GDT: 10/17/2014 - Minnesota Wild @ Anaheim Ducks - 9 PM CT / 5 AM FIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
**** that team and their fans. Jesus. They all loved Kesler running/charging Granlund at the end. Classy hockey, California. Get a clue.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
So, half of the board is imploding, and the other half are sitting on their high horses. Business as usual after a loss.

Still, that was one twisted game reffing-wise. Anyone with a set of eyes who knows the rules can tell that the Wild got screwed Bret Hart-like tonight.

A clean loss is part of the game. You can't go 82-0 after all. But this was nowhere near a clean one. I guess part of the Ducks success is that they get used to playing on that slush they call "ice".

perrygetzanother

Jun 14, 2014
somewhere nice
good game guys, you deserved the W tonight but yeah, refs were awful.

minnesota's gonna be sick this year. if you dont fan on a few of those wide open nets the score would be like 8-0. looking forward to watching you guys (hopefully) curbstomp the [kings]

Last edited by a moderator:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Disappointing effort by our top 6, with the possible exception of Parise.

J22*

Ballard just brings something.
Something bad, he just has it. If Folin would have played I bet we would have won.

The Wild scored a grand total of 1 goal tonight, a goal that Ballard actually had an assist on. The Power Play(which Ballard is not a part of) finished the night minus 1.

Keith Ballard is not a very good player, but anybody who comes away from that game thinking that he was the major problem, has no idea what they are watching.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Meh, it's just one game. Sucks that I'm having to block a lot of people on Twitter this morning for whining this early into the season.

dwanmaster*

The Wild scored a grand total of 1 goal tonight, a goal that Ballard actually had an assist on. The Power Play(which Ballard is not a part of) finished the night minus 1.

Keith Ballard is not a very good player, but anybody who comes away from that game thinking that he was the major problem, has no idea what they are watching.

I'm telling you man Ballard just brings some sort of stigma. He's just bad news

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Yeah, Pommer had a rough night, unfortunately.

I just get the feeling that Vanek is gonna go on a tear when he pots his first one.

If it comes on Sunday it would just make me damn happy right now. We have no secondary scoring right now... of the 9 goals scored so far...how many have come from some aspect of the top line? It was the whole issue last year. Outside the top line, no one else can score.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota

Kinda agree. Ballard wasn't the difference maker. Even if he sat, we probably would have lost. I'm gonna give a lot of blame to the PP which has been nonexistent so far. There were other mistakes tonight in both ends, but if you don't have a slightly successful PP, you have next to nothing. You need to take advantage of those situations. Even if Vanek or Pom had cashed in on their chances 5 on 5 tonight, that PP is still a concern.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Few snakebitten players right now. I still think Fontaine on that 2nd line is a big ass mistake. Put Zucker up there where he should be.
Today was easily the best the 2nd line has looked... and that was with Fontaine replacing Zucker there.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If it comes on Sunday it would just make me damn happy right now. We have no secondary scoring right now... of the 9 goals scored so far...how many have come from some aspect of the top line? It was the whole issue last year. Outside the top line, no one else can score.

Our secondary scoring is Zucker

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I'm telling you man Ballard just brings some sort of stigma. He's just bad news

Don't think he's bad news, he just has one good aspect: hip checking. Outside that, I'm not a fan of his game at all....and wasn't when he was signed. He was a desperate signing after Gilbert was bought out. Simple as that. Can't get rid of him fast enough for that specific reason. Having him paired with a rookie who is already known for questionable play doesn't help matters any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad