⭐2018-2019 Regular Season General Discussion (Polak Praise Posts ONLY)⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If the Stars don't make a call-up today then I assume there won't be one at all. Would make sense to call them up before practice tomorrow but maybe they don't care about that as much? Still plenty of day left though and if I remember correctly Gurianov was called up pretty late last time

Stars will call up someone. At the very latest for the start of the roadtrip. They'll need the extra player for that. No way they'll go without a 7th defenseman or an extra forward on that. The coming trip has two back to backs. Leaving a rosterspot unfilled would be just dumb .

Reactions: Kcb12345

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Honka has not been good, but I am not ready to throw in the towel on him yet. It's easy to forget he hasn't played a full NHL season of games yet in his career. The skill is obviously there...he just needs to shore up (ahem) his decision making. I think this can be taught. I also think his decision making would be aided with better play by his teammates within whatever puck possession system/structure they are weakly trying to execute.

I actually think Val has looked pretty good the last 5 or so games. Yeah he has a 50 pound muffin of a shot but I think the fundamentals are there. But he needs top six time preferably, IMO.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Honka has not been good, but I am not ready to throw in the towel on him yet. It's easy to forget he hasn't played a full NHL season of games yet in his career. The skill is obviously there...he just needs to shore up (ahem) his decision making. I think this can be taught. I also think his decision making would be aided with better play by his teammates within whatever puck possession system/structure they are weakly trying to execute.

I actually think Val has looked pretty good the last 5 or so games. Yeah he has a 50 pound muffin of a shot but I think the fundamentals are there. But he needs top six time preferably, IMO.

Val also needs a true goal scorer on his line. Maybe if Gurianov gets a shot back up here they can build a connection lol

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Nill better be going hard after Nylander. If he's not making an effort after watching this team on a nightly basis....oh boy.

Lindell + a 1st
Lindell + Robertson
Robertson + a 1st

I assume it would have to be a defender though. Maybe they would take a slug like Ritchie as an add in any of the above deals and the Stars could gain some additional cap room. I don't want to give up Lindell, but the Stars need offensive forwards badly and the Leafs are presumably looking for D and trading Lindell would also make some cap room going forward. Nylander's supposed 8 mill ask is ridiculous and a concern and I would rather give that money to Panarin, but pay him 7 if you have to and just get it done.

Benn/Seguin/Rads are not going to get any better as they get older. Need an injection of REAL skilled youth.

If Nill can't get a deal done on Nylander or Panarin or someone close to that, please be gone. And take the amateur scouts with you.

You cant honestly think moving Lindell+1st for Nylander helps us... Sure we fill a massive hole on offence but only by creating an equally big hole on D (a problem that is even harder to manage given the injuries right now)

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
The injuries have caused issues with any deal no doubt but yeah I would do that trade easily if the blue line returned to health.

It would make even a healthy blue line weaker but Dallas is so desperate for help up front going forward so what can you do? Keep rolling with the same roster, line blending every game? Doing it again next year and the year after as we shuffle more AHL/NHL tweeners in and out of the lineup? Sign more 'awesome' vets like Comeau and Hanzal as we watch Benn turn to molasses on skates?

I think the Stars either need a major shakeup trade ala the Seguin deal or you blow it up. Nill's re-tooling or whatever it is he thinks he's doing is not working.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm really not comfortable with the type of money Nylander seems to want. Not for a guy who hasn't proven he's worth that and seems to be difficult to deal with or at least his family is.

He has 61 points as his career high and wants ~8 Million AAV ? Yeah no thanks .

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
The injuries have caused issues with any deal no doubt but yeah I would do that trade easily if the blue line returned to health.

It would make even a healthy blue line weaker but Dallas is so desperate for help up front going forward so what can you do? Keep rolling with the same roster, line blending every game? Doing it again next year and the year after as we shuffle more AHL/NHL tweeners in and out of the lineup? Sign more 'awesome' vets like Comeau and Hanzal as we watch Benn turn to molasses on skates?

I think the Stars either need a major shakeup trade ala the Seguin deal or you blow it up. Nill's re-tooling or whatever it is he thinks he's doing is not working.
I'm all for Trading Benn and Giving the Team to Seguin, Klingberg and Miro

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm all for Trading Benn and Giving the Team to Seguin, Klingberg and Miro

Thats not how this works. The way Benns contract is strutured he decides where he goes . Pretty much every contract of somewhat franchise players look like that. That also means you're probably getting pennies back if you trade them because they tell you how and when they accept a trade.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Thats not how this works. The way Benns contract is strutured he decides where he goes . Pretty much every contract of somewhat franchise players look like that. That also means you're probably getting pennies back if you trade them because they tell you how and when they accept a trade.

Yet i'm still on board with trading him... hmm what do you know, it does work like that

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yet i'm still on board with trading him... hmm what do you know, it does work like that

You can't just trade someone with a full NMC without them beeing on board. So no it doesn't.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
You can't just trade someone with a full NMC without them beeing on board. So no it doesn't.

hmmm Weird, So what you're saying is, A person, who is not a GM/Owner of a team and therefor cannot trade anyone anyway, cannot be ok with trading someone because they have an NMC? Weird, because I'd still be ok with trading him. So what do you know it DOES work like that.
It's like some kind of Magic or something. Just complete total disregard for these arbitrary NMC rules, where a person cannot think it is ok to trade someone who has one...
Wonder what divine discipline with befall me for laughing in the face of the almighty NMC gods...

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I think we are stuck with Benn and Seguin, by price, NTC, etc. Not bad, except if they are like other older players, they will not be worth it at the end of the contract. They also have Rads and Bishop for several more years. The scary part of a Nylander contract is it would make the team almost unchangeable in a few years, perhaps with them not getting any better than they are now.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Oh come on you know what i mean ffs. Benns contract means we're pretty much stuck with him until he wants out. Doesn't matter if fans aren't happy about it or not. Jamie Benn is here to stay for years to come with his good and his bad.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
I think that people are jumping the gun, benn is fine. Yes he pisses most of us off but he isn’t the issue here.

I would rather us fire Nill and get a real GM who will fix the teams weekenses.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think that people are jumping the gun, benn is fine. Yes he pisses most of us off but he isn’t the issue here.

The way the NHL is going the biggest weaknesses of teams have to be filled from within for the most part. First time in ages the team has some good looking prospects but some are still a few years away. What you don't want is some guy who just wheels and deals leaving you with an overpaid roster AND no room to do anything else.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

So we're going to change every single thing around this core of players before we accept they're not championship caliber?

Face it, then Benn/Seguin point producing duo only existed because of the system Lindy Ruff played which was pure offense.

Jamie Benn was never a good enough player to deserve the contract he got. His only claim to notoriety is an Art Ross that was won with no player in the nhl even reaching 90 points.

Hard to believe a player like him is in his prime lol.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
So we're going to change every single thing around this core of players before we accept they're not championship caliber?

Face it, then Benn/Seguin point producing duo only existed because of the system Lindy Ruff played which was pure offense.

Jamie Benn was never a good enough player to deserve the contract he got. His only claim to notoriety is an Art Ross that was won with no player in the nhl even reaching 90 points.

Hard to believe a player like him is in his prime lol.

People said that about Washington also

I think with a few good moves the team will be on the right track.

I rather just fire Nill personlly, trading benn wouldn’t get us anything fair in return anyway unles it was a 1 for 1 swap

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't really want to trade Benn, I just want a legit young upgrade in the lineup.

It also has to make sense. Overpaying Nylander does not. He wants Draisaitl money or maybe even more and thats just not a smart contract.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I'm really not comfortable with the type of money Nylander seems to want. Not for a guy who hasn't proven he's worth that and seems to be difficult to deal with or at least his family is.

He has 61 points as his career high and wants ~8 Million AAV ? Yeah no thanks .

Back to back 60 pt seasons isn't proving anything to you?

Reactions: Zapp

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Back to back 60 pt seasons isn't proving anything to you?

Are you willing to pay 8 Million per year for that or potentially more ? Nylander would make our roster better ( well depending who we trade him for but lets just say he does ) he would be the last bigger move we can make because its gonna put us in caphell longterm.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Are you willing to pay 8 Million per year for that or potentially more ? Nylander would make our roster better ( well depending who we trade him for but lets just say he does ) he would be the last bigger move we can make because its gonna put us in caphell longterm.

Yes I would pay that man 8M so quickly oh my god

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yes I would pay that man 8M so quickly oh my god

Question still is what do we even have to trade Toronto would accept that doesn't involve Heiskanen , which is just a non-starter that other teams can't easily match ?

I still think however whoever caves and gives into Nylanders demand will have an expensive mistake on their hands. Think Islanders Alexei Yashin . Probably worse because Yashin was a better player.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Number of times a player 21 or under has scored 60 points in a season since 2005-06: 65.

It happens almost 4 times per year. This is an elite player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad