Zuccarello Appreciation Thread Part 2

nasmis

Feb 1, 2011
That situation in the beginning of the 3rd period against PITT tonight where he somehow moves around 3 penguins and still ends up with the puck and gets off a good pass was cool. It belongs in an animated gif or a highlight reel.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
That situation in the beginning of the 3rd period against PITT tonight where he somehow moves around 3 penguins and still ends up with the puck and gets off a good pass was cool. It belongs in an animated gif or a highlight reel.

Yeah I second that, would be awesome if someone could put one up

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
6 game point streak from Zucc, 8 points and a +8.

He hasn't been on ice for an even strength goal in that stretch. Shows just how well his line is really playing.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
This team is comfortably in the NHL basement without Zuccarello's heroics throughout those god awful three months.

Really proud with how far he's come.

Wolfy*

Zucc is UFA next year, and Im sure there are teams out there willing to offer him 5M a year. So if the Rangers wont come up with the big bucks he should hit the road.

I don't think he'll accept 3,5 over the next 5 years, the prime period of his career. But his agents will handle this for what he's worth anyway.

Cake or Death

i dont.

id like to lock him up long term though.

5x3.5?

nice hefty raise.

Pretty sure he only has one more RFA season. He's the best forward on the team right now, by a country mile. Insult him with 3.5 mil and he should sign for one year and hit the market where he'll easily get 5+.

nasmis

Feb 1, 2011
Restricted Free Agent (RFA)......
I think what he is saying is that in 2015 (next year) he would otherwise qualify as UFA (if he was on a contract ending then). Hence, in the unlikely event that he ends up with another one year extension, then he will have the negotiation power of an UFA next year.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I think what he is saying is that in 2015 (next year) he would otherwise qualify as UFA (if he was on a contract ending then). Hence, in the unlikely event that he ends up with another one year extension, then he will have the negotiation power of an UFA next year.

Yeah thats indeed what he meant. Also, 3.5 pr for 5 years, if this is the standard he'll bring forward (can he improve even?)

This is actually a really risky contract since its essentially a 1 year sample that takes him through his prime, so either you pay the man, or shortchange the man. With this level of play 3(4) years at 4(4.5) mill is reasonable. 5 years at 3.5pr. is a massive steal by the Rangers considering the increasing cap hip

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad