• 2018 Off-Season Thread •

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
It's all about where we are in the standings.

This team cannot attract players and fans with false promises. The only way is to win. That means not taking a step back next year. Even if it means Panarin walks.

Teams have gotten better around us. It appears we will sit still and count on bounceback seasons and improvement. Dangerous game considering our special teams was garbage, kept the same coaches, and needed a huge 10 game win streak at the peak of the season to make the playoffs by one point.

We cannot let Panarin walk. I don't care if we are 1st, 14th, or 25th in the standings. It cannot happen. We must trade him, at some point, if he continues not to negotiate.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Teams have gotten better around us. It appears we will sit still and count on bounceback seasons and improvement. Dangerous game considering our special teams was garbage, kept the same coaches, and needed a huge 10 game win streak at the peak of the season to make the playoffs by one point.

We cannot let Panarin walk. I don't care if we are 1st, 14th, or 25th in the standings. It cannot happen. We must trade him, at some point, if he continues not to negotiate.
We cannot let Panarin leave. We cannot stop him from walking. We can stop ourselves from moving him.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
We cannot let Panarin leave. We cannot stop him from walking. We can stop ourselves from moving him.

If you're stuck between losing Panarin for nothing or losing Panarin for something, I'm taking something. Same goes for Bobrovsky. I hope Jarmo feels the same.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
If you're stuck between losing Panarin for nothing or losing Panarin for something, I'm taking something. Same goes for Bobrovsky. I hope Jarmo feels the same.
Yes but we won't know we are actually stuck until he leaves or changes his stance and notifies the Jackets that he will be leaving.

If you're stuck between POTENTIALLY losing Panarin for nothing or DEFINITELY losing him for something, you go with potentially not losing him.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Speculatory, but EJ Hradek said he wouldn't rule out Rick Nash signing a 1 year contract with Toronto.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Yes but we won't know we are actually stuck until he leaves or changes his stance and notifies the Jackets that he will be leaving.

If you're stuck between POTENTIALLY losing Panarin for nothing or DEFINITELY losing him for something, you go with potentially not losing him.

If he will actually negotiate, yeah you keep him and try to hammer out a deal. If not, you trade him. Him not negotiating is the first signal that he is leaving. He likely won't outright say it. But if he won't change that stance then you need to trade him. I sound like a broken record, but we can absolutely no way lose Panarin for nothing in the event a separation is immanent.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I sound like a broken record, but we can absolutely no way lose Panarin for nothing in the event a separation is immanent.
You're hung up on getting something in return. Whether we get anything is irrelevant. If Panarin leaves, we're screwed either way.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
It's worth more than nothing.
Not really.

If my house is destroyed by a tornado, I won't lose sleep because I turned down an offer for it for $5 minutes before it's destroyed.

I have no house now, $5 (or a 1st round pick) is nothing.

You can argue that losing Panarin won't be lethal to the Jackets. But for the Islanders, losing Tavares pretty much is.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I'm not a fan of the "we have to get something!" approach most on here have but if he's unwilling to negotiate, the team needs to punt on him.
If he is unwilling to negotiate, that's him screwing over the Jackets. They can't move him until he takes a hard line stance. If he's made up his mind, he needs to do that.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
If he is unwilling to negotiate, that's him screwing over the Jackets. They can't move him until he takes a hard line stance. If he's made up his mind, he needs to do that.

He's already unwilling to negotiate.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
[QUOTE="Crede777, post: 147656993, member: 95231|"If my house is destroyed by a tornado, I won't lose sleep because I turned down an offer for it for $5 minutes before it's destroyed.

I have no house now, $5 (or a 1st round pick) is nothing.[/QUOTE]

Are you intentionally being disingenuous or do you honestly believe this?

Reactions: Lumbus

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Are you intentionally being disingenuous or do you honestly believe this?
Do i need to repeat it more clearly? Clearly you don't understand...

Or does not everyone on here understand proper risk analysis?

The futures that we get from a Panarin trade has such a low odds of becoming a decent NHL player that it's functionally nothing.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
If I'm Jarmo, I offer Panarin the exact same deal that his buddy Kane got. $10.5 million for 8 years. Heavy on the bonuses. $13 million for year one-maybe more. Not as much AAV as Tavares but one more year.

Cut the coy negotiating shit out. Put it on the table. Trade if he doesn't sign. This FO seems to like the negotiating "process". Screw that.

Reactions: CPTN71 and EspenK

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit

Once again, not sure if you're intentionally being disingenuous or not, but it isn't remotely this black and white.

Unless he's going to return to Russia in 2019, this isn't an issue. He's gonna play somewhere in the NHL and he's also a very good player. Teams will want him.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Once again, not sure if you're intentionally being disingenuous or not, but it isn't remotely this black and white.

Unless he's going to return to Russia in 2019, this isn't an issue. He's gonna play somewhere in the NHL and he's also a very good player. Teams will want him.
Yes teams will want him.

I am talking about making his mind up with regards to staying with the Jackets.

He owes the Jackets a duty of full disclosure and being upfront so that they can adequately make a decision. "I won't negotiate until the fall" is not being up front. Do you want to re-sign or no? Tell us.

Reactions: thebus88

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
This team as is looks to be about #6 in the Metro. Washington, Pitt, Phi, NJ, poss Carolina look to be better than us. Thank goodness NYR are going through a rebuild and NYI are a dumpster fire.

Reactions: CPTN71 and CBJSTH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad