GDT: 10/8/15 - Minnesota @ Colorado - 8:00 p.m. CDT - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Not really surprised. I think the Avalanche are our rivals at this point.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Best part was that a bunch of people (including me) thought the Avs took two timeouts during the 3rd period. They actually only took one (with the goalie pulled). The other time (after Parise scored his 3rd) was a delay due to the fact that they had to pick up hats for a visiting player's hat trick :laugh:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I wish I'd DVR'd the game last night so I could go back and re-watch the third.

I kept our comeback against Chicago on my DVR for years. Wish I still had DirecTV. I might still have that game if we did.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im shocked , after the 2nd i thought we were done. postgame interview with parise was asked what was said in the locker room? he replied lets play like we know we can play and whatever happens happens. (something like that). i still dont like the effort in periods 1 & 2. cant count on very many 4G 3rd periods to win games. good win & fantastic 2 points in the bank.

menspe26

Dec 26, 2014
i know that they are probably our biggest rivals, but I was still surprised to see how many fans we had there. I wonder if it was mainly minnesotans there on a thurs night, or native colorado(nians?) haha either way always good to see our fans at away games. what a thriller

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley

Hey, doing something good that hasn't happened in 30 years ain't too shabby.

pHmpbwB.gif

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
As I mentioned, Wild fans always travel to Colorado in large numbers. What surprised me was when the Wild played in Carolina late last season, yet there were enough Wild fans there to hear them Duuuuuuuuubing on tv!

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I've wondered this too. I also remember watching the Denver/Minnesota NFL game seeing tons of Vikings fans in Denver. I don't know if maybe many Minnesotans move to Colorado for retirement (still get snow but milder winter) or it's due to all those states sitting in between Minnesota and Colorado without hockey teams and it's possible tons of Vikings/Wild fans exists in those states.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It was hilarious to see Manning telling the crowd to quiet down, only for them to get louder. Peyton isn't used to so many visiting fans making noise when Denver is on offense. :laugh:

menspe26

Dec 26, 2014
As I mentioned, Wild fans always travel to Colorado in large numbers. What surprised me was when the Wild played in Carolina late last season, yet there were enough Wild fans there to hear them Duuuuuuuuubing on tv!

Towards the end of the last year you could hear duuuuub everywhere, that was pretty cool. hopefully that trend continues based off his play!

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I've wondered this too. I also remember watching the Denver/Minnesota NFL game seeing tons of Vikings fans in Denver. I don't know if maybe many Minnesotans move to Colorado for retirement (still get snow but milder winter) or it's due to all those states sitting in between Minnesota and Colorado without hockey teams and it's possible tons of Vikings/Wild fans exists in those states.
I thought I remember hearing at the U that Denver is the biggest population of U of M alums in the country (maybe second to Chicago). I think, in general, a lot of Minnesotans move to Colorado.

Makes sense, I suppose. Similar weather, you still get snow, but the winters aren't as harsh. And it's a beautiful state. My parents have said Colorado is the only state they would ever consider leaving Minnesota for.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
then again, what do you expect from those slime balls. they always try anything they can to beat us.. and how does that play out? :yo::yo::yo::yo:

Colorado has most definitely replaced Vancouver as the leagues total ******* organization.

The Wild better remember to bring their own doctor with next time the visit.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I thought I remember hearing at the U that Denver is the biggest population of U of M alums in the country (maybe second to Chicago). I think, in general, a lot of Minnesotans move to Colorado.

Makes sense, I suppose. Similar weather, you still get snow, but the winters aren't as harsh. And it's a beautiful state. My parents have said Colorado is the only state they would ever consider leaving Minnesota for.

Colorado is like Minnesota enhanced lol

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Landeskog is the type of a player who you love when he's on your team, but you hate him when he's on the other team. :laugh:

Came to post this. He's sort of a punk. I hate the guy, and he makes some dumb plays at times. But if he was on our team, I would absolutely love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad