• 2018 Off-Season Thread •

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He's been up front so far, I don't see how that would change. He probably wants to simply spend more time around the city and around the team/guys. Remember, he's only been around for a year. Your going under the assumption that he WONT sign at any time. That's not what was said. If it comes to the trade deadline and the team is out at the deadline, he will be traded. If the team is in good shape and he says he's still not SURE, I keep him. If the team is in the playoffs, and he says that he's not signing, THEN there is a hard decision to make.

Hard to argue. I would personally trade him regardless of standing position if he said he wasn't sure/not re-signing. But I can see your case.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
He is nowhere near ready.
I was gonna edit and say unless he thinks Bjorkstrand is gonna be that guy who has a massive breakout but I my page wouldn't load.
lol, I'm sorry to see your caps-lock key broke.

Someone has been saying we don't need depth centers and that we should trade one of our current top 6Cs for a better one. Which goes exactly against what the FO has been preaching from day one. Which is drafting and developing homegrown talent.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
If I'm Jarmo, I offer Panarin the exact same deal that his buddy Kane got. $10.5 million for 8 years. Heavy on the bonuses. $13 million for year one-maybe more. Not as much AAV as Tavares but one more year.

Cut the coy negotiating **** out. Put it on the table. Trade if he doesn't sign. This FO seems to like the negotiating "process". Screw that.

IT DOESNT MATTER IF HE WANTS TO WAIT.

Reactions: Viqsi and mikeyp24

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
This team as is looks to be about #6 in the Metro. Washington, Pitt, Phi, NJ, poss Carolina look to be better than us. Thank goodness NYR are going through a rebuild and NYI are a dumpster fire.

Boiled, baked, fried, or grilled?

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Possibly. They were in WC1 at the end of December, but only in the playoffs by 2.5 games. So yeah, bubble team. Could go either way.

No? I literally just asked why he thought Rick Nash was coming here because Riley Nash came here.
Because if how we are shoring up our center position is with Riley , and not going Oreilly/ Duchene , but more of a depth center , then I expect the money to be there to sign Rick, as by all accounts he wants to come back to where he began

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Because if how we are shoring up our center position is with Riley , and not going Oreilly/ Duchene , but more of a depth center , then I expect the money to be there to sign Rick, as by all accounts he wants to come back to where he began

Jarmo put out a statement talking about a forward taking a step and being the next Nutivaara, taking advantage of more ice time and thriving. Adding Nash, if he even returns to play, kind of goes against that statement because he's likely going to take a top 6 spot, no?

I'd love to have Nash back (if he's 100% and fair on a contract) but I don't see it happening, even if he wanted to come back here, I think Jarmo and co. want to stay younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->