GDT: #1| New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | October 4th | 7:00 PM | F/OTW 2-1

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I think the top 3 lines will be good and I'm hoping the 4th line gets sheltered mins. The D and goaltending scare me. Trotz will need to work miracles to get this team to sniff the playoffs. But I'm still looking forward to tomorrow night like a little kid on Christmas eve.

Reactions: bigtim1988 and dood

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
How are you holding up? I recall you vowing to put this team in your rearview mirror if JT walked.

Yet? You're still here.

New Paragraph.

Is it just possible, that we start out the year, like 6-0? Unlikely, of course -

but still possible, no?

Same could be said about you. I forgot how many times I've read you were done with this team/forum and were leaving.

Yet you're still here?

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Where do these predictions come from? 60 points for Pulock? Bailey could certainly hit 50(and I am one of his biggest detractors) if his one timer is close to the one he unleashed on the PP this preseason-finally hitting 20 goals. Lee had 5 goals preseason, a fluke?
Hopefully Lou makes some good moves when he unloads the players he does not want, getting us a goalie(or two) and setting up for next year.

Pulock could get 60 points if you project his last 25 games last season and having proper coaches, that is doable, 21 goals 39 assists, getting PP prime time?

Lee will get his goals, but not 40, think that was a peak, and he will suffer a bit not playing with JT... same as Bailey

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Great, we've got the "LETS GO ISLANDERS-THEY'RE SO PATHETIC-I'M SO PATHETIC" cycle in midseason form. Go us! (we're so pathetic)

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
CdH was always overrated anyway. He's this generation's Greg de Vries and his shoulders will be his ultimate downfall.

He was solid, kind of like Nielsen, but no way would I put millions into his shoulder. He'll be starting the season against some new heavy hitters.

Reactions: bigtim1988

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
CdH was always overrated anyway. He's this generation's Greg de Vries and his shoulders will be his ultimate downfall.

But, if this organization was willing to commit to Leo Komarov until he’s 35, what difference does it make commiting to de Haan over Hickey. At least de Haan-Pulock would be a formidable top four pairing.

Hickey/Pelech-Pulock has a lot more question marks (performance wise) than de Haan-Pulock

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
We needed a defensive forward and Komorov was probably the only player (UFA) willing to talk to us and he probably demanded a multi-year contract, so we gave him the shortest one we could.

Reactions: dood and Konk

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
But, if this organization was willing to commit to Leo Komarov until he’s 35, what difference does it make commiting to de Haan over Hickey. At least de Haan-Pulock would be a formidable top four pairing.

Hickey/Pelech-Pulock has a lot more question marks (performance wise) than de Haan-Pulock

I don't think there's that much difference between CdH and Hickey to be honest.

Komarov may be an overpaid mediocre player as well, but how many players do we need to fit that description? Pretty sure we're already over that quota...

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015

Komarov may be an overpaid mediocre player as well, but how many players do we need to fit that description? Pretty sure we're already over that quota...
Make sure you count Ladd twice. He’s that bad.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
Let’s go islanders.
It’s a cold night in the middle of winter in the mid- or late 80s and I’m driving away from the Coliseum after a loss. I’m thinking to myself, “these losses won’t last forever either.”

But here we are. Forget, for the moment, John Tavares. Forget the last 35 years. What’s good for the next five years?

And it’s the same answer that it was in 89 when I conjured up Jagr and 97 or 98 when I imagined Joe Thornton. and even 2008.

Lose for Hughes.

It sucks but it’s still probably true.

At least we don’t have a mascot, antifa or otherwise.

But I still want the team to win now.

Last edited:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
We needed a defensive forward and Komorov was probably the only player (UFA) willing to talk to us and he probably demanded a multi-year contract, so we gave him the shortest one we could.
There were also other teams bidding for him, with apparently offers as high as 3.5 for 3 years.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

There’s a moderate difference between both; CDH doesn’t nearly commit as many turnovers as Hickey, he blocks more shots and brings more offense.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I don't see this team doing shit, but I hope they prove me wrong. Going into the summer we needed a top-4 defender, a 2C and bonafide #1G

We got Sbisa, Promoted Nelson and signed Lehner, if that isn't lipstick on pig I don't know what is.

I don't see Kovar being some knight in shining armor for us, this season will be grim. Bright spots will be development of youth - the Metro is too top heavy for us to stand a chance. Using the process of elimination, you know we are not finishing with more points then WSH, PIT, NJD or PHI. TOR & TBL are basically locks for the playoffs. It'll likely be CBJ and BOS battling for the wildcards. This team will finish between 20-23 in the league and everyone will be irate we didn't pull the tanks out for Hughes, even though nothing, not even being the worst team in the league guarantees we get him.

I'm tuning in for Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock, Lee & Bailey. We'll get a couple Martin scraps but anyone expecting playoffs is in for some disillusionment

Reactions: islesfan3913

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
I liked him when he was here, but now that he isn't an Islander, his professed love for Tavares puts him on my s*** list

The guy was/is so injury prone... I suspect we will all be pleased we didn't sign him, and it won't take long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad