Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Gavrikov is gonna cost a Chiarot-type return. He's pretty cost controlled though.

I'm a fan of only making deals for players we can actually sign, so if he wants to join the B's going forward, I'm cool with it.

His advanced stats look pretty decent on an absolutely dogwater team.

1673381102257.png

I wonder, if we sign someone like this, do we become the next Nashville Predators? Absolutely lights out defense and goaltending and like 3 good forwards, lol

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Gavrikov is gonna cost a Chiarot-type return. He's pretty cost controlled though.

I'm a fan of only making deals for players we can actually sign, so if he wants to join the B's going forward, I'm cool with it.

View attachment 633149

I wonder, if we sign someone like this, do we become the next Nashville Predators? Absolutely lights out defense and goaltending and like 3 good forwards, lol

I don't think management will necessarily sweat signing the guy we trade for given our cap crunch. It's cup time...

He checks all the boxes. If he costs pick 32++ but they take a bunch of cap garbage from us too, I'm in. He was the best guy I could find by a large margin.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

View attachment 633149

Yeah he would be a great add, force Forbort to be the 7th D and also is capable of playing up if Gryz/Lindholm get hurt my only worry is the return...if they traded David Savard for a 1st, 3rd and 4th you would have to think Gavrikov is worth more, unless we believe that Savard went for so much since he is the coveted position of RHD.

Reactions: Gordoff

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I don't think management will necessarily sweat signing the guy we trade for given our cap crunch. It's cup time...

He checks all the boxes. If he costs pick 32++ but they take a bunch of cap garbage from us too, I'm in. He was the best guy I could find by a large margin.
Late to the party.....Does he have a name?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Upgrading over Forbort and stabilizing the 3rd pairing a bit more would be nice. I don't know too much about Gavrikov to say if he really is an improvement over Forbort, who I appreciate what he brings but I feel like he's been on the ice for most of the Bruins goals against and chances against lately.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
So, a name I heard today that I have not seen yet for those worried about our C position past this summer:

View attachment 633208
Horvat is not our only Center who is a UFA after this season.

I have no double Detroit will throw the bank at him, but it is still a possibility if they cant resign him by FA day.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Luke Schenn would be my deadline target

Just give me a physical depth defenseman and a 4th line banger and I’ll be happy. Hell I’ll probably still be happy without either of those things lol we got a pretty sweet roster

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
So, a name I heard today that I have not seen yet for those worried about our C position past this summer:

View attachment 633208
Horvat is not our only Center who is a UFA after this season.

I have no double Detroit will throw the bank at him, but it is still a possibility if they cant resign him by FA day.
Larkin is about the only guy who could move that I’d give up Lysell/Lohrei for.

Gifu

Dec 17, 2021
Olli Maatta could also be a good option for the 3rd pair or depth. He's not as good as Gavrikov but is certainly a much cheaper option. A two-way defender who can play in almost any situation. The contract ends this season. His strengths are in defense and has also played a lot of penalty kill for years. Unfortunately not the fastest player on skates, but not slower than Forbort.
He also has experience in winning which is always a plus. Plays a relatively good year and the cap hit is a little over 2 million. Just another new name for speculation.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Olli Maatta could also be a good option for the 3rd pair or depth. He's not as good as Gavrikov but is certainly a much cheaper option. A two-way defender who can play in almost any situation. The contract ends this season. His strengths are in defense and has also played a lot of penalty kill for years. Unfortunately not the fastest player on skates, but not slower than Forbort.
He also has experience in winning which is always a plus. Plays a relatively good year and the cap hit is a little over 2 million. Just another new name for speculation.
Would never be unhappy adding a guy with cup experience for depth like him.

David Perron is my dream add but no chance for a host of reasons unfortunately.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Luke Schenn would be my deadline target

Just give me a physical depth defenseman and a 4th line banger and I’ll be happy. Hell I’ll probably still be happy without either of those things lol we got a pretty sweet roster
I wanted him last year, he’s this seasons chiarot, someone will regret giving up a first for him

Reactions: bbfan419 and CDJ

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Gavrikov would give a lot of flexibility between him/Grizz/Forbort.

Grizz-Clifton have played well in the past on the 3rd pair as have Forbort-Clifton this season. Think Grizz is a target in the playoffs? Press box. Think we need some more mobility? Put Grizz in there. LHD gets injured? Some insurance.

Gavrikov - Carlo sounds like a great shutdown pair on paper. Well one of two shutdown pairs since the other one is Lindholm - McAvoy

I doubt it happens though. Idk if I'd wanna chuck a first at him.

Reactions: TCB and Gordoff

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Gavrikov would give a lot of flexibility between him/Grizz/Forbort.

Grizz-Clifton have played well in the past on the 3rd pair as have Forbort-Clifton this season. Think Grizz is a target in the playoffs? Press box. Think we need some more mobility? Put Grizz in there. LHD gets injured? Some insurance.

Gavrikov - Carlo sounds like a great shutdown pair on paper. Well one of two shutdown pairs since the other one is Lindholm - McAvoy

I doubt it happens though. Idk if I'd wanna chuck a first at him.
I would pay that late 1st for him if that is the cost but rather it be 2nd .
This team deserves best chance it can be given at the Cup.These chances will not come around again for a while is my thinking and definitely gut feeling.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Honest question who would you rather up grade on the left side Grzecyk or Forbert.
Should I do a Poll??????????????

Depends on who the upgrade is. If it’s someone who eats pucks and kills penalties than Forbort for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad