GDT: 10/8/15 - Minnesota @ Colorado - 8:00 p.m. CDT - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Well my voice is gone and I'm happy as ****!

Holy GodMode by Parise.

Coyle looked like monster and FinnishBabyJesus was all over in the 3rd.

Pommi invisible except for one good chance. Vanek invisible, which is ok with me, and he scored a goal.

I love Dumba's blast. Seriously, it's a cannon.

I really hope Nino is OK....he had great energy tonight and may be the most dangerous player with the puck within 15 feet of the net on this team.

Holy rollercoaster/heart attack game.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I was so happy. Right before we scored number 3, I made the bartender change one of the TVs to this game in LA from the USC Football game and it was awesome. So Happy cause I hate Roy so much.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
giphy.gif

24g0she.gif

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
The doctor situation for Nino is complete nonsense:

From http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/pdfs/Emergency_Medical_Standards_2013.pdf

- Home team physicians should treat visiting players with the same philosophies and standards of care
that they would use for their own players, including but not limited to working with the visiting player’s
training staff and possibly calls to the visiting player’s appropriate medical staff

-During game play, one team physician must be in attendance at rink-side or in the medical room
observing the game on reliable live television feed, provided rapid access to the bench and ice
surface is not compromised.

vayeate

OZ-13MSX1
Jun 30, 2011
Parise is on pace to win the Rocket Richard Trophy. :) Let's hope he can keep it up.

972ae7b7eb42a8266feceae28c64cd07.png

PariseNation

I hope so
Apr 15, 2014
Twin Cities
relieved to see our two true snipers get on the board in the first game - Vanek & Nino.

Didn't it take Vanek like 20 games to notch one last year?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Anyone else notice that Parise's PP goal, was the exact play him and Suter were working on with Oates?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Holy crap! I glanced at the score at the end of the 2nd period and saw it was 4-1... I was just finishing up lunch and said... crap, this one is over. I come back here a few hours later only to see that they rallied in the 3rd and pulled out the improbable win off a Parise Hattrick!

Hells Yeah@!!!#@#%!$^^%@

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
Came home after work to watch the game on the DVR. Boy was that a fun comeback. Parise's beast mode was activated tonight and the 2nd goal was one of his best personal goals probably ever. What an effort!

EDIT: Read through the GDT. Looks like a typical sky is falling/ERMAHGERD COMEBACK11!!11!!1 Wild GDT. :)

Last edited:

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Can't wait to see a longer video of Coyle on the goal, I can't even remember which one it was (they've all blurred together, lol). GREAT work to battle back for the puck and knock the Avs player off it, to force the turnover. Led directly to the goal.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Thanks Wasted Talent!

Wow. That was a beautiful move by Coyle.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Thoughts:

Zach Parise. Not much else needs to be said. He's everything you want in your best player. The Kessel/Parise threads continue to still look laughable.

I've given Coyle a lot grief over his game the last several years. He's turning a corner and putting all of his unique skill set to use. Outside of Parise, I thought he was consistently one of the best players on the ice even if he didn't really jump out until the Vanek goal. And wow, what a great play it was. I like the makeup of that third line of Vanek-Graovac-Coyle if it can stay together.

Fingers crossed on Nino. He was a threat nearly every time he was on the ice last night. Good bet he was concussed.

Hard to know how concerned to be with Dubnyk. The team had to know they were going to have to stem a tide from Colorado and push back as the game went on. The first goal was what it was, nicely placed shot from a hall of famer. On the second, just a completely unacceptable goal. Straight up shot from the point can't go in with no traffic in front him. The game snowballed from there. Luckily they team came back and got the win but they can't afford to be put in these holes from their goaltenders again. Dubnyk just did not look comfortable all night.

I wasn't a huge fan of what the team got from the Brodin-Dumba pairing. Namely the first part of the game. A lot of timid play in the defensive zone. Brodin turned it around as the game went on, but Dumba never did IMO.

Not sure what's going on with Scandella either. Don't know if the "third pairing" thing got in his head or if the team wasn't thrilled with him and how he showed up this year. Thought it was strange he played most of the preseason in games where essentially all of Iowa played. Regardless, he didn't look comfortable and was only jumping into plays one or two times in transition and that's not really him. Could be the comfort level with Folin just isn't there yet. Don't know.

Did the Avs get two timeouts last night? Because Roy clearly called one when the Wild came back. And then late in the game there was another. The public announcer could be heard on the TV saying Colorado timeout. It was a defensive zone faceoff for the Avs at a time where it would make sense to use one and plan to get the goaltender out. Completely possible Yeo called one but that's typically not a time when you're looking to help out the other team. I'd assume if Yeo didn't call it, there would have been something post game about it so I'm guessing the PA guy had it wrong.

Avs:

Landeskog has the complete skill set to be such a better player than he is right now. Physical, skilled, and a good enough skater. I don't know who's getting into his head about his game but he could be so much better than he is now if concentrated more on playing the game than getting himself out of position and the play by running around a bit.

They will have a tough time in this league, especially this conference/division when the top two centers are Duchene and McKinnon. Duchene continues to be one of the softer players in this league and just generally disinterested and incapable of playing all areas of the ice. That's not going to work in the West. One of the most overrated players in the league, IMO. McKinnon looked a bit like a return to his rookie year self, but I don't see him as a guy who's ready to play center in this league.

You can clearly tell where the Wild want to go on Varlamov; up top. And it's nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad