Speculation: ‘20-21 Trade/Free Agency Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I think Heinen would be a very good 3rd liner if we could ever fill the top 2 lines. This team can't operate with a shutdown line and i'd prefer us to go back to a Boudreau system with 4 lines always coming at you. Need the personnel first though.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Losing Heinen for Virtanen wouldn't really bother me. I just don't think this move would make Anaheim any better. Year ago they gave away one disappointing powerforward and now they would be acquiring a similar guy. It's not going to make a difference.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Losing Heinen for Virtanen wouldn't really bother me. I just don't think this move would make Anaheim any better. Year ago they gave away one disappointing powerforward and now they would be acquiring a similar guy. It's not going to make a difference.

its just one of those lateral moves that makes the GM think that a change of scenery may help a player perform better or match up better with new line-mates. Really not losing much with Heinen. If Bob can get a pick also attached, then maybe could be a very good trade.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I think they would have done a deal for a 2nd if they could get one. Teams aren't willing to take on money this year whatsoever. Also, I don't think Heinen is worth a 2nd.
I think if you retained a bit someone would bite for a pick past the 50s. hell Stepan got the Yotes a mid second with no retention. Plus Heinen has a bit of team control as well.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

Plot thickens

I kind of wondered if this wouldn't be 1 for 1. If it was gonna be that surely it would've been done.

But I'm not sure what this looks like. Milano and Larsson make a combined $3.1 next year but that would at the very least mean Baertschi and even then I'm not sure if it does. And then it's probably gotta get bigger to account for giving up those two and taking on Sven.

This is interesting, that kind of indicates it could be dead.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Ritchie had low iq when he was playing for us. Makes dumbass penalties and turns the puck over without doing much of anything

Being undisciplined is not the same as having a low IQ. Ritchies IQ in terms of decision making with the puck, vision and making the right decision was generally very good. Him taking dumb penalties doesn’t take that away from him.

ReptilianQuack

Jan 17, 2019
Vancouver
Canucks Value Virtanen higher than Heinen, (fair enough, even if Heinen is a good 2 way) but we also dont want the added Salary for the extra year. Thats the hold up. Who else goes..
Are we into Milano+Heinen for Virtanen+3rd? Territory?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
We have tons of money coming off the books next year and are worried about adding a million in salary. Ownership certainly pays attention to one thing, at least.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Solid, can help on PK
This trade makes perfect sense for the Canucks, then. I'm not sure it'd be good for the Ducks unless you want to take the chance that Virtanen can return to his ~40 point pace, because he does struggle defensively and with intensity. Especially in Green's system.

Reactions: Swedenheim

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
This trade makes perfect sense for the Canucks, then. I'm not sure it'd be good for the Ducks unless you want to take the chance that Virtanen can return to his ~40 point pace, because he does struggle defensively and with intensity. Especially in Green's system.
The Nucks are my second favorite team so ive watched a fair bit of Virtanen and I think he would be even worse in the Ducks system, defensively and offensively, I just don’t see who he’s have chemistry with or where he’d fit in

ReptilianQuack

Jan 17, 2019
Vancouver
The deal really doesnt make sense for us in many ways. Like 9/10 ways it doesnt. The 10th being an Offensive upside.

The Variables really make this complicated. No wonder its not done.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
they could save a bunch of money if they fired Murray and his staff, just saying...
They already started down this road. Management and coaching salaries have been reduced 25%. Susan has her eye on some nice art for the attic.

Reactions: dracom

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
As an aside, ownership is getting wired $20 million in the next month from seattle. Keep that in mind if we continue to nickel and dime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad