GDT: 10/8/15 - Minnesota @ Colorado - 8:00 p.m. CDT - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Was Duchene expecting a call from that hit or why is he so slow to react? He looked frustrated each time I noticed him on the ice.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Landeskog might be the worst 'captain' in the league. Continuously puts his team in bad spots.

That's an exaggeration. He destroyed Parise, then got sloppy on defense. He also took one bad penalty (Koivu took a bad penalty earlier in the game, too). Landeskog plays with an edge, and he does much more good than bad. He's young, but I think he's a better captain than most in this league.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
That's an exaggeration. He destroyed Parise, then got sloppy on defense. He also took one bad penalty (Koivu took a bad penalty earlier in the game, too). Landeskog plays with an edge, and he does much more good than bad. He's young, but I think he's a better captain than most in this league.

I slight to this side. He plays like this is the 90's NHL.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Wow, I couldn't disagree more. He's singlehandedly cost them multiple games and when they're out of it he shows about as much poise/composure as McLeod. I don't see it at all and I really think they're worse off having him as the C.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Was Duchene expecting a call from that hit or why is he so slow to react? He looked frustrated each time I noticed him on the ice.

Go back and watch the first Parise goal too.

Carelessly turns the puck over, does a giant circle gliding away from the play in the neutral zone, and watches the Wild go in on a 3-2. Hell, you can back to the playoffs two years ago on the Nino winner and watch how terribly he played that. He just isn't a very good player.

He'd fit in well on the Oilers.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Go back and watch the first Parise goal too.

Carelessly turns the puck over, does a giant circle gliding away from the play in the neutral zone, and watches the Wild go in on a 3-2. Hell, you can back to the playoffs two years ago on the Nino winner and watch how terribly he played that. He just isn't a very good player.

He'd fit in well on the Oilers.

I remember when he was supposed to be the next big thing out of America's Tophat.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011

It was a bad turnover but I think Holden is more to blame than Duchene. Holden passed it to his feet making him look down and slow down in the process. Such **** defense.

What a come back.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wow, I couldn't disagree more. He's singlehandedly cost them multiple games and when they're out of it he shows about as much poise/composure as McLeod. I don't see it at all and I really think they're worse off having him as the C.

Agree. "Lack of composure" sums up his, and his team's game. Iginla can play that way, not Landeskog. He seems to be more focused on getting a face wash in after the whistle than saving his energy and making the right play on the ice.

Everyone is talking about how he destroyed Parise with that hit. I didn't see that. I saw Parise take a hit in order to make a pass, which enabled a chain of circumstances that resulted in a goal. THAT is true toughness, and leadership.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Russo really doesn't like Landeskog, lol. On Nine to Noon on KFAN: (sic) "Landeskog was awful. A lot of people didn't notice this but early on in the 3rd period, Suter crushes Landeskog. Landeskog gets up and you can just tell he wants to kill someone on the Wild. He takes an awful penalty on Coyle, which sets up the game-winning goal. Then he takes a stupid interference penalty on Pominville."

I like Landeskog and think he has some good tools, but the other posters saying that he's immature and he lets his frustrations to dupe him into bad plays or penalties are correct. If only he could hone in on and focus his rage into positive plays. He would be pretty dominant.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed

I agree, he is too young and emotional to be the Captain at this time.

But then again, Patrick Roy seems to love the loose cannon, cheap shoting type of play that McCleod, McKinnon (yes, he is a cheap SOB) Erik Johnson, and Landeskog all displayed repeatedly last night.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Roy is going to ruin the Avs players. He's got them running around looking to be dirty and create counter attacks. Fine for junior team. NHL teams are able to countermove. And then the Avs have nothing.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
To be fair, their supposed best players save Johnson were all terrible. Landeskog and Duchene flat lost them the game IMO, but Barrie was brutal as well.

I really like Landeskog. Think he has the potential to be one of the game's best. I just think someone or something is in head that's having him take a different trajectory than he should be on. Instead of using his tools and complementing them with his great frame and physicality, he's more concentrated on his physicality and the development of his overall skill set is taking a back seat.

Duchene is a lost cause in this conference IMO. He'll never be the player many thought he was going to be/think he is.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
By the way, the PA announcer for Colorado, with his "whoop whoop" gimmick, is by far the lamest and most embarassing thing I have ever heard at a hockey rink. So much fail.

Only thing that could be possible worse, would be George W. Bush trying to talk gangster slang while wearing a dew rag, and sipping from a 40.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
To be fair, their supposed best players save Johnson were all terrible. Landeskog and Duchene flat lost them the game IMO, but Barrie was brutal as well.

I really like Landeskog. Think he has the potential to be one of the game's best. I just think someone or something is in head that's having him take a different trajectory than he should be on. Instead of using his tools and complementing them with his great frame and physicality, he's more concentrated on his physicality and the development of his overall skill set is taking a back seat.

Duchene is a lost cause in this conference IMO. He'll never be the player many thought he was going to be/think he is.

Agreed 100%. Have thought that for a long time. I thought he was going to have as good of a career as John Tavares. Didn't see NYI turning it around and I thought Duchene was going to be a point monster. Then he got drafted to the western conference. I think his game is entirely suited for the grind of the eastern conference, not the west.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

A better player than most captains in the league? Or a better captain than most in the league?

I could possibly agree with the former, but I would not agree with the latter.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Landeskog is the type of a player who you love when he's on your team, but you hate him when he's on the other team. :laugh:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't mind him. I never understood giving the 'C' to a 20 or 21 year old, but he's a good player and really tough to play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad