GDT: 10/8 2015-16 Opening Night Boston Bruins vs. Winnipeg Jets - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
It's funny some of you are acting like this loss comes as a surprise. I said it before, get used to it. This is a bottom feeder lineup. With or without Chara and seidenberg. No offensive creativity, no pure goal scorers and a terrible defence. I just hope we get a good pick. It's one game in, but I also thought San Jose would be improved and stand by that. Keep the bruins pick and move guys like Eriksson and Chara for more picks and prospects. Full rebuild required.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Kemppainen had a rough night. Looked tentative and nervous.

Hayes, dont know what game you were watching, but he was everywhere, forcing turnovers, laying the body, shooting, passing, as I said, dunno what game you watched.

Beleskey had a few shots but other than that didn't do much, was involved in the plays but looked a passenger.

Rinaldo was very quiet, laid the body had 2 good hits and drew a penalty (should have easily drawn 2)

Yes, it is worth noting that Rinaldo played well...and could have easily played dirty late in the 3rd...he didn't...which def says the message was delivered and received...

I'm not saying he'll never do anything dirty...it's a core attribute...but the effort to hold-back is evident...

Growth.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
It's funny some of you are acting like this loss comes as a surprise. I said it before, get used to it. This is a bottom feeder lineup. With or without Chara and seidenberg. No offensive creativity, no pure goal scorers and a terrible defence. I just hope we get a good pick. It's one game in, but I also thought San Jose would be improved and stand by that. Keep the bruins pick and move guys like Eriksson and Chara for more picks and prospects. Full rebuild required.

Yes, tonight is a big "I told you so" moment for those that have always felt this team is going to be one the worst in the game this season.

I'm P O'd. But I'm not there yet.

You can breeze over the 'with or without Chara and Seidenberg' part, but I think it will have a big effect.

The defense right now is AHL level (sorry to insult you, AHL ;)).

I think this game also showcased how Chara and Seidenberg are under-appreciated. What many have called, "ehh, second d-pair play," from them...looks pretty darn good now.

Miles ahead of these back-pair/7th defensemen/AHL kids that everyone was so excited about. Old Chara and Seids are way better.

"But the kids are quick!" ... :shakehead :laugh:

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Yes, tonight is a big "I told you so" moment for those that have always felt this team is going to be one the worst in the game this season.

I'm P O'd. But I'm not there yet.

You can breeze over the 'with or without Chara and Seidenberg' part, but I think it will have a big effect.

The defense right now is AHL level (sorry to insult you, AHL ;)).

I think this game also showcased how Chara and Seidenberg are under-appreciated. What many have called, "ehh, second d-pair play," from them...looks pretty darn good now.

Miles ahead of these back-pair/7th defensemen/AHL kids that everyone was so excited about. Old Chara and Seids are way better.

"But the kids are quick!" ... :shakehead :laugh:

Chara is under-appreciated. He was still our very best D last season by miles.

Seids is not under-appreciated. I think people are being far too optimistic about how he will perform this year; he was on the decline long before his knee-injury, and that injury accelerated the decline. Now he has another serious injury.

Last year, Seids ate top 4 minutes-- with tough zone starts-- true. But he performed like a mediocre third pairing D, by the numbers. Slow, terrible on breakouts, terrible on transition, and terrible on possession.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Chara or Weber...

Nope aaaaaaaaaand nope. Neither of those guys fight anymore unless someone really steps over the line --you are telling me that Weber would fight McQuaid for no reason other than McQuaid is looking for a fight? Nope.

Also, you don't like Buff and that is fine but his stats from last year indicate that he is a #1 Dman with crushing physical abilities. He's had rough patches back on D (like a Phaneuf) but he was the Jets #1,2 and 3 Dman last year when all those bizarre injuries hit.

mjs14

Jun 30, 2015
Woburn MA
Not really sure what to make of this game. Offense wasn't as much of a nightmare as our defence, but that still doesn't change the fact we were sucking air out on the ice. We had plenty of great looks in front of the net but failed to capitalize, so I'm not that concerned about our offense. Rinaldo also played good for his standards, but god damn that defence.. Looked like sub par AHL skill level.. I never thought I would say it but Chara we need you BAD.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Rask had no chance tonight and made multiple huge saves on breakaways and guys that were in alone.

Jets 1 goal:
perfect shot --nobody to blame really.

Jets 2nd goal:
100% Irwin's fault. Coughs up the puck behind the net and it is 1-timed in. No chance for any goalie.

Jets 3rd goal:
Irwin and Trotman got worked for 20 seconds before this on the cycle and then Trotman stands in the crease like a useless git while the Jets pass through him 2x on the tic-tac-toe. No chance for any goalie.

Jets 4th goal:
Thorburn gets a little lucky on a breakaway. At this point the disaster pairing of Trotman-Irwin had been pulled apart and every other Dman was forced to try and carry them. This was the Jets 3rd time this game with a man in all-alone (Bruins had no similar chances) yet some people will blame Rask without giving him credit for the 4 other similar saves he made (1-1) this game. How did Thorburn get in alone? Irwin made an idiotic god-awful pinch where he was somehow down on the Jets GOAL LINE. Idiot.

Jets 5th goal:
Puck deflects off of players skate while he is standing in the crease. 0 chance for any goalie on that one.

Jets 6th goal:
"Rask shoulda had it crowd" will all agree on this one too (empty net goal).

Yeah the defensive abomination that is TrotmIrwin really killed the team tonight. Responsible for coughing up the game when it mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad