3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Who’s even his main competition? Nedved? Nylander? Gomez? I guess maybe a healthy Lindros.

Maybe a healthy Lindros that first year.

When you get a little past that time frame, and extend to the 25 year mark, the only two guys I can think of were Gretzky his first two years here, and Messier through the 97 season.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Highly entertaining game. Team defense on all fronts was horrendous but that was also a very good Winnipeg team with some serious weapons up front. I don't see the Fox-Hajek experiement lasting too long, you just can't have 2 rookies out there. I know they'll get better but they were out of sync with each other all night. Lots of promise in this game even though we got outplayed we capitalized on most of our prime scoring chances. If this team is going to shoot for a wildcard spot this is probably how they're going to have to win most games

Reactions: haveandare

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
I expected that Mika would skate out in the pregame introductions the the C on his chest. He deserves it.

Looks like Trouba and Panarin are worth what we are paying them. Both are elite players.

I can see the lines being switched around a little for the next game. Maybe put McKegg in and sit Hajek. Smith plays D. Move Lemmie up.

Strome is not a second line center.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Not even a secondary assist. Not only that, but the reverse actually happened in our favor.

The rebuild is working.

tenor.gif

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Trouba, Zib, and Panarin were really strong with a great game and the team looks competitive compared to last season with new addition with Trouba & Fox, and Panarin.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
All of the rookies struggled to some extent. Even Kakko. He just didn't get any help in his line. So once he realized it and started taking the puck to the net he looked f***ing dangerous. Hajek looked like a crash test dummy. ADA was brutal with the puck and even letting guys blow by him the entire game. Howden was awful too until his goal. Fox moved the puck well but was never decisive with it. Just held it well and got it out of his zone but never attacked. Just a meh night for the rookies.

On the other hand Zibanijeh was awesome. Panarin was awesome the first 2 periods. And f***ing Trouba played like a number 1 defenseman.

Lundqvist had 2 softies but other than that was f***ing the reason we were in this game. Again he is facing too many shots. He is getting screened. Nobody makes the other team respect our crease. Its f***ing terrible. This defense is terrible. And one line gave us this much trouble. A more complete team would have beat us today.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Third goal was weak. Which other did you think was weak?
In the GDT ppl were saying the first and fourth were softies. I really think half of this board just thinks any goal that isn’t a breakaway or 2-0 is a softy.

First was a man wide open top of the crease for a slam dunk and the fourth was a deflection a foot in front of him. On what planet are those softies?

3rd goal was a softy. That’s what a softy looks like. Not deflections a foot out and crease front one timers by superstars.

Hank wasn’t perfect tonight but for opening night against a stacked Winnipeg forward group? He faced tons of grade A chances and made tons of great saves. How many on Schiefle and Wheeler alone? Tons. He was definitely a reason we won tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad