GDT: 10/30/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New Jersey

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think Point's line also became Option 1.

It didn't feel like they got benched. It just felt like they weren't used a whole lot.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
That said, I think there are a few signs, going back to the sweep, that Stamkos would prefer a change. He'll obviously never say it openly, but he's coming up on 30. And that's when guys without cups start to hear the clock ticking.

Maybe its me but does it seem like he is out there talking alot more than he used to? Ive seen him on the bench/ice more talking to teammates/coaches, to the refs a bit more, etc. There was even one time in particular and I cant remember which game it was but it was obvious to me that he was voicing some disagreements with Cooper on the bench. One thing I didnt like about him during the sweep was that he was so quiet out there. Not getting guys going when we were clearly getting our ass kicked. It pissed me off that Stamkos and Cooper just stood there and didnt show any kind of emotion to get their team going. I feel like hes gotten better at that. Maybe I just never noticed him do that before but just feels like hes doing some more things now to be a better captain. Hope this is the case anyway.

Reactions: Maelmoor

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Maybe its me but does it seem like he is out there talking alot more than he used to? Ive seen him on the bench/ice more talking to teammates/coaches, to the refs a bit more, etc. There was even one time in particular and I cant remember which game it was but it was obvious to me that he was voicing some disagreements with Cooper on the bench. One thing I didnt like about him during the sweep was that he was so quiet out there. Not getting guys going when we were clearly getting our ass kicked. It pissed me off that Stamkos and Cooper just stood there and didnt show any kind of emotion to get their team going. I feel like hes gotten better at that. Maybe I just never noticed him do that before but just feels like hes doing some more things now to be a better captain. Hope this is the case anyway.
He was probably in shock like the rest of them and us.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden

I think it's a good observation, Stamkos probably realized he was part of the failure against Columbus. As the captain and one of the star players he obviously had a role in that we lost the way we did. If it's a reaction to that and he wants to improve and learn from it then I think that is a great sign for this team, as he will lead by example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad