• 2018 Off-Season Thread •

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I love Cole more than anyone, but he is what he is - a bottom pairing D, with great personality and good interview. He was bottom pair in STL, in Pensburgh and here (once every D were healthy).

I watched Kukan in wordls playing big minutes in final against Sweden full of NHLers and he was impressive. Skating, passing, that wrist shot goal! He was soooo close on having a chamionships primary assist. Damn Fiala! He's younger, cheaper, better suited for today NHL pmd. So i'm ok with letting Cole go, gonna mis his interviews though.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I love Cole more than anyone, but he is what he is - a bottom pairing D, with great personality and good interview. He was bottom 6 in STL, in Pensburgh and here (once every D were healthy).

I watched Kukan in wordls playing big minutes in final against Sweden full of NHLers and he was impressive. Skating, passing, that wrist shot goal! He was soooo close on having a chamionships primary assist. Damn Fiala! He's younger, cheaper, better suited for today NHL pmd. So i'm ok with letting Cole go, gonna mis his interviews though.

I wasn’t as impressed as others with Cole in the playoffs. He took a lot of idiotic penalties and looked overmatched. No problem if he moves on. Not sure if I’m ready to hand a full time spot to Kukan though. I’m fine with him as the #7. He certainly beats Harrington.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I wasn’t as impressed as others with Cole in the playoffs. He took a lot of idiotic penalties and looked overmatched. No problem if he moves on. Not sure if I’m ready to hand a full time spot to Kukan though. I’m fine with him as the #7. He certainly beats Harrington.
He took 1 penalty in PO Panarin took 4 f.e :D During regular season yes. A LOT! And i don't think him and Savard is a match like Torts thinks, i'm believer in pairing stay at home D with PMD.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The term and $$ on Bozak, Stastny, Perron isn't bad at all.

We have the cap for that sort of guy next year, but I'm guessing Jarmo has other plans for the $$ starting in 2019-2020. This is a team that has long been willing to spend to the cap. That likely isn't changing. Maybe they still plan on retaining Panarin and Bob. If they aren't planning on it, then there's all sorts of money available for lesser players.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Stastny to Vegas. 3 years, $6.5 mil

That’s not a “vast overpay”
It's not, but I don't see us adding any centers that are better than Wennberg or Dubois unless one of them is going the other way. Otherwise you're just taking away minutes in critical development years

Reactions: thebus88

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Looks like JK is going to screw up our depth again. Ahh well, GM's aren't really all that good at recognizing that they didn't have a playoff team before their deadline moves. Howson did the same thing.

Reactions: CPTN71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad