GDT: 10/17/2014 - Minnesota Wild @ Anaheim Ducks - 9 PM CT / 5 AM FIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Today was easily the best the 2nd line has looked... and that was with Fontaine replacing Zucker there.

How much of that was because of placement by the defense and Koivu/Vanek? Or the matchups. Not taking anything away from Fontaine, but who is to say it wouldn't have been different if Zucks was on that line?

And as Dr. said....Cooke was the 2nd line player, not Zucker

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If it comes on Sunday it would just make me damn happy right now. We have no secondary scoring right now... of the 9 goals scored so far...how many have come from some aspect of the top line? It was the whole issue last year. Outside the top line, no one else can score.
Zucker has 2 goals this year... one from the 2nd line, one from the 4th line.
Coyle has a goal and an asyst... both on the 3rd line.
Cooke has an assist from the 4th line
Vanek an assist from the 2nd line
Nino has a goal from the 3rd line
Carter has an assist from the 4th line

Top line has...

Parise 2 goals and 2 assists
Pominville 1 goal and 1 assist
Granlund 2 assists

Not going to get into defensemen as that is far too difficult to analyze.

I think for 3 games, there's nothing to complain about there. JMO

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Zucker has 2 goals this year... one from the 2nd line, one from the 4th line.
Coyle has a goal and an asyst... both on the 3rd line.
Cooke has an assist from the 4th line
Vanek an assist from the 2nd line
Nino has a goal from the 3rd line

Top line has...

Parise 2 goals and 2 assists
Pominville 1 goal and 1 assist
Granlund 2 assists

Not going to get into defensemen as that is far too difficult to analyze.

I think for 3 games, there's nothing to complain about there. JMO

3 games in you're absolutely right. But Zucker is playing 4th line and Nino on the 3rd line. 2nd line hasn't done anything outside when Zucker was moved instead of Cooke. They clearly need a RW on the line who can play the position well enough. Fontaine, IMO, right now is not that answer.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
How much of that was because of placement by the defense and Koivu/Vanek? Or the matchups. Not taking anything away from Fontaine, but who is to say it wouldn't have been different if Zucks was on that line?

And as Dr. said....Cooke was the 2nd line player, not Zucker

Cooke was the 2nd line player in the Colorado home game, Zucker was the 2nd line player in the Colorado road game. BOTH where.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
I despise this team of feathered ****s.

Smith-Pelly, Perry, and Kesler can do the world a favor and jump off a cliff together!

[mod]

The next game against the Kings will not be reffed any better, just wait and see. I'm so sick of not getting the calls in Cali. The NHL isn't even trying to hide it either. :shakehead I've said it before and I'll say it again, with the possible exception of San Jose hockey doesn't belong out there.

Last but not least the ice was so bad tonight it was dangerous. I don't care if a game of pass the pumpkin was played the night before, that ice was not suitable for a hockey game to be played on it. There should be a fine or something leveled against the team for ice like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

J22*

I'm telling you man Ballard just brings some sort of stigma. He's just bad news

Or, he's just the easy scapegoat for people to ***** about. Ballard took a bad penalty tonight, but outside of that he played as well as you can expect from any 3rd pairing dman.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
3 games in you're absolutely right. But Zucker is playing 4th line and Nino on the 3rd line. 2nd line hasn't done anything outside when Zucker was moved instead of Cooke. They clearly need a RW on the line who can play the position well enough. Fontaine, IMO, right now is not that answer.

I said before... that 2nd line looked the best is has in all 3 games... Zucker was an improvement over Cooke, but Fontaine seems to have chemistry with Vanek, they were buzzing tonight.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I said before... that 2nd line looked the best is has in all 3 games... Zucker was an improvement over Cooke, but Fontaine seems to have chemistry with Vanek, they were buzzing tonight.

I just need to see it more I think....I'm skeptical, especially when they looked pretty damn good against Colorado, which is a lot more octane in their game. The issue with ANA as we all knew is they would be physical.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The 2nd line with Fontaine reportedly looked like a threat each shift during the first preseason game. Russo mentioned that numerous times. So there has to be something there. Give them a few games and see what happens. Vanek is so close and Fontaine may be that missing piece.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Anybody else wanna see Bickel the next Anaheim game?

Oh HELL no.

The 2nd line with Fontaine reportedly looked like a threat each shift during the first preseason game. Russo mentioned that numerous times. So there has to be something there. Give them a few games and see what happens. Vanek is so close and Fontaine may be that missing piece.

They looked really good together. Vanek is just Brodziak-Bitten right now. That should clear up. Vanek isn't Brodziak after all, he actually knows how to finish his chances.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Oh HELL no.

They looked really good together. Vanek is just Brodziak-Bitten right now. That should clear up. Vanek isn't Brodziak after all, he actually knows how to finish his chances.
And it doesn't help that he no doubt has extra pressure to get that first goal considering he's in a Wild jersey now. Net that first one, and then he can relax.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Totally willing. As we all just take a breather, it is Game 3. I just think we all hate seeing games get stolen from us. Playoffs all over again lol.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Totally willing. As we all just take a breather, it is Game 3. I just think we all hate seeing games get stolen from us. Playoffs all over again lol.
Doesn't help that we're in the toughest division in the league either. :laugh: It makes every game feel like a must-win. Oh to be an Oilers' fan. Every game is just laid back...chillin'.......no worries....not going anywhere anyway.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad