Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
The offense already leads the league in GF/GP, so we should weaken the defense to add more offense :huh:
There's an old saying .... a good offense is a good defense .... Horvat makes the already great offense even better and also potentially solves issues in case of injury this year and solidifies the position in the future if he can be signed ....plus Ullmark is out of his mind right now, so a few more pucks on net might with the absence of Carlo might not be an issue. Again, I'm all for keeping Carlo but Horvat is a bigger prize IMO.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
View attachment 639521

No superstars. Especially, No punk Kane. No Serious Toews. I don't care how good they (still) are. They're old, their contracts are trash, and, not to put to fine a point on it, they would not fit in, particularly Kane.

These two belong in Chicago, where they can answer for their farrago silence, not to say studied ignorance, relative to

No. Thank. You. Eff 'em both.
I also hate Kane and I also am not pleased with Toews. I don’t really want either one. But Bohorvat with extension. Yes please. Not that I think it’s an easy thing. I get cap constrictions but who knows. Sometimes general managers pull crazy things off. I wouldn’t be mad adding Toews as a rental if the price was right.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I think Luke Schenn is getting a tad overrated. Just a smidge 😐
You trying to tell me this dude isn't the key to us winning a cup?
index.png

Reactions: BlackFrancis

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
You guys think Horvat will continue shooting double his normal shooting percentage once he's got his shiny new contract, or maybe the team that signs him gets lucky and he shoots 50% until retirement?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
There's an old saying .... a good offense is a good defense .... Horvat makes the already great offense even better and also potentially solves issues in case of injury this year and solidifies the position in the future if he can be signed ....plus Ullmark is out of his mind right now, so a few more pucks on net might with the absence of Carlo might not be an issue. Again, I'm all for keeping Carlo but Horvat is a bigger prize IMO.

Ya there's also a saying that a good offense is a good defense. They also say offense wins games and defense win championships.

Who takes over the PK1 hole Carlo leaves behind?

List of Bruins who can play center:

Bergeron
Krejci
Coyle
Nosek
Zacha
Frederic
Foligno

List of Bruins who play RD

McAvoy
Carlo
Clifton
Zboril
Stralman

The list of guys who can play center is far deeper than those that play RD. You can possibly get Toews for 2nd or 3rd i.e. a fraction of the cost of Horvat. Toews is still on pace for 50pts, a monster in the dot and a winner at every level he's played.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Marc McLaughlin.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The offense already leads the league in GF/GP, so we should weaken the defense to add more offense :huh:

Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 10.02.56 AM.png

The defense is pretty good, too ;).

I do think that some of the offense will dry up in the playoffs. I worry, particularly, about the Zacha/Krejci/Pasta group against teams with better defensive structure. Might not be enough "dirty goals" in that group. I also worry about our fourth line keeping up with the Toronto/Carolina/New Jersey speed + skill teams in a seven game series.

But I hear ya on RD depth. Would like to see Strahlman get some playing time to shake off the rust here soon to get a feel on how much he can offer.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Ya there's also a saying that a good offense is a good defense. They also say offense wins games and defense win championships.

Bergeron
Krejci
Coyle

Bergeron
Krejci
Coyle
Nosek
Zacha
Frederic
Foligno

List of Bruins who play RD

McAvoy
Carlo
Clifton
Zboril
Stralman

The list of guys who can play center is far deeper than those that play RD. You can possibly get Toews for 2nd or 3rd i.e. a fraction of the cost of Horvat. Toews is still on pace for 50pts, a monster in the dot and a winner at every level he's played.
I'm all in as Toews (even knowing he really screwed the pooch as captain and human being in the sexual assault against his teammate) as a short term replacement and keeping Carlo. I'm just stating if the right old fashioned Hockey Trade came along then I'd consider trading a really good defensive defenseman for a Centre with #1 or #2 upside.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think Luke Schenn is getting a tad overrated. Just a smidge 😐

Do fans really want to cough up a 2nd rounder for Luke Schenn to be this team's 4th best right-shooting D-man?

I get you need depth for the playoffs but you don't give up Top 60 picks for depth.

A week or so ago people jumped all over me when I said you could pair Forbort with Carlo. Yet people want Schenn for the 3rd pair?

Unless the price is a 4th or 5th rounder, Luke Schenn makes no sense for this team IMO. None.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I also hate Kane and I also am not pleased with Toews. I don’t really want either one. But Bohorvat with extension. Yes please. Not that I think it’s an easy thing. I get cap constrictions but who knows. Sometimes general managers pull crazy things off. I wouldn’t be mad adding Toews as a rental if the price was right.

I'd love a 27 year old Bo for the present and future.

However, there are two considerations.

One, in this all in season, the Bruins are not in need of a center. Unbelievably, they are just fine at present.

Two, Horvat's contract, upward of eight million I believe, is prohibitive relative to cap constraints. Beyond that, the Canucks would likely demand Fabian or Mason.

Nope.

I completely understand and agree with strategic planning per the center position, because in my view, regardless of what happens, neither PB nor DK will be back next season.

Upping a versitle, dependable, unspectacular Pavel Zacha, just 25, was a great move by "Sweenes." As was signing him for basically nothing in the first place. Excellent.

You have Frederic. You have McLaughlin, who was impressive -- intelligent, stalwart, teachable, trtrustworthy, talented -- in his short time last year and in camp. He deserves an opportunity.

Obviously and ideally, long term stability, depth and high end talent at center is the top priority going forward.

Given everything, the B's should sit tight for now and see what emerges in the summer.

Two cents.

Reactions: Kegs

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Do fans really want to cough up a 2nd rounder for Luke Schenn to be this team's 4th best right-shooting D-man?

I get you need depth for the playoffs but you don't give up Top 60 picks for depth.

A week or so ago people jumped all over me when I said you could pair Forbort with Carlo. Yet people want Schenn for the 3rd pair?

Unless the price is a 4th or 5th rounder, Luke Schenn makes no sense for this team IMO. None.

I'm no expert, but disagree.

This is it. It's win it all now and then regroup.

A second round selection in an apparently deep draft? I would still do it.

The Bruins can and should solidify their D depth with the a 30 year old, reliably hard hitting Luke Schenn.

Good sense to me.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'm no expert, but disagree.

This is it. It's win it all now and then regroup.

A second round selection in an apparently deep draft? I would still do it.

The Bruins can and should solidify their D depth with the a 30 year old, reliably hard hitting Luke Schenn.

Good sense to me.

We don't have a 2nd this year or next, so it'd have to be a 2025 2nd rounder.

Reactions: PlayMakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad