⭐2018-2019 Regular Season General Discussion (Polak Praise Posts ONLY)⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Even so . We don't really have the assets to get his rights from the Leafs to even argue about that realistically.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Question still is what do we even have to trade Toronto would accept that doesn't involve Heiskanen , which is just a non-starter that other teams can't easily match ?

I still think however whoever caves and gives into Nylanders demand will have an expensive mistake on their hands. Think Islanders Alexei Yashin . Probably worse because Yashin was a better player.

Give them whatever they want. Nylander can take a salary reduction in Dallas thanks to state taxes too.

Taking the most extreme example in the book makes for meaningful discourse. Yashin scenarios rarely happen. I can't blame Nylander for wanting to get paid like AM34 and Marner in short order.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Anything involving Heiskanen would be a mistake i don't care how good you think Nylander is . Without Miro i doubt the Leafs agree to trade his rights to us.

Since the offersheet system is so f***ed up that you basically have to give up a gazillion first rounder for any deal meaningful enough for the Leafs not to match i just can't see how Nylander would ever become a member of the Dallas stars.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I also have no idea how you would get Nylanders new contract under the Cap for this year without sending Toronto back terrible things like Hanzals contract they don't want.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Possible cheaper option that fits better with our core:

Tyler Toffoli or Tanner Pearson from the Kings. Both are 26 years old

Not sure what they'd want in return though..but I do know they'd be dirt cheap compared to Nylander. Both of them could use a change of scenery at this point

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Tanner Pearson sucks

Oh wow yeah just realized he only has 1 point in 16 games...jeez.

Toffoli then. He's the one I preferred anyways but I figured I'd throw Pearson in there because of his 40+ point seasons for a couple of years straight

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Number of times a player 21 or under has scored 60 points in a season since 2005-06: 65.

It happens almost 4 times per year. This is an elite player.
For some perspective, the number of times a Dallas Star who was 21 or under scored 60 points or more in a season is zero. ZERO!

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Pearson for a guy who is just as bad this year.

Yep, trading years on a deal for a younger body. Nice. Good trade for everyone.

We should really be realizing now that all of our scraps are just scraps and no one wants scraps for scraps right now. And we can't exactly smelt our scraps into usable material yet. All we can really do is shuffle some guys around and see if we get something useful out of it.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Pearson for a guy who is just as bad this year.

Yep, trading years on a deal for a younger body. Nice. Good trade for everyone.

We should really be realizing now that all of our scraps are just scraps and no one wants scraps for scraps right now. And we can't exactly smelt our scraps into usable material yet. All we can really do is shuffle some guys around and see if we get something useful out of it.

Hagelin is a cap dump. This trade isn't exactly great for the Kings lol

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Wonder if LA would do Janmark + Ritchie + a couple of picks for Toffoli. They seem to want more speed in their lineup. Would probably take a 3rd or 2nd rounder on top of that as the pick and maybe another conditional one. I'd easily do that deal...idk if they would

Janmark for Pearson was probably closer in value

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Not important and irrelevant, but Justin Dowling was just named the Texas Stars captain

Also curious as to when we will see the next call-up, and if it'll be Gurianov + Bayreuther

serp

Jan 17, 2016
We'll see tomorow or Friday. Probably can get some hints by who looks good at Texas Stars game tonight.

A defenseman will get called up for friday and a forward maybe not for friday but for the trip. Can't have a roadtrip with two back to backs without an extra forward.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

I bet it's not long before he is injured again and possibly hanging em up. It's good to hear he is expected to return though

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
You gotta be kidding me...what about Dickinson?? What about literally everyone else in the lineup out producing Ritchie. He has to get off this team. He absolutely has to go

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So looks like they will make a call-up..hope Gurianov has a great game but its possible may be to look at Bayreuther vs Fedun

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Hopefully just showcasing Ritchie for a trade otherwise oof

Honestly that will just hurt his value even more. Better for teams to think he has "untapped" potential on our 4th line and think he's a buy low option

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Tanner Pearson sucks but Carl Hagelin is older and played a lot with Malkin and Kessel and struggled to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad