Jun 6, 2017
:starsOfficial 2018-2019 opening night roster:

file.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
For GDT, I wouldn't be against it being a first come, first served thing. If you log in the day of a game and don't see a GDT, create one. If it's closing in on game time and there isn't one, I'll create one. Or LT could, whoever is around at that time.

If there is a specific game you wanna do the GDT, DM me or LT. If there are enough requests I'll create a sticky with the list of requests and keep it updated.

Reactions: Kcb12345

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I can manage the GDTs as best I can. Some help with a template would be great.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
For GDT, I wouldn't be against it being a first come, first served thing. If you log in the day of a game and don't see a GDT, create one. If it's closing in on game time and there isn't one, I'll create one. Or LT could, whoever is around at that time.

If there is a specific game you wanna do the GDT, DM me or LT. If there are enough requests I'll create a sticky with the list of requests and keep it updated.

Beat me to it. Sounds good!

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Sounds like we may carry 8 dmen, which means putting another forward on waivers or sending Hintz down...oof. Better not be the case cause Polak can easily be put on waivers

Then again, Shapiro also said he thought Smith would be the forward sent down so they really have no clue at all. Tough to say though cause we will have 2 extra forwards and 2 extra dmen. I suppose Smith could be put on waivers if they really want this. May be concerned about Johns' health going forward

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Sounds like we may carry 8 dmen, which means putting another forward on waivers or sending Hintz down...oof. Better not be the case cause Polak can easily be put on waivers

Then again, Shapiro also said he thought Smith would be the forward sent down so they really have no clue at all. Tough to say though cause we will have 2 extra forwards and 2 extra dmen. I suppose Smith could be put on waivers if they really want this. May be concerned about Johns health going forward

nooooooo_luke_skywalker.gif

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Don't mind the 8 man rotation simply because it's most likely gonna be a rotation of the older guys.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Doesn't really matter if it's 8 D because the guys sitting I don't care about their needed development.

The problem is, what is going to happen with the forward to accommodate? Smith on waivers I guess?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Doesn't really matter if it's 8 D because the guys sitting I don't care about their needed development.

The problem is, what is going to happen with the forward to accommodate? Smith on waivers I guess?

That would be my guess

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well because

tenor.gif

I'm pretty sure you're not serious but still... never know.

Last edited:

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I believe when Johns returns Carrick may be our 7th. Whether or not Nill eats Polaks deal, we’ll see. If one of the bottom forwards isn’t making it we’ll have another Hateful Eight.

At that point though if/when needing a forward call-up Gurianov should get that chance.

Last edited:

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
It's really not worth losing any sleep over the possibility of losing Gemel Smith. I also don't see how Shapiro could be sharing anything other than his opinion on this. The Stars have no need to commit to a roster move until they are ready to activate Johns. Circumstances and plans could change.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

It's mainly annoying because it's a clogged roster for no reason burning cap space for no reason. Polak's $1.3 million isn't a lot when looking at a total season's spend, but if this team looks good at the deadline, $1.3 million then equates to being able to acquire a guy with a [$someone else do the math] contract. By signing Polak to sit in the pressbox for 65+ games, Nill set a pile of cap space on fire for no reason at all and limited his options for later in the season.

Best GM ever.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
He apparently had decided to trust Honka and Miro, but wanted some bet presence on a young D corps. He apparently had decided that Heatherington and Bayreuther weren't NHL material (at least yet) He took what he thought was the best available. After seeing Polak be Polak, and seeing Johns injured, he started looking again.

It is definitely easier being a GM with 20/20 hindsight. At the time, we all thought $1.3M wasn't that big a gamble. Still isn't, and the chance that RP's $1.3M will be the seasons difference maker is slight.

Just a question, but can they cut him without paying his full salary or counting it towards the cap this year? Hide him in the AHL to remove the cap?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
This is how I understand it - if he's waived and unclaimed, we can put him in the AHL and save 900K towards his cap hit. That negates 2/3 of it roughly, and it gives us much more freedom to acquire a player later.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
It's mainly annoying because it's a clogged roster for no reason burning cap space for no reason. Polak's $1.3 million isn't a lot when looking at a total season's spend, but if this team looks good at the deadline, $1.3 million then equates to being able to acquire a guy with a [$someone else do the math] contract. By signing Polak to sit in the pressbox for 65+ games, Nill set a pile of cap space on fire for no reason at all and limited his options for later in the season.

Best GM ever.
Not the worst GM ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad