Zuccarello Appreciation Thread Part 2

Dagh

Dec 10, 2007
That said, I still find the Norwegian fanboys who come here just to say "I told you so" when he does well and "why isn't the coach playing him more" when he does poorly, with no other interest in the Rangers, to be irritating. :)

As one of those Norwegians, I try not to go there.
My impression though is that the "I told you so" crowd isn't all-Norwegian though. A handful of the Norwegians in the thread were also critical of him early in the season, and cautious of blowing his horn too early after he started doing well again.

AlwaysARanger

Schwing!
Aug 6, 2007
Oslo
Losing Zucc to injury in the 2012 playoffs is so demoralizing to think back. He was very solid before his season ending injury.

Of course he got healthy near the end of the playoffs, but we opted for Bickel and Rupp instead.

Well, memory is short. He wasnt the player back then he is now. Not by a mile. He had the tools, but not the body and confidence to use them. I think he did well in the 2013 playoffs, but not great. He started this season so and so as well. Then he got scratched and he's mom told him to shut up whining. From that point he has been a completely different player IMO, even how strange it is, I believe it is the reason.

1. He doesnt think (and act) like its the end of the world after a poor shift. He plays with a "nothing to lose" - attitude instead of having the world on his shoulders.
2. He is more confident
3. He is a LOT stronger than previous years, especially on his skates. Maybe the weightloss combined with some customized workouts in the summer is the reason for that.

I was pretty much on the same page as the "haters" in here (and stayed away), he was well over hyped by norwegians no matter what he did (and not did). Now the most of us finally see the same player. All of us? Nope, some people here has been ready to get rid of i.e. Lundqvist in every window (nothing wrong with that, everyone should have their opinions) the last 8 years, but when the majority consider the player the same way, its a good sign of how the world really looks like.

Guffawstev

Apr 26, 2012
zucca.jpg
zucca.jpg

Wolfy*

I'm sure Zucc would love to beat Nash & Co, or put one behind Lundqvist. But Norway vs Sweden or USA will probably not happen.

shoves

Free orangejuice?
Nov 29, 2011
Im not so fond of Zucc, but just give him the MVP already. Outworking this whole team every single game

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Zuccarello is the hardest working player on the team bar none. He was absolutely outstanding last night, on both ends of the puck.

Brassard and Pouliot owe Zucc their paychecks. Brassard has a 5 game point streak, Zuccarello either finished or assisted on every one of Brassard's points in that span.

Imagine if he had dynamic linemates?

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Zuccarello is the hardest working player on the team bar none. He was absolutely outstanding last night, on both ends of the puck.

Brassard and Pouliot owe Zucc their paychecks. Brassard has a 5 game point streak, Zuccarello either finished or assisted on every one of Brassard's points in that span.

Think Zuke assisted Brassard's 7 latest goals.
An argument for (at least) equal pay:)

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

I wouldnt mind seeing Kreider swapped with Pouliot. At this point, while Pouliot is playing really well, Kreider comes across as a faster version of Pouliot and stronger body.

He's suffering with Stepan and Nash so might as well put him out of his misery and give him a chance at getting on the scoreboard

Wolfy*

You're doing something wrong, in the url only use the code after the = sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad