GDT: 10/30/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New Jersey

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Between missing Hedman, Cernak, Point and Cirelli probably still hurt, a backup and 5 freaking PK's we were playing with a handicap all night.

I get it. Injuries to some of our better players but the effort was pretty bad at times. At least we took advantage of Schneider being in there. How many saves did the guy end up with? Like 13-14?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That was ****ing embarrassing.

It's one thing to outplay an opponent and lose. Tonight we got demolished and won vs. a bottom feeding team.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
3rd period ice times:

Kucherov - 4:06
Stammer - 3:45

Johnson - 6:54
Palat - 6:24
Point - 8:05

I don't like that number for Stamkos

Agreed, I thought Stamkos at least hustled and looked alright. Missed the net on 3 prime shots though :facepalm: Kucherov dragged him down tonight.

I really wanted to see Volkov play well with Kuch and Stammer, but no luck. At least Palat - Point - Johnson is looking good as a line

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
He's been brutal. Not to mention he's been riding the bench because of it too, ironically. Have you been watching? He's been awful man.

This team sucks down low. Third time I've said it tonight. No awareness or grit in the most dangerous area. The like what? 3 win devil's team has 6 goals on us? Inexcusable..

066890E3-0EE9-402C-A88F-2B5D92B7B2F7.jpeg

Only line that was decent this game and I feel like Kucherov was the main reason for that. Sure he had a few bad plays but way less than usual and he had a lot of great plays that led to good chances for us.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
View attachment 271183

Only line that was decent this game and I feel like Kucherov was the main reason for that. Sure he had a few bad plays but way less than usual and he had a lot of great plays that led to good chances for us.
Please tell me you're kidding. Kucherov was terrible again tonight, regardless of what the chart says.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Its like Boucher's "The Process" sequel
Nothing will ever be that bad again. Getting outshot 40-20 every night but losing 4-1 a whopping 1/4 on the PP and zero ability to score even strength and the only set play is for the high forward to drop the puck back to the blue line after zone entry. When nothing changes make faces and scream louder. "DA SYSTEM" is as low as it gets.

Jon Cooper hockey is GOD compared to that shit. At least right now we are actually trying to revamp back to our old forecheck strategy and can palpably prove Kucherov is playing bad. Oh yeah and we can actually score goals at even strength. The only downside is getting outshot and that can and will change

We are absolutely terrible right now no mistake but it's a far cry from a coach refusing to adjust. At least Coop actually has attempted to adjust. We're not gonna see results until Kucherov is better

Last edited:
Reactions: Maelmoor

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
View attachment 271183

If you simply watched how many bad passes and turnovers Kuch had that would be enough. A line is made up of 3 people. Volkov and Stammer were working, Kuch coasted.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
I take an ugly win over a beautiful loss any day!

The PowerPoint line was great (with the nerdy reference ppt = PalatPointTyler!), good to see that hard work pays off :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad