Zuccarello Appreciation Thread Part 2

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Agree.

4/16 or 5/20 would be a good deal for both sides.

I'd love it, but considering that he only has one year of RFA left and the current salary cap it is hardly a fair deal for Zucc who'd get $5M+ on the open market.

Though I think he might just take it as he loves being a Ranger and that would make sure that he is one for a long time.

I'd like to push it to at least 6 years though with the ever increasing cap, as I think Zucc will be productive well into his 30's.

Blue Blooded

Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I'd put the over/under at 65 TBH. I know he currently is on pace for 59, but that includes the 8-game stretch to start the season where he played like ass - he has played at 70pt pace since his scratch.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
If he keeps up his pace since the scratch (0,84 p/g) he will end up with 68 points. Counting his 7 first disastrous games (0,74 p/g), he is on pace for 60 points.

About his contract, I truly believe that Zucc will accept a lower salary the more years he get. I think he easily will accept 4 mill on a long term deal (4-5 years). Maybe even 3,5. He wants to be in the NHL, and to secure 4-5 years would be a dream for him.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
How many points does Zuke end this season with?

Over/under on 60?

I predicted over 60 points before the season started, and im pretty sure I was the only one, most were more reasonable and lodged somewhere between 40-50+p.

Since the scratch he's increasingly turned into a ppg player, occasionally think he's Gretzky, and it just warms my fan heart how he went to lundys defense last night.

Currently he should finish around 60 points, I dont expect him to net one every single game.. but my wet dream says 70+ points, top30 ranked in the NHL. Next St. Louis confirmed.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Kinda funny how Linus Omark gets waived again. Remember a lot of people saying he'd blow Zucc outta the water. Omark's attitude, work ethic and perimeter play ain't cutting it in the NHL. He acted like a total dick when he first had to go the AHL back in 2010.
Zucc is the direct opposite. He didn't even ***** when he got sent down. He just worked his ass off.

Thanks for posting these. Sometimes I miss them in games. Great to see Zooks come down with speed. That was the first shootout goal allowed by Fluery this season.

No problem. I've uploaded every SO goal Zucc has scored since he's been here. Gotta continue the tradition. LOL.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Lock him up to a long-term deal. I said 4 years in a different thread, because I think that's realistically the most he would sign (he would likely want a shot at a new contract at 30), but I'd love it if you could get him on a longer term deal. Something like:

$4.0MM
$4.5MM
$5.0MM
$5.0MM
$5.5MM
$5.5MM
$6.0MM

7 yrs, ~$5.0MM AAV

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I predicted over 60 points before the season started, and im pretty sure I was the only one, most were more reasonable and lodged somewhere between 40-50+p.

During the last off-season somebody said they would eat their hat if he did not hit 60 points? I laughed at the time thinking that might be going too far. Was that you?

Blue Blooded

Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Lock him up to a long-term deal. I said 4 years in a different thread, because I think that's realistically the most he would sign (he would likely want a shot at a new contract at 30), but I'd love it if you could get him on a longer term deal. Something like:

$4.0MM
$4.5MM
$5.0MM
$5.0MM
$5.5MM
$5.5MM
$6.0MM

7 yrs, ~$5.0MM AAV

I'd take that deal without hesitation.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Remind me to obtain a Top Hat to send to Salsa shark for consumption

* Edit: Oh dear I compared Kreider to Pyatt in the same thread, the shame

Hehe. Might eventuelly take some crow with that hat, but it's not a lock yet.
That he'll never have a 60 point season seems unlikely.
Crow is actually quite tasty they say btw. Like chicken I think.

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
Well, I guess my original claim in that post that Zucc makes his line mates better still applies. And somehow we are still surprised at how well the players paired with Zucc are performing when he is paired with them. Started with Step and Kreids, amazing output. Then Cally and Richards. Richards looked like a completely new player and took a vast points lead. Then Poo and Brass - WOW they are alive and awesome.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Sorry, too busy to get to this before.

This is to officially acknowledge with gratitude that Zuc has exceeded all expectations on offense and held in there on defense, despite giving up a lot of size.

The MINIMUM numbers I see are 3 years, 10 mil.

Congrats, MZA

nasmis

Feb 1, 2011
Lots of funny comments in that thread.

Glad to see Zucc silence his detractors.

It's funny how Zucc gets compared to all kinds of animate and inanimate objects, fictional and real characters, hockey players and others.

Off the top of my head, here are some of the I remember having seen

From admirers:
- Knutsen (for Norwegian NHL goal scoring records)
- MSL (for size, player type and wishful career expectations)
- Gretzky (for passing abilities and how he sees the ice)
- Napoleon (for size, European connections, and bad luck during post season )
- Honey badger (for grit, ferociousness, and taking on larger opponents)
- Hobbit (for toughness, size, and Elijah Wood looks)

From haters (specifically a frustrated PITT fan on Twitter during the last game):
- Lord Farquaad (antagonist with similar looks and size).

I guess he should be honored to receive taunting nicknames from opponent fans. I guess it means you're having impact (ref. "Cindy").

Any others?

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Think Pavelich has been mentioned a couple of times. At 5 feet 8 it appears like he was struggling with Ted Sator's dump`n chase hockey. I actually used to have a signed jersey by Sator from a Swedish hockey camp way back. My mother dumped it though. Sorry mr. Ted Sator, but you had it coming, not using the original hobbit correcty.

shoves

Free orangejuice?
Nov 29, 2011
images

Zucc at Jagr bar as a kid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad