GDT: #1| New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | October 4th | 7:00 PM | F/OTW 2-1

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I cant remember the last time I had a dream about the Isles. Good time of the year tho...

Now I can scour headlines for crime in Brooklyn, LIRR trouble and overcrowding for Isles games, Belmont deal falling apart, Bailey, Tavares goal scoring streaks, November losing streaks and must win games..

Peace and love...

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This season screams bad enough to miss the playoffs and just good enough not to get a top pick.

AKA the ultimate destiny of the Islanders...

5th overall in the draft.

I hear there's a kid playing for the Frontenacs who is rated to go around 5th overall. So fingers crossed you guys can land this future stud. :sarcasm:

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
I hear there's a kid playing for the Frontenacs who is rated to go around 5th overall. So fingers crossed you guys can land this future stud. :sarcasm:

I would feel so bad for the kid, if that were to ever happen in the future to a very unlucky prospect.

A Frontenac picked by the Islanders at 5th overall. Fate will not be on his side.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
I cant remember the last time I had a dream about the Isles. Good time of the year tho...

Now I can scour headlines for crime in Brooklyn, LIRR trouble and overcrowding for Isles games, Belmont deal falling apart, Bailey, Tavares goal scoring streaks, November losing streaks and must win games..

Peace and love...
In fairness, being an Islanders fan is living a nightmare.

And nightmares are dreams too

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Dal Colle never stood a chance the moment he was dealt to the Fronts.

Dal Colle I can see why he hasn’t panned out. I’m shocked that Bennett hasn’t become a legit player. Albeit he has proved way more than Dal Colle but there were reports that he was ranked #1 on some teams draft boards. Crazy

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I'm so pumped for tomorrow until they go down 3-0 in the 1st.

Personally I should believe otherwise because this team is actually going to play with structure but I can't help it when it comes to my Isles PTSD.

Honest opinion - Yes the Filpula line looks ugly but this team will probably allow 25 or so shots per game. That will keep the GA down and they will be in 95% of the games. Plus you have two lines that can score. They might be successful, they might not, but they will keep us watching.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
My theme song for the 2018-19 season:

How are you holding up? I recall you vowing to put this team in your rearview mirror if JT walked.

Yet? You're still here.

New Paragraph.

Is it just possible, that we start out the year, like 6-0? Unlikely, of course -

but still possible, no?

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
:help::help: I just vomited all over my desk at the Defensive pairings

Pelech - Pulock
Hickey - Leddy
Sbisa - Boychuk

These are probably the worst possible combinations in the worst possible order you can have with these 6 players.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
How are you holding up? I recall you vowing to put this team in your rearview mirror if JT walked.

Yet? You're still here.

Yes, I did say that. However, the one caveat to that was if management changed over. And so it did. And so I'm still around; like an idiot.

Reactions: Instant

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I have serious doubts about even being in the mix for a WC spot, but I am excited about seeing the progress of the youngsters Beau,Barzal, Pulock and I am pulling for Lehner.

Cannot wait till they break ground on Belmont in the spring.

Let's go Isles :D

Reactions: Medvescak

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I think we are going to be a lot better than anticipated this year, we have been undercoached for so many years with Cappy and Weight and then with Gordon he was a bad motivator with no talent but knew how to coach, so it has been in eons.

I predict 5-0 win on opening night Beau gets the hat trick,

Reactions: dood

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I think we are going to be a lot better than anticipated this year, we have been undercoached for so many years with Cappy and Weight and then with Gordon he was a bad motivator with no talent but knew how to coach, so it has been in eons.

I predict 5-0 win on opening night Beau gets the hat trick,

How exactly are we replacing JT"s points?

I don't expect Barzal to equal last years production-- our opponents top line will now be focused on him, and his line alone. The rest of the 3rd liners on the team really aren't a threat.

And.. since your listening..

How exactly are we doing on D, with Hickey and Sbizzza logging solid minutes?

Can we count on Lehner?

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
How exactly are we replacing JT"s points?

I don't expect Barzal to equal last years production-- our opponents top line will now be focused on him, and his line alone. The rest of the 3rd liners on the team really aren't a threat.

And.. since your listening..

How exactly are we doing on D, with Hickey and Sbizzza logging solid minutes?

Can we count on Lehner?

Yes but Barzal will average at least 2 minutes more/game, over the course of a season, he'll make up for the difference. I'm also not convinced other teams top lines can shut him down, he's too good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad