• 2018 Off-Season Thread •

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Absolutely demoralizing to know that Panarin will be leaving , and we will continue to have a bunch of jobber forwards , while a great defense , and a goalie that’s only good in the regular season . So excited to try to win those 2-1 games . Meanwhile, Vegas , Nashville , Whinnipeg, Florida and the rest of the league have figured out how to be successful in the new Nhl

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
He will be traded before that happens. Nobody will take a chance like the Islanders took for a long time
No he won't.

The chance of being able to re-sign up until the last minute is more valuable than any prospective pick or prospect the Jackets would get for trading away Panarin.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
No he won't.

The chance of being able to re-sign up until the last minute is more valuable than any prospective pick or prospect the Jackets would get for trading away Panarin.
Sounds like a fatal flaw.

Chasing the imaginary light at the end of the tunnel. Isles just found this out the hard way.

But hey, bright news for Isles fans... NYI got plennnnnnty of money to throw at Panarin, with no need to even sell their location of course ;) ;)

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Just saw the Pens Twitter post of Jack morphing into their jersey. It hurts. I’m not emotionally prepared for him or Matty to leave.

Ok back to lurk mode unless something exciting happens.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Sounds like a fatal flaw.

Chasing the imaginary light at the end of the tunnel. Isles just found this out the hard way.

But hey, bright news for Isles fans... NYI got plennnnnnty of money to throw at Panarin, with no need to even sell their location of course ;) ;)
It's not an imaginary light at the end of the tunnel unless the player unequivocally states an unwillingness to sign.

As long as the player is undecided, the value of potentially getting that player to stay more than offsets the value of losing them for sure in exchange for futures.

It's important to keep in mind what a player like Tavares means to the Islanders. If they lose him, they're done. They're looking at a minimum 4 years of rebuilding. So they aren't trying to mitigate a loss of that magnitude. They're spending every ounce of energy trying to avoid it entirely.

Reactions: thebus88

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

Zinggggggg

2v33dax.jpg

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
It's not an imaginary light at the end of the tunnel unless the player unequivocally states an unwillingness to sign.

As long as the player is undecided, the value of potentially getting that player to stay more than offsets the value of losing them for sure in exchange for futures.
You are more than welcome to keep believing in that light.

But just promise to me that when the Blue Jackets end up on the losing side of this Panarin situation, you'll be right back here waiting for me with a fresh, warm cookie for calling this now. :D

I'll continue on filling used milk cartons with water in anticipation of our own upcoming doomsday .

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
No he won't.

Let's ask the Islanders if that's true.

Reactions: CBJSTH

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
With the very real possibility that Werenski isn't ready for opening night, our defensive pairs for game 1 and maybe a bit beyond could be

Murray - Jones
Nutivaara - Savard
Kukan - Harrington
Cross, Carlsson, Clendening

......Yeah

Updated

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Uh? Someone want to enlighten me as to what the teal reason was?

Beef between Torts? Or is he calling out Torts saying he can't manage his players right.
Most likely ... **ck Torts . I feel like we’re stuck in Hitchcock hockey for ever . I’ve been full on support of Jarmo and Jd , but last year , not getting a center , letting Wild Bill walk , and then seeing how in Vegas his skill set was actually utilized , makes me wonder what other young players are held back by his old school thinking. Milano was second in the nhl in points per time played , Bjorkstrands play fell of a cliff after the check more focus was pushed by Torts . And then to have Panarin want to see the direction of the team before deciding , and we watch Fla, Phi, Toronto all get vastly better , why we do nothing , is making me question their leadership

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
No.

Trading away Panarin is giving up and waiving the white flag.

Agreed. And I am in favor of hanging onto him until the deadline or close to it. But if he will still not negotiate when its time to go, we have to trade him. I don't care where we are in the standings.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Agreed. And I am in favor of hanging onto him until the deadline or close to it. But if he will still not negotiate when its time to go, we have to trade him. I don't care where we are in the standings.
It's all about where we are in the standings.

This team cannot attract players and fans with false promises. The only way is to win. That means not taking a step back next year. Even if it means Panarin walks.

If we're out of it at the TDL or Panarin makes a trade request, then we have to move him. Otherwise, it's best to keep him and keep being in his ear about re-signing.

Reactions: thebus88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad