Post-Game Talk: #1 - 10/3/19 | jets @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Trouba really stood out today... Other than that I'm not sure anyone had a really great game... Stat wise you can point to panarin and Mika but even they were up and down, pinned for large swaths of the game.

Our high danger shooting percentage was like 90% tonight....helleybuck was horrible.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Really fun game. Love the night from Trouba.

Overall the good news is I expect them to get better from here. Some real rough stretches.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Eh, there was a lot of open net there. Put me down as someone who wasn’t terribly impressed with Lundqvist tonight.

The monster performance by Zibanejad and Trouba allows us to smile about a performance that otherwise would not be earning praise.
Yeah no one should be fooled into thinking there aren't going to be many rough nights this year. They got absolutely plastered on shot attempts lol.

pxAUFPs.png

Reactions: jas

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Winnipeg had us pinned a lot. It seemed like Scheifele, Wheeler and Ehlers were on the ice every other shift.

Henrik gave up a couple softies but still had a really good game. They were in on him a lot.

Our defense was shaky most of the night but they put up a shitload of points.

Zibanejad and Trouba were both awesome. Panarin is super slick and Kakko had a nice game though it would be nice if he had a better center than Strome. I thought Kreider had a really good game too.

I liked Howden getting the game winner. He's taken too much shit. It's also pretty funny that Staal got the first goal of the year.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Winnipeg has Gargantuan sized players (and Buff is sitting out). They looked good up front but backend was questionable at best. We got lucky to get two points here. Our D struggling with the puck all the time. Ruff needs a change of scenery

Reactions: zukeisgone

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Trouba, Zib, and Panarin were really strong with a great game and the team looks competitive compared to last season with new addition with Trouba & Fox, and Panarin.
Not sure I see the correlation

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I have no idea what the stats say..but staal and DeAngelo were scary bad today...both of them.
You are 100% correct, IMO. By CF Rel%, DeAngelo was far and away the best defenseman we had (excluding Smith who doesn't count). I believe Skjei was only better than Fox. xGF% Rel they were third and fourth.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Extremely entertaining game, but not a good look for a bunch of players. They'd make a lot of rough plays, and then they'd do something that you would think would be them getting going, but then they'd fall back down.

Trouba and Zibanejad both looked very good, but the offense was getting pinned very often by a Winnipeg team that is lacking a lot.

But it's game 1, and a lot of these kids are young. Getting 450 for Hank and a good game from Trouba was good enough for me.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Was surprised to see ADA get burnt 2-3 times this game ending up in very good scoring chances and a goal. Hopefully it was just his timing and not lack of effort or speed

Reactions: leetch99

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Why does Hajek get his ass kicked so much? I feel like I've never seen a player who takes so many hits
He needs to learn how to avoid hits. Experienced players turn away or duck or do something to at least protect himself after dishing off the puck.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
The success of this team from a win/loss perspective is going to be on the shoulders like 5-6 players every night, I'm fine with that but I hope some more guys can push themselves into that conversation by the end of the season

I mean...how is that different from the majority of teams? Yes, of course 5-6 guys shoulder the bulk.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad