Post-Game Talk: ★ Young Stars Tournament ☆ Game 1: Calgary 5 - Edmonton 2 FINAL

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary out-shot Edmonton 17-4 in the opening frame, pretty disgusting. IIRC Brossoit only saw one real scoring chance.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I would prefer to have Baertchi sit out the next games. He's obviously not challenged at this level

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
What a game so far!

Also, Baertschi has been invisible for most of the game.

I don't expect much, if anything from Sven.. He's here to be a leader, and basically not get hurt lol.. Remember when Brodie looked like a lazy ass in the youngstars tourny than blew the doors off the main camp, same scenario here..

Granlund and Ferland look great so far, Kanzig and Ramage both seem a lot more mobile than advertised.

Can't stand Gene Principe, drags things out too much and just can't stop talking once he starts.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
What a game so far!

Also, Baertschi has been invisible for most of the game.

Don't expect much out of Baertschi this tournament. Brodie was the exact same way. Our prospects look great so far, granted they should be better than Edmontons pool of talent.

Glad to see granlund living up to expectations. What a pass by Ferland!!!

trckrdr

Jan 31, 2013
I expected good things from Granlund, but he's been on fire out there. Way better than I would have guessed. I love how willing he's been to get to crowded spots.

I get the feeling that Bunz could become a good goaltender, but his game definitely needs some polish.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
It's strange, I expected a better game than this - the Oilers' defence prospects were pretty highly touted before the previous 20 minutes.

I guess there's 40 minutes left in the game and anything can happen, but this is pretty poor. Reminds me of the Stampeders' Labour Day Classic game. As much as I'd love to see a win, I also want to see a good game played by both teams and this is pretty embarrassing thus far.

Not our fault we have a good offense :) The Calgary-San Jose game is going to be ugly, if you don't want to watch a blowout, don't watch that one.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Loving these results :) Especially considering we're missing all our college guys and Klimchuk

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Good fighting from Kanzig.

Also worth mentioning that although he hasn't seen much action, Brossoit looks really good. His positioning and reflexes are pretty sharp.

Last edited:

Aug 3, 2010
Gernat scores for the Oilers, 3 - 1 Calgary. Or maybe it was Khaira?

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Granlund has been the best player on the ice thus far very happy with him.
Lot of other guys looking good too Reinhart and Monahan I expected but Ferland has been a surprise.

Marincin has been the best player on the Oilers great pick up for them.
Chase I still think would have been a great pick anytime after the 2nd round and he is probably the 2nd best forward they've had this game.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Granlund has been the best player on the ice thus far very happy with him.
Lot of other guys looking good too Reinhart and Monahan I expected but Ferland has been a surprise.

Marincin has been the best player on the Oilers great pick up for them.
Chase I still think would have been a great pick anytime after the 2nd round and he is probably the 2nd best forward they've had this game.

I'm really liking the Ferland - Granlund - Hanowski line. There's been some great chances coming out of those three.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad