Zuccarello Appreciation Thread Part 2

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
He's wearing some sort of cast.

Looks more like compression bandage or something. Just have to believe the doctor when he says there is no broken bones. But I don´t know if I believe him. I fear this is way more serious than they are admitting.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Looks more like compression bandage or something. Just have to believe the doctor when he says there is no broken bones. But I don´t know if I believe him. I fear this is way more serious than they are admitting.

Eh, I don't see any reason to not believe the doctors. There's nothing to gain by lying about his status.

I'm worried, too, but it doesn't sound too severe.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
He's wearing some sort of cast.

That doesn't look like a cast, more like just regular sports tape. I think his hand is just taped up to keep the swelling down. The same way you would tape down a sprained ankle. They said he was still hurting some, so it would make sense to tape his hand to try reliving some of the pain. I trust the Norwegian medical staff to be honest about this. If it was broken there would be nothing to gain by hiding it.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Eh, I don't see any reason to not believe the doctors. There's nothing to gain by lying about his status.

I'm worried, too, but it doesn't sound too severe.

Want to think so to of course. Maybe Zucc even would play if it was the olympic final, who knows.... I am hoping that he himself don´t want to risk anything by playing with a half injured hand in a game that they with 99% certainty will lose.

It is just that I never like the situations when there is no information and no one knows anything except that he is sitting with a bandage/cast on his hand....

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Well, the good news is that it's 10 days until his next game and 15 until the trade deadline. Barring a meaningful break, which seems highly unlikely, that should be more than enough time that the injury won't cause him to miss many (if any) games or play a role in the Rangers' upcoming decisions regarding Callahan.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Nvm, I just read someone post old tweets from when he broke his wrist after the Lepold slapper.

Yes he broke that left wrist blocking a shot for The Rangers in the last regulation game in 11/12. And that wist bothered him his hole year in Russia.
Magnitogorsk did not want him to play the WC, but have a surgery as soon the season there was over.
Luckily he went back to New York, and has looked fine, but this is concerning.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Same article also says he might not miss any time.

That sucks, but I guess we'll see what the news is when he returns

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Got hurt on Sunday the 16th, Rangers have only one February game left, then a back to back on the first and second of March, sit him out the first game if he is still in pain, and he would basically have healed for two weeks.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Got hurt on Sunday the 16th, Rangers have only one February game left, then a back to back on the first and second of March, sit him out the first game if he is still in pain, and he would basically have healed for two weeks.

Wish we were playing Buffalo and not Chicago. Then again we just lost to Edmonton WITH him. Ugh, every point is important now.

kingzucc

Feb 18, 2014
injured

Breaking news Zuccarello have a broken bone in his hand. Not sure how long he will be out yet.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
3 in 4 nights with Chicago, Philly and Boston, yikes :amazed:.

The Philly game is afternoon game. The Hawks will have players coming back from Sochi. They should be in the same boat as the Rangers. Philly and Boston not so much. Chara should be flying back to the US tomorrow. Rask could be flying home tomorrow too. The first NHL charter from Sochi leaves on Thursday. Lundqvist will be playing Friday and Saturday/Sunday. Gotta figure the US wins today. Same thing with McDonagh and Callahan. Cam Talbot time. He will get maybe 2 starts out of those 3 games.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Source, your majesty?

Google translate.

Norwegian doctor confirms it is a broken bone in the hand, but it is not complicated and he thinks Zucc is ready to play when NHL starts up next week.

But why believe him? He obviously lied to the press about the fractured hand the other day. I expect some weeks out for him.

This was the worst that could happen for Zucc, and might even cost him a good contract with the Rangers. And the worst part is that it now seems just so pointless when we look at how Norway came out in the olympics. Right now I wish that he wouldnt have cancelled his work with Unibet which would have kept him banned from the team..... :(

Last edited:

shoves

Free orangejuice?
Nov 29, 2011
Norwegian doctor confirms it is a broken bone in the hand, but it is not complicated and he thinks Zucc is ready to play when NHL starts up next week.

But why believe him? He obviously lied to the press about the fractured hand the other day. I expect some weeks out for him.

Why not? Why would he lie, he doesnt get anything from lying about it?

And the reason he "lied" about the fractured hand yesterday is because they hadnt checked for fractures as there was no sign of a fracture. Tho, when the swelling came (which was a sign) they immidiately checked and found it. It all stands in the article you linked and you seemingly havent even read yourself.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Google translate.

This was the worst that could happen for Zucc, and might even cost him a good contract with the Rangers. And the worst part is that it now seems just so pointless when we look at how Norway came out in the olympics. Right now I wish that he wouldnt have cancelled his work with Unibet which would have kept him banned from the team..... :(
They are confirming that he has a small fracture that was not initially visible. Its not broken. So lets not paint everything black just yet :)

oh, and my god the translations here...

Loss of Thoresen and co.: - For bad ass
Ole-Kristian Tollefsen is cursed.

etc... absolutely hilarious :D

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Seems Zucc is not waiting for the NHLPA flight tomorrow as all the beat writers say he is returning today for further evaluation.

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN 1m

#NYR Mats Zuccarello, who missed Norway's last game with a hand injury, is returning to NY today for re-assessment

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

Theres a very distinct difference between a broken bone and a fractured one. A fracture wont immediately show up on an X-ray since what you're seeing is not a cleanly broken bone, but the healing process thats "highlighting" if you will the area of the fractured element.

That is why they said there was no broken bone, but a later X-ray revealed a small fracture. Since Zucc is only wearing a brace he's probably only sustained a stable fracture, which is a clean tear in the bone, no shattering. Ie. a simple fracture.

Personally I think that Zucc playing anywhere before mid March is unrealistic. Optimistic at best.

I wouldnt worry about his contract though, he's shown enough to warrant a extension, a couple weeks off wont change any of that

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
glass half full people. Sounds like he thinks and doctors think he will be fine in 9 days. Just take it easy till game NYR game time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad