Zuccarello Appreciation Thread Part 2

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Theres a very distinct difference between a broken bone and a fractured one. A fracture wont immediately show up on an X-ray since what you're seeing is not a cleanly broken bone, but the healing process thats "highlighting" if you will the area of the fractured element.

That is why they said there was no broken bone, but a later X-ray revealed a small fracture. Since Zucc is only wearing a brace he's probably only sustained a stable fracture, which is a clean tear in the bone, no shattering. Ie. a simple fracture.

Personally I think that Zucc playing anywhere before mid March is unrealistic. Optimistic at best.

I wouldnt worry about his contract though, he's shown enough to warrant a extension, a couple weeks off wont change any of that

Well, when the doctor says: We are not talking about a fracture or broken bone, one have to assume that he actually has something to back this up. If he is unsure, why not say so in the first place?

I just hate all this secrecy regarding injuries.

That said, the thing that keeps us optimistic is Zucc´s own words to Hags, and it seems that he is doing ok.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Theres a very distinct difference between a broken bone and a fractured one. A fracture wont immediately show up on an X-ray since what you're seeing is not a cleanly broken bone, but the healing process thats "highlighting" if you will the area of the fractured element.

That is why they said there was no broken bone, but a later X-ray revealed a small fracture. Since Zucc is only wearing a brace he's probably only sustained a stable fracture, which is a clean tear in the bone, no shattering. Ie. a simple fracture.

Personally I think that Zucc playing anywhere before mid March is unrealistic. Optimistic at best.

I wouldnt worry about his contract though, he's shown enough to warrant a extension, a couple weeks off wont change any of that

I just hate when people do this. You have no idea the extent of his injury and are speculating that he won't be available until Mid-March. Let's wait and see.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Guys play through broken fingers and hands and stuff like that all the time in the playoffs...I suspect if the Rangers really need him to go then he'll play, but we'll see what they do in terms of allowing healing time, etc.

It would probably affect his shot ability quite a bit but who knows

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers said Zuccarello will in New York on Friday. I read there is a NHL charter from Sochi to Newark on Thursday. He can be on that plane and see Dr. Posner on Friday. There were 3 charter flights to Sochi 2 weeks ago this Sunday for the US based players. 2 left from Newark. The other left from Atlanta. Direct flights. Not going from Sochi to Moscow to Kiev and then taking 2 more flights to land in the US and Canada.

PoddubnyRules

Jun 9, 2008
With hand breaks, a lot depends on where it is - and "non-displaced" is a very good thing.

About 10 years ago, I broke my hand in a beer league game blocking a slapshot - hurt like hell, couldn't bend my fingers or hold my stick, and missed the rest of that game. Didn't think break, so didn't go to the doctor. Within a few days, it was still swollen, but the pain went away, so I played our next two weekly games. 3 weeks after I got hurt, my wife looked at my now-unswollen hand and asked "Why does your index finger have two knuckles?" Went to the doctor then - took an x-ray, showed me the break (non-displaced, down in the hand), but said there were no limitations, just to be "careful with it".

So it's plenty conceivable that with specialized docs and pro trainers treating and wrapping it, that Zucc is not at all limited by the 27th.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
With hand breaks, a lot depends on where it is - and "non-displaced" is a very good thing.

About 10 years ago, I broke my hand in a beer league game blocking a slapshot - hurt like hell, couldn't bend my fingers or hold my stick, and missed the rest of that game. Didn't think break, so didn't go to the doctor. Within a few days, it was still swollen, but the pain went away, so I played our next two weekly games. 3 weeks after I got hurt, my wife looked at my now-unswollen hand and asked "Why does your index finger have two knuckles?" Went to the doctor then - took an x-ray, showed me the break (non-displaced, down in the hand), but said there were no limitations, just to be "careful with it".

So it's plenty conceivable that with specialized docs and pro trainers treating and wrapping it, that Zucc is not at all limited by the 27th.

Agreed, it all depends on where. I've broken my left hand twice in two different places. One time took about 3 weeks the other about 4 weeks.

My biggest concern is I think it is his right hand (??) which is the top hand that does a lot of the work stickhandling and passing. That could be more of a problem than if it was his bottom hand.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I just hate when people do this. You have no idea the extent of his injury and are speculating that he won't be available until Mid-March. Let's wait and see.

Its merely a factual observation based on the information available in the media. But if thats a problem Ill keep that to myself

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
On the Norwegian broadcast of the Canada game they just said that the latest on Zuccarello was that he might be out for three weeks. How accurate their information is and who/what's there source is I have no idea about.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
Agreed, it all depends on where. I've broken my left hand twice in two different places. One time took about 3 weeks the other about 4 weeks.

My biggest concern is I think it is his right hand (??) which is the top hand that does a lot of the work stickhandling and passing. That could be more of a problem than if it was his bottom hand.

It's the left hand.

Last edited:

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
What part of that speculation is fact? Do you know the meaning of the word?

I wasnt throwing a random block of words together. Speculation is when you make an assumption based on assumption and rumour. An observation is when you make a probable post regarding an outcome, based on cited facts.

I was genuinely not trying to annoy you, I just took the information that was available in the media, and made a post with that as a basis. If it helps I also did not take any time or medical reference out of thin air

For reference whats available in the media are quotes from the people that actually treated injuries, not speculations from third parties

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I wasnt throwing a random block of words together. Speculation is when you make an assumption based on assumption and rumour. An observation is when you make a probable post regarding an outcome, based on cited facts.

I was genuinely not trying to annoy you, I just took the information that was available in the media, and made a post with that as a basis. If it helps I also did not take any time or medical reference out of thin air

For reference whats available in the media are quotes from the people that actually treated injuries, not speculations from third parties

Except until that recent post the speculation from the doctor was that he might be ready for the Hawks game. Whatever it's no big deal.

The Guppie*

Hope Zukes is alright. Tough blow for us in a critical part of the season if he's out for an extended period of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->