Confirmed with Link: Zubrus Unconditionally Released

Ders Effect

Jul 27, 2015
It's a bit OT but I don't really care if Zacha gets signed or not this summer. He should be in junior this year.

Call me selfish (I am), but I would like to see what he could do in the NHL this season.

Now, that is a wildly reckless wish but I am just eager to see this guy play.

It is almost certain that he will be back in Junior.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 2m2 minutes ago
Ray Shero says he wanted to take advantage of the NHL's second buyout period because he is looking to sign or trade for more forwards.

Well then

Ders Effect

Jul 27, 2015
I wonder if Gomez will show up to camp in disguise to try to win his spot back.

4ff97d8d948d11f28399d882d4e66ee6.jpg

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Ray Shero says he wanted to take advantage of the NHL's second buyout period because he is looking to sign or trade for more forwards.

Well then

Given where we are in relation to the cap, this makes sense.

Are there any worthwhile UFA's even left?

I was half expecting a deadline trade if we were in the mix late in the year, but heck if we are speeding up this process, then let's do it.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
There is a fan who wears a #8 Devils jersey to games with these words on the back:

"Lithuanian Love Machine"

She must be devastated right about now.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Well then

Short little story time: When I went to the Cowboys/Jaguars game at Wembley they had a DJ there called DJ Ray. He was pretty bad, but the English folk behind me were hilarious in heckling him. They were always yelling "Come on DJ Ray," and even that was funny to me because I love their accents :laugh:

I share that story because that's the first thing that popped into my head when I read that tweet. So, I might just start calling Shero, DJ Ray....

Come on DJ Ray! Get it done :sarcasm:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Given where we are in relation to the cap, this makes sense.

Are there any worthwhile UFA's even left?

I was half expecting a deadline trade if we were in the mix late in the year, but heck if we are speeding up this process, then let's do it.

Tlusty is probably the best forward available.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
There is a fan who wears a #8 Devils jersey to games with these words on the back:

"Lithuanian Love Machine"

She must be devastated right about now.

She's my girlfriend's best friend and she may be getting sent home from work for how upset she is. No joke. She was also as obsessed with Gomez. This has been a hard off season on here while it's been awesome for everyone else haha.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
She's my girlfriend's best friend and she may be getting sent home from work for how upset she is. No joke. She was also as obsessed with Gomez. This has been a hard off season on here while it's been awesome for everyone else haha.

Some people might think she is a little :loony:

But, we all are if we're honest on how much thought and time we put into our favorite sports teams.

Maybe she will latch on to a new player this season who hasn't been stalked yet...

Ders Effect

Jul 27, 2015
Fans need to know that nothing is forever.

Unless its Kovalchuk, I ripped the name plate off that jersey.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Some people might think she is a little :loony:

But, we all are if we're honest on how much thought and time we put into our favorite sports teams.

Maybe she will latch on to a new player this season who hasn't been stalked yet...

She is.

She will find someone else. My GF loved Clarkson then switched to Henrique VERY briefly then settled on Gelinas.

HobokenIrish

May 3, 2011
Charlotte, NC

I was just about to write "Farewell to the Lithuanian Love Machine". Tell your girl's friend to check out Zacha's hair. He can be a replacement for her

Seriously though all the best to Zubrus. He was a hard working Devil. Unfortunately the best days are behind him. Thanks for all you did

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Well then

There ya go. I knew he had to have something more up his sleeve. Like I've been saying, I'm expecting one more top-6 guy to plug in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad