GDT: 10/8 2015-16 Opening Night Boston Bruins vs. Winnipeg Jets - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
irwin and Trotman as a pair are abysmal.

First of all, why dress either? Second of all, why pair them?

Just sickening to watch them play.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I have yet to see Trottman play a game, where I have said, Wow, this guy could be a decent NHLer. He can't be a top 6 guy in your lineup and expect to be successful. Same with Irwin from what I saw of him tonight. Take away the blown coverages and give aways from these two and give us just one or two goals on all the glorious opportunities we had and it is a completely different outcome. Not a great first night for sure but I'm going to wait and see what happens with Chara and C Miller in the lineup Saturday night. Beating the other goalie won't be any easier Saturday Night though.

So you think its a given that Irwin & Trotman don't dress against Montreal?

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
I was not impressed with Connolly, Hayes, Eriksson, Spooner or really anyone not on the 1st or 4th line (except Kelly, 0 shots and 0 hits, dude?). Irwin is not an NHL player.

BigBadBruins63*

I was not impressed with Connolly, Hayes, Eriksson, Spooner or really anyone not on the 1st or 4th line (except Kelly, 0 shots and 0 hits, dude?). Irwin is not an NHL player.

Theres a reason he couldn't get regular time on a poor SJS sharks team, last season.

BigBadBruins63*

I had work issue so i couldn't watch tonight.

How did the 4th line look? More specifically Rinaldo and Kemp

Also, expecting too much from Kelly. As long as he had a good stick in the neutral zone, and was a good presence on the ice/bench/lockerroom that's all that matters.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Don't have a problem with Trotman.

Thought Irwin was very bad and I hope we see Colin Miller soon.

At least they looked good in the first period. :|

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
That's why I think Claude should get a free pass until we have a legitimate D core again.

Hard to blame Claude on this one.

I think he didn't want to throw C.Miller into his first NHL game without Chara after pairing them up in practice for the last few days.

Get him and Chara back into the line-up, get Trotman and Irwin out, and reduce the minutes of the other 4 remaining D and it should be better.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Don't have a problem with Trotman.

Thought Irwin was very bad and I hope we see Colin Miller soon.

At least they looked good in the first period. :|

The only difference between the two was that Trotmans turnovers didn't end up in the net, unlike Irwins.

He was awful. Out of position, floating, just lost.

No hockey sense at all!

The sooner he's sent to Providence the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad