GDT: “Whatever It Takes” (McDavid Injury Documentary) • Friday January 24 • After the Skills Comp • SNET

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
I thought that it was being replayed at least once if not twice this week.

I can’t find it though?

Reactions: Porkleaker

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
Great film. One of my favourite scenes was a shot from above immediately following the injury where Draisaitl is standing over McDavid and one-arm shoves Giordano away from the Captain. Leon also says something to Giordano when he first skates over to check on Connor, I wonder what he said?
People complaining that this is just PR are fools, it’s a great story and Connor deserves more PR, this is a guy who should be a household name in North America.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Thanks @Porkleaker

This guy is freak. Edmonton doesn’t just have the most talented hockey player in the world but also one of the most dedicated and hardworking athletes in all of sports. You guys are lucky to have him. Here’s to a long career full of continued success and hopefully a cup in the not too distant future. As for the Masterton, I think that’s pretty much a lock after seeing this. Great having him in STL over the weekend.

space321

May 11, 2011
Just finished the documentary. Damn, Connor's f***ing insane. What an athlete, so dedicated to himself and his game and his team. Get this guy some f***ing help already. f*** Broberg, f*** our 2020 1st round pick, f*** our prospects, GET THIS GUY SOME f***ING WINGERS.

I miss Hall.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I feel a bit bad, I was a bit hard on him at the beginning of the year. Obviously I didnt know the extent of the injury.

Amazing determination. Lives up to the name McJesus.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I wonder if this time off is helping his knee to heal even more and get even stronger? That would be one possible positive from this worldwide situation.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I wonder if this time off is helping his knee to heal even more and get even stronger? That would be one possible positive from this worldwide situation.
its probably giving him time to do a normal offseason workout rather than just rehabbing it.

So I would assume its getting stronger.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
its probably giving him time to do a normal offseason workout rather than just rehabbing it.

So I would assume its getting stronger.

I heard this is a photo of him now.

legs_1.jpg

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. You gotta figure a guy like McDavid has a pretty sweet home gym, and is likely taking this opportunity to work out, get better, and heal even more. It's not in his DNA to just sit around the house.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I think this has aired nationally and in North America now.

I got a buddy in the States that I'd like to show this to. PM me if you can help me out. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->