Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yeah, but other than 2015, who are those Bergerons and Krejcis that we missed out on?

2016 you have Tage Thompson who was still available when Bruins picked. But that pick was McAvoy. Then you have Jordan Kyrou available at our second pick (Frederick), good player the last couple of seasons, took him until age 23-24 to break out, but I think he doesn’t even play center nowadays.

2017 Robert Thomas was picked 2 picks after Vaak. So there is one good center we missed out on. Nothing special after that.

2018 our first pick was 57th, in a draft that has not produced any star centers so far

2019 we picked Beecher 31st. The career leading scorer of all centers picked after him is Shane Pinto with 26 points.

I will not do 2020s, because I misplaced my crystal ball, but we only had 1 first in three drafts and picked Lysell.

All in all, I see one Robert Thomas as the only real missed opportunity at taking a center we could have develop into our top-6. Obviously, as I mentioned in my earlier post, 2015 is another story.

Closer to 20 seasons ago 🙂, but yes, that was my point.
The only one you missed was Josh Norris

Reactions: Ivo

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
This is where I am at. I believe Beecher could play 4th line in the NHL right now. Either way Koppanen has earned the first crack, but I would use this time to also see what Beecher could do, maybe Lettieri as well. these guys are your likely Black Aces this year, so give them a game or two.
What's Lettieri's contract status? Can they even bring/call him up?
EDIT: someone else mentioned that he'd have to go on waivers when they sent him back.
Discussion for another time and place but it's kinda ridiculous that there isn't more freedom for
teams to do this more often.
I'm not even sure if teams are allowed to send players down to the "A" who are coming off of an LTIR for conditioning.

Last edited:

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
The only one you missed was Josh Norris
I guess, although as a former huge fan of the goal-scoring machine Marek Svatos, I prefer that a player has more than one good season before I proclaim him a proven star. With Josh Norris, I see one 55 point season last year, 2 points in 7 games this year and a massive injury. All the best to him, but I will be more confident in him once he surpasses the career totals of Ryan Spooner.

Reactions: Gordoff

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Carlo for part of a deal for Karlson is a sideways move.
Bruins have one of the best stats for goals against.
Clifton does some good thing controlling the puck in his own end isn't one of them probably the reason Forbort has to make so many blocked shots.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Yeah, but other than 2015, who are those Bergerons and Krejcis that we missed out on?

2016 you have Tage Thompson who was still available when Bruins picked. But that pick was McAvoy. Then you have Jordan Kyrou available at our second pick (Frederick), good player the last couple of seasons, took him until age 23-24 to break out, but I think he doesn’t even play center nowadays.

2017 Robert Thomas was picked 2 picks after Vaak. So there is one good center we missed out on. Nothing special after that.

2018 our first pick was 57th, in a draft that has not produced any star centers so far

2019 we picked Beecher 31st. The career leading scorer of all centers picked after him is Shane Pinto with 26 points.

I will not do 2020s, because I misplaced my crystal ball, but we only had 1 first in three drafts and picked Lysell.

All in all, I see one Robert Thomas as the only real missed opportunity at taking a center we could have develop into our top-6. Obviously, as I mentioned in my earlier post, 2015 is another story.

Closer to 20 seasons ago, but yes, that was my point.
So you're against trading Carlo and salary dumps for Horvat? Sweeney drafting history not being considered. Maybe they can even work in Schenn in the equation for a few minor adds.

Reactions: Gordoff and DKH

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
So you're against trading Carlo and salary dumps for Horvat? Sweeney drafting history not being considered. Maybe they can even work in Schenn in the equation for a few minor adds.
I was only reacting to the claim that Sweeney has done badly with drafting and developing centers.
As to trading Carlo for Horvat, if we are trading for Horvat, I would prefer that it is not at the expense of the current team. Trade futures of all sorts, I don’t particularly care, but touch roster players only if you are bringing a clear improvement on their position and even then, I would hesitate to interfere with the chemistry and camaraderie on this team.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
I was only reacting to the claim that Sweeney has done badly with drafting and developing centers.
As to trading Carlo for Horvat, if we are trading for Horvat, I would prefer that it is not at the expense of the current team. Trade futures of all sorts, I don’t particularly care, but touch roster players only if you are bringing a clear improvement on their position and even then, I would hesitate to interfere with the chemistry and camaraderie on this team.
I'm of the same philosophy, team chemistry is off the charts, but sometimes you have to give roster players to get roster players in the cap constrained salary structure, but that's a problem for Sweeney and Gold.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
They aren't gonna want to subtract from the locker room of a team that's off to one of the greatest starts in league history, especially a member of the core like Carlo. It's not even worth discussing, he isn't getting traded and especially not mid-season.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Can I please clear up the waiver rule? There are errors in this thread.

Any player who previously cleared waivers, even at the start of the season, can be called up for 30 cumulative days or 9 games before requiring waivers to be sent back down.

Furthermore, a player can be called up on an emergency basis due to injury for 9 games and then be transferred over to regulat call up for a total of 18 games before requiring waivers to be sent back down to Providence.

Hope this clears up the waiver question for ya'll

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
When did we play nj last? I didn’t notice Wood killing them. I’ll look at stuff but, for now, I’d certainly be interested.

Reactions: bbfan419

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
Oh I have no idea. Might not even be remotely possible.

All I'm saying is of all the guys out there on the trade market, if there is any one player who would put this Bruins team completely over the top, it's Erik Karlsson right now. I'm just enamored by what I've seen of him this year.

If they could actually get him it would be unbelievable. I have no idea how they could pull it off cap-wise. If they are willing to pony up a premium for Bo Horvat, I'd take Erik Karlsson over him ever day of the week. They aren't even in the same stratosphere IMO as players or their impact on the ice.

All that being said, a top 3 D of McAvoy/Lindholm/Karlsson + Swayman/Ullmark tandem this year and the next 3-4 gives me a warm fuzzy feeling all over. Pure fantasy stuff probably but it's fun to think about.
Yeah I’m sure Karlsson is a dream…and I’m not even sure he’s the right “fit”. But wow anyone who has watched him play this year..the guy is just playing unbelievable hockey….simply flying out there.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Well from what I read on here the only to places he may be considering at present are Winnipeg and Boston. I have no idea where if any where he may choose. I am simply saying a team wanting him is only a part of the equation . I suspect he will be very selective on where he chooses to go if any where.
I don't think that's what was said here at all.

Reactions: hrdpuk

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Can I please clear up the waiver rule? There are errors in this thread.

Any player who previously cleared waivers, even at the start of the season, can be called up for 30 cumulative days or 9 games before requiring waivers to be sent back down.

Furthermore, a player can be called up on an emergency basis due to injury for 9 games and then be transferred over to regulat call up for a total of 18 games before requiring waivers to be sent back down to Providence.

Hope this clears up the waiver question for ya'll

I have a question for you Dom. I saw that Reilly got injured down in Providence. I’m not sure the severity but it got me thinking.

If the injury was bad and he was put in ltir, would the big club get any cap relief from it?

Reactions: Gordoff and hrdpuk

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
I seriously don't get why people are always throwing Carlo into these trades like he's a spare part.
He's a shut down and core player. Very difficult to find a player of his quality and not going to find one at his salary.
knowing Sweeney's background I'd speculate that he isn't considering it.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I seriously don't get why people are always throwing Carlo into these trades like he's a spare part.
He's a shut down and core player. Very difficult to find a player of his quality and not going to find one at his salary.
knowing Sweeney's background I'd speculate that he isn't considering it.
Because he doesn’t run around hitting people all the time. How he’s under appreciated I’ll never get. Literally every team in the league would want him in the top 4, especially at $4.1M a year. I don’t know if it’s willful ignorance or not understanding what he does but it’s batshit crazy to me.

C1601613-F537-42A8-A869-1852AF984123.png

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Because he doesn’t run around hitting people all the time. How he’s under appreciated I’ll never get. Literally every team in the league would want him in the top 4, especially at $4.1M a year. I don’t know if it’s willful ignorance or not understanding what he does but it’s batshit crazy to me.

View attachment 639210
You can bet your ass Sweeney and the team know and appreciate what he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad