Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Because he doesn’t run around hitting people all the time. How he’s under appreciated I’ll never get. Literally every team in the league would want him in the top 4, especially at $4.1M a year. I don’t know if it’s willful ignorance or not understanding what he does but it’s batshit crazy to me.

View attachment 639210
Carlo wears an ‘Ass holes live forever’ sweatshirt he’s untouchable

Such a bad ass he would be

Maybe get a tattoo on his calf with a sword going thru skull

I wore shorts till early November so people could see it and realize don’t F with that bad boy …..grrrr

• Haha
Reactions: 13Hockey

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Carlo wears an ‘Ass holes live forever’ sweatshirt he’s untouchable

Such a bad ass he would be

Maybe get a tattoo on his calf with a sword going thru skull

I wore shorts till early November so people could see it and realize don’t F with that bad boy …..grrrr
FA6EA5C8-A07D-4FB3-BC63-E200A3C122F6.gif

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
I'm not sure if this is a new report, but Jeff Marek says the Canucks are looking for "3 players, including a top prospect" in return for Bo Horvat.

Elliotte Friedman says, "I do think the Bruins and Pastrnak continue to move towards an eventual extension. Nothing is done until it's done, but it seems to be going in that direction."

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Just wait until free agency for Horvat. It is a lot easier to move money in the off-season. It’s not going to be easy either way, but if you really want the guy, keep you assets and go get him that way.

They don’t need a star addition or even a big addition. Fortify the bottom six with a quality veteran who can play special teams, most notably the PK (Toews, Acciari) and add a depth defenseman to play ahead of Zboril who IMO can’t be relied upon.

Just my two cents

Reactions: Bodit9 and Mione134

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Just wait until free agency for Horvat. It is a lot easier to move money in the off-season. It’s not going to be easy either way, but if you really want the guy, keep you assets and go get him that way.

They don’t need a star addition or even a big addition. Fortify the bottom six with a quality veteran who can play special teams, most notably the PK (Toews, Acciari) and add a depth defenseman to play ahead of Zboril who IMO can’t be relied upon.

Just my two cents
I honestly don’t understand anyone who doesn’t see this too. Why would you mess with the top 9/top 4 of a team that’s 36-5-4?

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Just my two cents

Honestly if you want Bo Horvat, you have to trade for him. Vancouver seems willing to deal him, but its unlikely anyone is going to pay the price they want, without working an extension. And if by chance if it gets to summer you are going to end up in a huge bidding war.

I just think it is very unlikely to be signed in the offseason.

Last edited:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Honestly if you want Bo Horvat, you have to trade for him. Vancouver seems willing to deal him, but its unlikely anyone is going to pay the price they want, without working an extension. And if by chance if it gets to summer you are going to end up in a huge bidding war.

I just think it is very unlikely to be signed in the offseason.
As my dad always said to me before I went out in high school, “Let someone else be the asshole”

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
How much would Meier cost as a pure rental?
A ton. Likely Lysell or Lohrei or both, someone like Frederic and a first. Plus 15-20% of your roster when you extend him in the summer.

Meier is worth it, for sure. He's awesome, an RFA and doesn't have trade protection clauses.

The Bruins have a lot of wings, though, and not much cap space next season.

Reactions: Blowfish

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
As my dad always said to me before I went out in high school, “Let someone else be the asshole”
As compared to my dad who would say "if you go out tonight, be careful asshole"

As far as the roster

Only upgrades to consider are the 5/6 defensemen and Nosek/Greer/Smith. Foward pos 1-10, defense 1-4 and the goalies are set in stone as far as I am concerned. I wouldn't scream but can't see them moving Clifton or Forbort either

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Based on what? Been watching a lot of Providence games?

How about we give the kid at least one full season in the AHL, or better yet, at least a couple of NHL games before we write him off as a bust. I think he just started shaving this year…..
Based on my gut. My gut is undefeated. His numbers this year are good, it isnt about his production in the ahl. I just have a feeling he isnt going to be a long term nhl success.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I seriously don't get why people are always throwing Carlo into these trades like he's a spare part.
He's a shut down and core player. Very difficult to find a player of his quality and not going to find one at his salary.
knowing Sweeney's background I'd speculate that he isn't considering it.

