GDT: 10/8/15 - Minnesota @ Colorado - 8:00 p.m. CDT - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So was it the "C" word they were trying to get Nino checked for?

Yes, he had missed a check and went awkwardly into the boards, and the concussion protocol was initiated when he was taken to the lockerroom. Something a doctor has to be present for the entire time through the quiet room etc to make sure it's completed properly, and nobody showed up so technically he was still waiting for the protocol to be started through the end of the game.

NHLPodium

Dec 5, 2012
I thought I remember hearing at the U that Denver is the biggest population of U of M alums in the country (maybe second to Chicago). I think, in general, a lot of Minnesotans move to Colorado.

Makes sense, I suppose. Similar weather, you still get snow, but the winters aren't as harsh. And it's a beautiful state. My parents have said Colorado is the only state they would ever consider leaving Minnesota for.

Can confirm, I lived in CO for a little bit.

The weather is FAR better there. Not even close. I remember Jan being 40 and sunny. Summers are dry and humidity free. Heaven.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Weren't Russo and Dater on good terms with eachother? I seem to recall them doing a few podcasts together.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Love Russo. Wouldn't replace him with any other beat writer in the league. You're not a real writer unless you've been accused of being a hack. Regardless, I don't care if he's not liked elsewhere -- we good.

You-have-enemies.jpg

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Rewatching the game and on Nino's goal the announcers keep complaining about an non-call on icing.

Zucker is even with the defender at the top of the circles and past him before the faceoff dots. The puck was even going to the side Zucker was going to if Varlamov hadn't stopped it. Not sure why they thought that should have been icing.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Rewatching the game and on Nino's goal the announcers keep complaining about an non-call on icing.

Zucker is even with the defender at the top of the circles and past him before the faceoff dots. The puck was even going to the side Zucker was going to if Varlamov hadn't stopped it. Not sure why they thought that should have been icing.

And none of what you described on the play even mattered, as the linesman waived off the icing just after the puck crossed the red line at center ice because he felt EJ could have made an effort to play it for the Avs, but didn't.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
And none of what you described on the play even mattered, as the linesman waived off the icing just after the puck crossed the red line at center ice because he felt EJ could have made an effort to play it for the Avs, but didn't.

I distinctly remember that, and I distinctly remember thinking to myself, "they better not all an icing here, I could have gotten to the puck faster than Johnson did."

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota

They were painting it as a terrible judgement call even though Zucker beat the defender to the dots eliminating any possible judgement call in the first place.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
They were painting it as a terrible judgement call even though Zucker beat the defender to the dots eliminating any possible judgement call in the first place.

Remember though, the moment it was waived off, the play was approached differently by Avs players, so we'll never know how it would have played out if it was still an icing situation.

As soon as Varlamov saw it was waived, and moved to play the puck, his teammates also adjusted to the situation and were likely looking to provide puck support, instead of trying to win a race that was no longer a race.

Thus, it's only the judgement call that matters in the end.

Who cares what the announcers thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad