3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Completely fleeced the Sens, highway robbery. Almost on par with the Gomez trade, but Brass seemed to have more in the tank than Gomez did at that point.
Seemed to, but did he really? I think Gomez’s first season in Montreal was better than of Brassard’s post Rangers.

I think it may have been even better than the McDonagh trade tbh

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
For those complaining about shots of fans get used to it. Ticket images are all shots of fans as well instead of players. It’s this season’s theme.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
This game was exciting and frustrating but definitely entertaining and best of all they won it.

Start off to a crazy season with many ups and downs I'm sure but I'm glad hockey is back!

Ps..Pionk broke out even ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: egelband

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
It's nice having a C that when he breaks in you expect and know he will score.

My only concern is the health, and I am hoping that concern fades with more time.

But it’s almost easy to forget that Zibanejad was a high pick - the kind of top end, first line talent we’re always talking about needing. He was his big riser in his draft class and no one should really be surprised to find that the pieces coming together has resulted in a first line center.

The complete package is there.

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Trouba instantly makes this team so much better. Fox very solid. Smith and Staal in one game - borderline hilarious.

Exciting game. I hope we can figure out a better power play strategy than standing around in the slot.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Hajek not on the pk in lieu of Smith really limits his ice time, being on neither special teams.

Looks like they're gonna handle him with baby gloves.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
In the GDT ppl were saying the first and fourth were softies. I really think half of this board just thinks any goal that isn’t a breakaway or 2-0 is a softy.

First was a man wide open top of the crease for a slam dunk and the fourth was a deflection a foot in front of him. On what planet are those softies?

3rd goal was a softy. That’s what a softy looks like. Not deflections a foot out and crease front one timers by superstars.

Hank wasn’t perfect tonight but for opening night against a stacked Winnipeg forward group? He faced tons of grade A chances and made tons of great saves. How many on Schiefle and Wheeler alone? Tons. He was definitely a reason we won tonight.
Yeah seriously. First was a Grade A chance finished with a f***ing laser, fourth was one where as a goalie all you can do is be in position, close the holes, and hope it hits you. He got some but not enough. Third goal sucked (although credit Wheeler, he fooled absolutely everyone including Skjei). 3/4 totally legit goals.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
The success of this team from a win/loss perspective is going to be on the shoulders like 5-6 players every night, I'm fine with that but I hope some more guys can push themselves into that conversation by the end of the season

Reactions: haveandare

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
as a team that is growing and will likely be a bubble team...i rather win 6-4 than grind out 2-1 games

I agree with this. I’m ok with losing a lot of high scoring, entertaining games.

That said, this team will not be able to weather injuries. They are laughably thin everywhere except on the wing. If Zibanejad or Trouba miss time this team is going to lose a lot. They need a second line center that can slot into the first line comfortable in the worst way.

Reactions: jas

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
In the GDT ppl were saying the first and fourth were softies. I really think half of this board just thinks any goal that isn’t a breakaway or 2-0 is a softy.

First was a man wide open top of the crease for a slam dunk and the fourth was a deflection a foot in front of him. On what planet are those softies?

3rd goal was a softy. That’s what a softy looks like. Not deflections a foot out and crease front one timers by superstars.

Hank wasn’t perfect tonight but for opening night against a stacked Winnipeg forward group? He faced tons of grade A chances and made tons of great saves. How many on Schiefle and Wheeler alone? Tons. He was definitely a reason we won tonight.

Eh, there was a lot of open net there. Put me down as someone who wasn’t terribly impressed with Lundqvist tonight.

The monster performance by Zibanejad and Trouba allows us to smile about a performance that otherwise would not be earning praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad