Zuccarello Appreciation Thread Part 2

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
He looks exactly the same.

Kid on his back looks like Bonsaksen, 2nd pair defenseman for Norway.
images

BerntBalchen

A furore Normannorum libera nos, Domine.
Jan 24, 2011
Tønsberg
Peter "Foppa" Forsberg said in an interview with norwegian tv that when he played with Zucc in swedish Modo and when ever he got a parking ticket he placed it on Zucc's car. Zucc never checked the reg.nr. and payed them all. LOL

shoves

Free orangejuice?
Nov 29, 2011
Kid on his back looks like Bonsaksen, 2nd pair defenseman for Norway.
images

It is, yeah. They played on the same team as kids. Also, goalie Lars Haugen and forward Robin Dahlstrom from the Norwegian team.

images

You have Haugen in front, Bonsaksen top right, Dahlstrom 2nd on the top row from the left and Zucc.. well yeah, i think you all can spot the hobbit

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Peter "Foppa" Forsberg said in an interview with norwegian tv that when he played with Zucc in swedish Modo and when ever he got a parking ticket he placed it on Zucc's car. Zucc never checked the reg.nr. and payed them all. LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What a ****** move, yet somehow I love it! Forsberg had to be at least 1^6 times richer at the time.

magnkarl

Jan 26, 2014
Pickled Herring etc.
Seems Zuke hurt his hand/finger while blocking a shot today, hope it's nothing serious. Norway's playing him hard, so I'm hoping that he won't burn out before he's back over the pond.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Seems Zuke hurt his hand/finger while blocking a shot today, hope it's nothing serious. Norway's playing him hard, so I'm hoping that he won't burn out before he's back over the pond.

******* I"m gonna be so mad if he's hurt and misses time in the NHL...Rangers really need him

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

******* I"m gonna be so mad if he's hurt and misses time in the NHL...Rangers really need him

Any updates on this?

I really hope he doesn't miss any time both for the Rangers' sake this year (I think he's been key to the team's resurgence) and in subsequent years (I fear that it might convince Sather to make an ill-considered move to keep Cally past the deadline).

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Any updates on this?
Zucc was back on the ice just a few minutes later, and did not appear to have any issues (that i saw). Not seen anything about it anywhere either, so it was probably just a sore wrist / finger (i swear the Austrians were seemingly out there chopping wood at times, lots of slashes at sticks / hands).

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Zucc was back on the ice just a few minutes later, and did not appear to have any issues (that i saw). Not seen anything about it anywhere either, so it was probably just a sore wrist / finger (i swear the Austrians were seemingly out there chopping wood at times, lots of slashes at sticks / hands).

Thanks - can't have been that bad if he was back out in the same period.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Yeah, zuke didn't seem affected in the Third...

likely just a little stinger..

it sure was a chop fest out there at times..

Wolfy*

Norway coach said Zucc had some pain in his left hand after a slashing, but it was nothing serious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Be aware Zucc, a new norwegian hockey talent is in the rising. Mathias Emilio Pettersen keeps up his progress and is now leaving home and heading for the states, just 13 years old(!!). He will be attending South Kent School Connecticut to get the neccessary challenges to get better.

Emilio Pettersen is named as an exeptional talent and by far the best hockey talent Norway has ever seen. He plays with players 2-3 years older than him and dominates them.

Google translate

Something for the Rangers maybe :) Just might be Norway´s highest draft pick ever (Highest so far is Marius Holtet taken as 42nd by Dallas in 2002)

magnkarl

Jan 26, 2014
Pickled Herring etc.
Reports coming from Sochi that Zucc isn't training today due to swelling in his hand, it might be more serious than they think. Hope it's just a bruise if anything, he's already been out long stretches of his career with broken wrists/hands. They aparantly strengthened both these bones so they won't break again, so it's probably more likely fingers.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
yeah, he has swelling in his left hand that they are treating. Hopefully its just a swelling, and nothing more serious..

They are saying that its more likely than not that he is playing against Russia though, which i guess is good news, and hints that its not severe. But we'll see..

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
yeah, he has swelling in his left hand that they are treating. Hopefully its just a swelling, and nothing more serious..

They are saying that its more likely than not that he is playing against Russia though, which i guess is good news, and hints that its not severe. But we'll see..

If they play him against Russia, even if it is not a severe injury, it is plain stupidity. Cannot believe it. There is no way in hell Norway have a chance to win this game. Why risk anything with Zucc. And more importantly, why is Zucc himself willingly to risk anything? He is playing for a new contract in NY. :rant:

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
An update on Zucc. He will not be playing against Russia, the injury (im going to assume swelling and not anything broken) to his hand has not healed.

It should have plenty of time to heal before he flies back to NY though (well.. we hope).

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Yeah, as long as nothing is broken he should be OK...a bad bruise can make things difficult but heal up relatively quickly compared to a broken bone. Hopefully he'll be OK but sucks for him he doesn't get to play in basically the last Olympic game for Norway (in all likelyhood)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Yeah, as long as nothing is broken he should be OK...a bad bruise can make things difficult but heal up relatively quickly compared to a broken bone. Hopefully he'll be OK but sucks for him he doesn't get to play in basically the last Olympic game for Norway (in all likelyhood)

Nvm, I just read someone post old tweets from when he broke his wrist after the Lepold slapper.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
That sucks for Zucca and Norway. Hopefully he heals up and is ready to go in ten days. ****, hopefully Norway wins and he's ready for their next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->