When he's on, he's great. When's he off, he's rough. Cassidy likely played a part. Plus he's had a lot of concussions so long-term health is a concern. If we get the good, healthy Carlo then there likely won't be many complaining. But yeah, inconsistency & health have popped up. I don't want to trade him but I also don't pretend these criticisms don't exist.

Reactions: Guelph Bruin

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
It's tough to make it through the playoffs without a D injury. That's the Bruins weak spot as far as depth goes. If an injury to one of the top 4 D happens, who moves up?
They don't need to pay big money for a 5-6 D That can move up if necessary. You can't have Clifton on the top 4 in the playoffs and expect success.
Maybe we'll get lucky this year and not have a top 4 D injury. I doubt Sweeney will take that chance.

Off course this pure speculation on my part. we'll see what happens soon enough.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Based on my gut. My gut is undefeated. His numbers this year are good, it isnt about his production in the ahl. I just have a feeling he isnt going to be a long term nhl success.
People usually write about their feelings in a diary. You don't add anything here when people are trying to have a serious conversation in reality about the why's/why nots about if a player will make an NHL impact and your contribution is equivalent to a tarot card reading.

Reactions: shelbysdad

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I’ve seen Geekie’s name get mentioned a few times on here, is there something I’m missing about him? He’s still young, but he‘s never even been .5 PPG before, not exactly what we need.

That being said though, if we were gonna go after young, RFA center I’d wouldn’t mind taking a look at Morgan Frost. Started the year slow, but he’s been on fire lately and looks like he’s finally rounding into an NHLer. Plus I thought I read somewhere that the flyers were willing to trade him.
Future RFA, amazing work ethic.

Honestly, nothing special...yet. But when you peel back the layers, a young RH C, plays with an edge and would buy into this team culture in a heartbeat.

Again, I know I am the only one posting about him but that's the type I add to this group; a guy who may find himself looking for a place to call home if Seattle adds a big C piece and the Bruins can add him with little to nothing against the cap.

Hunting for RFA's or culture guys that would happily join this core.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Future RFA, amazing work ethic.

Honestly, nothing special...yet. But when you peel back the layers, a young RH C, plays with an edge and would buy into this team culture in a heartbeat.

Again, I know I am the only one posting about him but that's the type I add to this group; a guy who may find himself looking for a place to call home if Seattle adds a big C piece and the Bruins can add him with little to nothing against the cap.

Hunting for RFA's or culture guys that would happily join this core.

Good find and I like your thinking. This is the type of underrated guy they should look for. The money will eliminate Horvat. Larkin more than likely re-signs, so they are really going to have to do their homework. Granlund might be another possibility but there is some bust potential there.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Good find and I like your thinking. This is the type of underrated guy they should. The money will eliminate Horvat. Larkin more than likely re-signs, so they are really going to have to do their homework. Granlund might be another possibility but there is some bust potential there.

Yeah, it's not flashy but this team needs to find guys like this and turn them into Zacha's. You take good people with skill and put them into this culture while you can and see them flourish.

Look where he's getting these from. Now, drop this style of 3rd line C with the Bruins D core shooting and you may have something. Just a feeling that he would do well with Frederic in the future.

Last edited:

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I‘ve always thought Geekie was a solid, bottom 6 player, back to his Carolina days. I just dont see any reason why Seattle would want to trade him? Unless some team out there inexplicably wanted to overpay. They are solidly in the playoff mix right now and he’s not player you’d reach for to get on your roster at the deadline

Last edited:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I seriously don't get why people are always throwing Carlo into these trades like he's a spare part.
He's a shut down and core player. Very difficult to find a player of his quality and not going to find one at his salary.
knowing Sweeney's background I'd speculate that he isn't considering it.
It can't be many folk...it's a weird name to be throwing out there for trade proposal. No way the bruins are trading Carlo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad