Ference to the head, with instant consequences inflicted by Quaider.

Were was that fire tonight? Where were all the tough "new" Bruins? Seriously, we used to stand up for each other. I don't get it.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
I feel like ranking the D on their best days...how they would naturally line up. I think this could be a solid group when healthy and lined up in their proper spots. But now with injury we see how they handle the increased ice time and responsibility. They are in over their head clearly, young, and so these will be the growing pains. BUT I will say I do no want to see Irwin again. Didn't impress me in preseason either.

Chara: Solid #1 slowing down #2 D-man
Seids: If he rebounds can be a very solid #3 guy, didnt look top 4 last season
Krug: Potential to put it all together and be a #3, a good #4
Morrow: High potential to be a #4 guy, maybe not quite there yet, hopefully ready to breakout
Mcquaid: A solid #5 D-man, elite #6
K.Miller: Solid #6
Trotman: I'm not really sold on him..I just don't see it. Skates alright at times, nice stickwork on pokechecks, good size..but his decision making, positioning...bad...I don't think he "thinks" the game well and when he looked "ok" it was because he was paired with Chara. I want him to do good but I really don't see it.
Irwin: AHLer

A lot of our problems tonight were just mental errors. It is the first game and so it's expected those mental errors will be there. We go back and fix a handful of bad plays with the puck, and this looks like a completely different game.

Guys gotta step their mental game up here and we will be ok, preseason over.

Last edited:

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

Guess you didn't watch the game Kemppainen was 36 percent in the dot, not exactly solid numbers

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in from the game.....:(...It was a long ride home and I am afraid there will be many more this season ( the ride home always seems longer when the B's lose).

Chemistry was such a fine thing to have....past tense:(

The B's are going to get killed Sat against the Habs :( Maybe Tuukka should sit the game out.

Pasta looked good. Spooner got no help from his line mates...not at all impressed.

The 4th line is a waste.

The D is terrible

The first period looked OK.

Not at all happy with several cheap moves on Bergy...Someone should have had to pay for that. Bergy was PISSED OFF as were the fans near me.:rant:

I didn't expect them to be good and they met my expectations :(

Sigh...I know they will improve...Right Scotto ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad