⭐2018-2019 Regular Season General Discussion (Polak Praise Posts ONLY)⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Where's everyone who used to claim Radek Faksa is untouchable and too vital to the success of the Stars?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So Dickinson may end up on the 2nd line as well. I suppose this means back to the 4th line with Val possibly. Why are we cursed with so many forwards that can't score/finish lol

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Where's everyone who used to claim Radek Faksa is untouchable and too vital to the success of the Stars?

Faksa is a nice piece. Had a great 17-18 season, but he scored 8 of 17 goals in a 12 game Nov 4th - Dec 2nd stretch. It may have inflated his totals.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

He will end up with another 33 point season and is still good defensively. But yeah he won't be our 2C lol he'd be pretty easily replaced by Dickinson if we were to move him imo. Still is a decent depth option though. Some PP time in the slot and in front of the net would do him well

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
He will end up with another 33 point season and is still good defensively. But yeah he won't be our 2C lol he'd be pretty easily replaced by Dickinson if we were to move him imo. Still is a decent depth option though. Some PP time in the slot and in front of the net would do him well

He's been a trainwreck defensively this year.

Reactions: Zapp

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Hagelin is a cap dump. This trade isn't exactly great for the Kings lol

They make the same money, so it ain't a cap dump. It's a trade to get rid of a 26yo who needs a fresh start with 3 years left on an expensive deal for a 30 yo who also needs a fresh start with no time left on a deal.

Faksa's been fine. His linemates have not been. His offensive numbers are atrocious because he plays 70%+ Defensive Zone Starts and as Monty says, puck possession has been non-existent, and honestly, his linemates of Pitlick, Comeau and Janmark are pretty f***ing awful this year. Full stop no punches. Unproductive, way too much defensive usage to offset the fact our actual defensemen are Bad At Defense. I'm going to be very unhappy if we see that Faksa's going to get marginalized and automatically be put behind Dellandrea, who has never played in the NHL and never see third line minutes with two decent puck possession guys. He's being trusted to carry two black holes with him at all times, and he still has 6 points. Where he's falling short is faceoff percentage, but he's never been that superb at faceoffs, which is why Seguin and Spezza take a lot of draws.

Dickinson's top end should be competing with Shore for 2C. Which is higher than Faksa's offensive potential, but if Faksa had two competent linemates that could help either generate puck possession or offense, then great. Big Dick at least has the luck of playing with two guys who are working damn hard to even stay in the NHL and receiving significantly sheltered minutes.

I hate to be all "OOH CORSI SHOWS WE SUCK" but the team can't even pass the eyeball test with how terrible their puck control has been.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He should be more NHL ready than Gleason is. Still hope they'll call up a forward after tomorows game . 12 healthy forwards is a bad idea when you're going into 5 games in 7 days and 3 back to backs in 1.5 weeks.

Last edited:

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
He should be more NHL ready than Gleason is. Still hope they'll call up a forward after tomorows game . 12 healthy forwards is a bad idea when you're going into 5 games in 7 days and 3 back to backs in 1.5 weeks.

By this logic, they'll call up Erik Condra now that Dowling was named T-Stars captain.

Time doesn't seem to be very friendly to the team this year.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Why would the Stars be scouting the Ottawa/Detroit game? Who are they interested in?

Duchene...Stone...maybe...hopefully. it's probably just nothing though. Back on October 30th, Ottawa had 2 scouts at the Stars vs Habs game. Detroit had one. It's nothing though, tons of teams were scouting that game

Where did you hear that and how many scouts?

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Ugh it's so hard to watch without Klingberg. Especially on the PP

I'm hoping Monty et al. are adjusting the PP now. Heiskanen's speed could absolutely be just as useful of a break-in as Klingberg's skill.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'm hoping Monty et al. are adjusting the PP now. Heiskanen's speed could absolutely be just as useful of a break-in as Klingberg's skill.

They need to run that play that let's him get a little open ice and drive the net when someone hits him in stride with a pass. Could even have someone like Radulov or Seguin going with him on the other side to really get out speed game going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->