GDT: “Whatever It Takes” (McDavid Injury Documentary) • Friday January 24 • After the Skills Comp • SNET

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Oh my, your already doubting the outcome because of what so called doctors on HF say? That would be some crazy logic.

I'm doubting the outcome because this team has a horrific record of not telling the truth about injuries. This entire McDavid situation is all the proof you would ever need of this very fact.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm doubting the outcome because this team has a horrific record of not telling the truth about injuries. This entire McDavid situation is all the proof you would ever need of this very fact.

What a bunch of nonsense.
How is the McDavid situation relevant to what happened with different regimes?

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
What a bunch of nonsense.
How is the McDavid situation relevant to what happened with different regimes?

What different regime are you talking about? Lowe is still here, the owner is the same, Bob is still here. At any point, let's see what the documentary says. It will likely answer a bunch of questions.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Good thing Ferraro is there to add some common sense into the discussion....

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
What different regime are you talking about? Lowe is still here, the owner is the same, Bob is still here. At any point, let's see what the documentary says. It will likely answer a bunch of questions.

Just stop.

Lowe isnt involved in hockey Ops...you know that.
Bob has handed the keys to Holland.

That narrative is so stale at this point.
Time for you to move on.

Last edited:

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Just stop.

Time for you to move on.
And when they die their disembodied spirits will posses whoever is there and it will still be there fault.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Decided by the Mcdavid camp not the Oilers

This. This whole documentary had nothing to do with the Oilers; it was a McDavid decision
. John Shannon said as much this afternoon.

Just stop.

Time for you to move on.

Pretty much.

Interestingly, unless I heard wrong, apparently that PoS Flames captain was also interviewed for the Documentary

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I dont understand why this is a reflection of Edmonton reporters.
The team took extraordinary efforts to keep the extent of the injury behind closed doors.

I dont blame the team at all for doing that.

I really dont see what the issue is here.

Agreed. I was just saying that even if it was because the reporters are "hacks" as the other poster suggested, that would still be a good thing. Good job by the org to give McDavid his privacy and also nip any instability in the bud.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Oh my, your already doubting the outcome because of what so called doctors on HF say? That would be some crazy logic.
Why would Metz care to hype the discussion about how well it healed anyways. That's probably 1 minute of screen time and not the main focus of the documentary.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This. This whole documentary had nothing to do with the Oilers; it was a McDavid decision
. John Shannon said as much this afternoon.

Pretty much.

Interestingly, unless I heard wrong, apparently that PoS Flames captain was also interviewed for the Documentary

I am really looking forward to this Documentary. I mean Connor didnt really need his reputation elevated because it already is as high as could be but this Doc is going to make him legendary.

Based on the trailer I see this (more than anything) as being very hopeful.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

"Giordano told Eric Francis of Sportsnet: “I feel terrible – I honestly thought I could get that puck when I dove for it and watching the replay I missed it and my stick kind of trips him. I was trying to ask him right away. He was in a lot of pain there so he wasn’t saying much. Obviously with the result being what it is if I had to do it all over again I’d almost rather see myself let him go and not injure him. It’s easy to say after the fact. I’m not trying to make a dirty play there.”

So even after the fact, he would 'almost' rather let him go and not injure him. In other words, he would do it again, even knowing he caused the injury. Nice.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Agreed. I was just saying that even if it was because the reporters are "hacks" as the other poster suggested, that would still be a good thing. Good job by the org to give McDavid his privacy and also nip any instability in the bud.

Oh okay...thanks for the clarification.
I completely agree. :nod:

Reactions: ujju2

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

Bob was not part of the regimes you're referencing.

They don't owe you the complete truth, either. McDavid's camp made a decision and I'm inclined to believe he's healthy because it's a leg injury and I can see him move better than literally every other player on earth every second day.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yeah I know. I'm not talking about McDavid's decision at all. I'm talking about believing the team about the results of McDavid's decision. If McDavid, or his dad, says in the documentary that his PCL is completely healed, I'll believe them.

You actually need someone to tell you that its completely healed?
I mean...its not like there hasnt been any overwhelming evidence on the ice for the last 4 months.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014

"Giordano told Eric Francis of Sportsnet: “I feel terrible – I honestly thought I could get that puck when I dove for it and watching the replay I missed it and my stick kind of trips him. I was trying to ask him right away. He was in a lot of pain there so he wasn’t saying much. Obviously with the result being what it is if I had to do it all over again I’d almost rather see myself let him go and not injure him. It’s easy to say after the fact. I’m not trying to make a dirty play there.”

So even after the fact, he would 'almost' rather let him go and not injure him. In other words, he would do it again, even knowing he caused the injury. Nice.

that’s not how English works.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Bob was not part of the regimes you're referencing. Even Katz kind of wasn't.

They don't owe you the complete truth, either.

Some posters will make things up just to support a tired old narrative.
That narrative will probably be continuously recycled as well as soon as there is any sign of negativity in the organization... @Mez pretty much nailed it.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Somehow the only guy with a picture in the credits is that d-bag :)

His other IMDB credit for whatever reason is being in the 2015 all star game.

I am over Giordano...Turtlechuk not so much. :D

I am really curious to know how McDavid made the decision to rehab instead of doing the surgery.
Massively tough decision.
It really speaks to his courage, determination and self belief and also speaks volumes about the body's ability to heal itself.

Reactions: ujju2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad