GDT: #1| New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | October 4th | 7:00 PM | F/OTW 2-1

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
The name of the game for this team this season is shot suppression. 25 shots against per game and you win most nights. This team has enough fire power for the offensive side and with a solid strategy from Trotz game in and game out it's a highly doable strategy.

The names aren't sexy but they know how to play hockey. And they aren't trying to play roles they shouldn't.

Reactions: KnishOfTheCrease

KidThatWonTheCalder

Artist Formerly Known as IslesandHawks
Jun 16, 2011
The names aren't sexy but they know how to play hockey. And they aren't trying to play roles they shouldn't.
This is pretty much where I'm at... Am I thrilled to have third and fourth lines consisting of Fritz/Kuhn-Filp-Komarov and Marts-Zeeker-Clutterbuck? No. Do I think these lines are serviceable? Absolutely.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
I’m excited. I bought the NHL package this year after taking last season off because I have Golden Knights tickets. I missed my Islanders and listening to Butch articulate the English language. I felt like I was cheating on my wife with a new hot girl. So this season I’ve decided to enjoy them both.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Canes are a team to watch for this year. This is a good test for the Isles to see where they stand this season. Also Looking fwd to seeing what the identity of the team will be this year.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
well... i never expect much when we are in Carolina...we do not seemingly do well here...non the less...will be there hoping for the best!

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
All I know is that we are tied for second place in the ENTIRE league as of now, so we ain't doing bad at all!

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The Hurricanes are in for a rude awakening tonight. A team that has owned us the last 2-3 years they’re probably going to wonder where this defense came from.

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
Jeez this team hasn't won a game all year but I feel tonight they are going to turn the corner.

Tie 4-4 but the D gives up less then 30 shots.

LGI!!!

Reactions: KnishOfTheCrease

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Just make it tough on the other team to score and Barzal gets 3 points, pulock 2 goals, AB 2 points and Greiss with a shutout

thank you

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The Hurricanes are in for a rude awakening tonight. A team that has owned us the last 2-3 years they’re probably going to wonder where this defense came from.
I already do.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

No Bailey on the ice for the AM skate. (insert jokes about how you haven't ever noticed him etc.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad