⭐2018-2019 Regular Season General Discussion (Polak Praise Posts ONLY)⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
It's like the reverse of 2 seasons ago when 6 of the top 9 forwards were all injured at the same time.:help:

On the bright side, maybe this means the Stars will win another lottery pick.:laugh:

Reactions: Kcb12345

Canterano

Jun 30, 2018
Finland
Yeah, not too excited about the Hanley-Heatherington pairing. Would be great if some team stacked on D would waive their 7/8 D-man. Please?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
just saw this too, any opinions? I don't really follow anything sabres aside of the main headlines

Sabres fan here.

Fedun can be a sort-of-capable 3rd pair NHL Dman at times. He's offensively-biased. Even when he's playing well, his defense is lacking. Good skater. Good first pass.

He was routinely getting scratched in Rochester b/c we have a mega-ton of youth that needs minutes.

Solid AHL vet and you're not completely screwed if he has to play in the NHL.......unless he has a bad game.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Are you kidding me? This better not be so Ritchie can come back in the lineup.

Radulov is skating so at least that's a good sign. Unfortunately Ritchie is too.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Think the problem is Methot and Carrick are not on IR . Meaning the team now has 9 theoretical active defenseman up.

Edit : No Carrick is on IR

I sincerely hope Denis is back once the defense gets sorted out.

At least its good to see that the team actually does the send worst guy back first in Heatherington even though he was called up first , for whatever reason.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Think the problem is Methot and Carrick are not on IR . Meaning the team now has 9 theoretical active defenseman up.

Edit : No Carrick is on IR

I sincerely hope Denis is back once the defense gets sorted out.

At least its good to see that the team actually does the send worst guy back first in Heatherington even though he was called up first , for whatever reason.
cant we just waive ritchie?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So i looked at it . I don't think Denis needed to go down even if Ritchie and Radulov are back.

We currently have 7 active defenseman with Heatherington going down ( Lindell , Heiskanen , Polak , Gleason , Hanley , Honka and Mehot ) and 13 forwards with Radulov coming back from IR . With the two goalies that 22 and 23 is the maximum you can have.

Is someone else coming back from IR ? Ritchie never was on IR so he doesn't count.

Last edited:

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
If/when Hanzal comes back, and we're healthy I wonder what the lines would look like

Shore - Seguin - Rads
Benn - Spezza - Nuke
Janmark - Faksa - Pitlick
Dickinson - Hanzal - Comeau
Ritchie

I'd rather Dick at C, but I dont see Hanzal playing wing. Unless Dickinson centered Benn and Spezza, but I doubt Spezza goes back to wing. Not sure how Monty would run the lines

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hanzal is still a huge questionmark to me. Shapiro who had this huge article about Hanzal and was at his home talking about the injury and watching a Stars game together doesn't sound that optimistic about Hanzal. This is a huge surgery that he had and going back to actually hard contact sport after you had a spinal fusion. I need to see him actually hitting the ice ingame before i believe he actually comes back.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
At this point is there anyone that could possibly beat Ritchie out for a lineup spot? Gemel Smith continues to play miles better than him in extremely limited ice time yet still loses it. I just don't get it. He's not even doing what he did in preseason anymore

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So i looked at it . I don't think Denis needed to go down even if Ritchie and Radulov are back.

We currently have 7 active defenseman with Heatherington going down ( Lindell , Heiskanen , Polak , Gleason , Hanley , Honka and Mehot ) and 13 forwards with Radulov coming back from IR . With the two goalies that 22 and 23 is the maximum you can have.

Is someone else coming back from IR ? Ritchie never was on IR so he doesn't count.

I suppose it's just cause they'd rather play Gurianov somewhere than scratch him every night. This despite him being better than Ritchie already

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I get why Ritchie plays over Gemel Smith on the bottom lines. Gemel is a nice energy guy for spurts but honestly he doesn't do anything else. He'll score in those spurts somewhat regularly i'll give him that but he's not a puck posession player nor physical or resposible defensively.

Neither Ritchie or Smith are top 6 guys. Ritchie never developed there and with Smith that was never question to begin with.

I don't think either should play over Gurianov , period . Both should be scratched. Shore should play third line instead of Comeau who instead should play fourth line in Smiths/Ritchies place.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I get why Ritchie plays over Gemel Smith on the bottom lines. Gemel is a nice energy guy for spurts but honestly he doesn't do anything else. He'll score in those spurts somewhat regularly i'll give him that but he's not a puck posession player nor physical or resposible defensively.

Neither Ritchie or Smith are top 6 guys. Ritchie never developed there and with Smith that was never question to begin with.

I don't think either should play over Gurianov , period . Both should be scratched. Shore should play third line instead of Comeau who instead should play fourth line in Smiths/Ritchies place.

Completely agree

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Don't quite agree with that. Honestly Stars should've put Methot on IR. He wasn't played since Toronto now and now the team has to keep a rosterspot open in case Polak is still sick while Methot occupies one now for more than 10 days while injured.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
With Nylander allegedly to be "officially" on the block, do you give up Robertson in a package while he is probably at peak value?

I do - easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad