Injury Report: Zetterberg Back Dec. 28 (Post 255)

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Nyquist - Franzen - Alfredsson
Tatar - Helm - Jurco
Abdelkader - Weiss - Sammy
Miller - Andersson - Cleary

looks the most reasonable, doesn't it? put Z on LTIR seeing as he's out minimum 2 weeks, so we can bring up Jurco, and put Franzen on center.

No chance in hell babcock would give a minor league call up top 6 minutes regardless if that's the role they really should be in. I think Helm and Abdelkader play great together. I wouldn't want to see them broken up. Jurco would have to earn his way up playing with Andy and Miller. If Tats can get Andy and Miller going then Jurco should be able to come close to the same.

Nyquist-Franzen-Alfie
Abdelkader-Helm-Tatar
Miller-Andersson-Jurco
Cleary-Weiss-Sammy

Brandel*

wanna no why we shouldnt worry? look no furthur than the teams were competing against...look at those streaks haha

DiLPBOW.png

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
wanna no why we shouldnt worry? look no furthur than the teams were competing against...look at those streaks haha

DiLPBOW.png

Because all the teams close to us have either been winning, or have lost 1 in a row?

What is the point you're trying to make here?

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
Now that we recalled Emmerton, Weiss should be promoted.

I know he didn't do much to warrant the promotion but it's time to see if he can center top 2 lines.

I would go

Nyquist - Weiss - Franzen
Abs - Helm - Alfredsson (keep this line same)
Tatar - Andersson - Miller/Bert
Cleary/Miller/Bert - Emmerton - Sammy

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
i agree, weiss should be given chance. he's been brutal and doesn't really deserve that but he's paycheck says that he has to get it going. and if dats and z are out for longer time, it's wings best chance imo.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
i agree, weiss should be given chance. he's been brutal and doesn't really deserve that but he's paycheck says that he has to get it going. and if dats and z are out for longer time, it's wings best chance imo.

Yeah it's also the best way to not disturb the chemistry on other lines.

I know some people want
Nyquist - Franzen - Bert

but I don't want Bert on top 6 unless he is accompanied by D/Z or both.

I also agree that after first few days of assessment. It might be a good idea to LTIR Z.
Back is not something you want to mess with.
Also allows us to test some prospect on the 4th line center spot instead of Emmerton.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Because all the teams close to us have either been winning, or have lost 1 in a row?

8 points in a bank against nearest playoff threat is a pretty good situation for us.

My hopeful changes on bold:

Franzen - Weiss - Nyquist
Abdelkader - Helm - Alfredsson
Miller - Andersson - Tatar
Bert - Emmerton - Sammy

(Cleary)

Time to bench Cleary. That strengthens us! :nod:

Brandel*

to bold: ???

wow, i thought it was pretty apparent but I guess not...

11/16 teams lost at least their last game and other than the 3 in our division (which I was indicating because it looks pretty funny)

But, basically every team we're competing with has a 0.500 or worst record in their last 10, and that's not counting OT/SO losses as losses. It's pretty crystal clear that I'm showing how completely awful the eastern conference is. Since that's pretty well known and obvious, I have very little clue of what you're getting at.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
What's with this "lets keep Weiss at 4C" business? That's insanity. Its not like he's sucked for a few years a la Cleary.

He's used to being the 1C on a weak team with tons of green forwards. I'd give him 20 minutes a night for a slew of games before I shove him back to the bottom six.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
to bold: ???

wow, i thought it was pretty apparent but I guess not...

11/16 teams lost at least their last game and other than the 3 in our division (which I was indicating because it looks pretty funny)

But, basically every team we're competing with has a 0.500 or worst record in their last 10, and that's not counting OT/SO losses as losses. It's pretty crystal clear that I'm showing how completely awful the eastern conference is. Since that's pretty well known and obvious, I have very little clue of what you're getting at.

You said "look at those streaks". So I'm paying attention to the last column. And I don't see how winning the last 2 or losing the last 1 has any relevance to how good or bad these teams are.

I also don't see how having a 0.500 in L10 has much relevance when we're playing an 82 game season, and we ourselves have a 0.500 record even after winning our last 4 in a row.

Streaks?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
You said "look at those streaks". So I'm paying attention to the last column. And I don't see how winning the last 2 or losing the last 1 has any relevance to how good or bad these teams are.

I also don't see how having a 0.500 in L10 has much relevance when we're playing an 82 game season, and we ourselves have a 0.500 record even after winning our last 4 in a row.

Streaks?

What is this talk about .500 record? :amazed:

We have .625 record. :teach2:

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
What's with this "lets keep Weiss at 4C" business? That's insanity. Its not like he's sucked for a few years a la Cleary.

He's used to being the 1C on a weak team with tons of green forwards. I'd give him 20 minutes a night for a slew of games before I shove him back to the bottom six.

He just doesn't pass the eye test right now. I'm not exactly opposed to moving him up and giving him a chance as 1C but he just doesn't look he can come close to handling that role atm. Yes playing with Cleary and Sammy will not help anyone look good but individually Weiss has been equally as bad as those two.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Oh ****, down goes our clear best player so far this season. Whoever said Zetterberg's back gave out because he was carrying the team on it is so accurate, haha. If we didn't have Goose and Tats, and Mule and Helm on hot streaks, I'd be worried considering Howard's inconsistent play. This should be a key opportunity for Weiss now. He should be given a top 6 opportunity and we can see how he performs. I'd roll with:

Nyquist-Weiss-Franzen
Abdelkader-Helm-Alfredsson
Tatar-Andersson-Miller
Cleary-Emmerton-Sammy

Real sink or swim time for Weiss.

He just doesn't pass the eye test right now. I'm not exactly opposed to moving him up and giving him a chance as 1C but he just doesn't look he can come close to handling that role atm. Yes playing with Cleary and Sammy will not help anyone look good but individually Weiss has been equally as bad as those two.

To an extent, but they've been complete offensive blackholes, let's see how he handles better players on his wings.

Brandel*

Streaks?

If you're going to quote me how about not taking half of what I said and putting it in a context of its own.

"wanna no why we shouldnt worry? look no further than the teams were competing against"

I can do that too, now you look even more silly :)

Ok, then don't look at L10, look at their overall records... It doesn't matter what you look at in the eastern conference, everything looks like losing teams to me. I figured mentioning L10 would be more relevant but I guess not. You can look at their last 5 if you want, I'm nearly 100% confident it won't look any better. If you think the Eastern conference teams will all of a sudden have some remarkable surge in wins, than suit yourself, since that's what I believe you're disputing, but there is no indication that that will take place.

I also left off OT/SO losses, but sure we're 0.500 in L10 if you include them... which is adding to my point, since we're tied for 3rd in the conference in pts.

wingnut22

Sep 26, 2006
Michigan
If Weiss can't do anything with this opportunity, and someone else has to step up and take the 1C spot, I bet I know where our compliance buyout is going.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
If Weiss can't do anything with this opportunity, and someone else has to step up and take the 1C spot, I bet I know where our compliance buyout is going.

His contract was signed after September 15, 2012 and therefore Weiss cannot be a compliance buyout.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Alfredsson led the Sens last year to the playoffs, with injuries to E. Karlsson, Spezza, Cowen, Michalek, all out at the same time. This is rough though for a 41 yr. old... Hopefully he can help keep them afloat (.500) while Pavs and Z are out. It's definitely time for Weiss to start earning that cheque.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
If you're going to quote me how about not taking half of what I said and putting it in a context of its own.

"wanna no why we shouldnt worry? look no further than the teams were competing against"

I can do that too, now you look even more silly :)

Ok, then don't look at L10, look at their overall records... It doesn't matter what you look at in the eastern conference, everything looks like losing teams to me. I figured mentioning L10 would be more relevant but I guess not. You can look at their last 5 if you want, I'm nearly 100% confident it won't look any better. If you think the Eastern conference teams will all of a sudden have some remarkable surge in wins, than suit yourself, since that's what I believe you're disputing, but there is no indication that that will take place.

I also left off OT/SO losses, but sure we're 0.500 in L10 if you include them... which is adding to my point, since we're tied for 3rd in the conference in pts.

Why even reference streaks or L10 if they're not relevant? Just look at the overall picture instead. We're at 4th in the conference even after winning our last 4 in a row. We've played more games than the 3 teams below us. We got 7 of our points from losses. The 8th place team has the same number of wins as us. We're about to play at least a few games without Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

We're in a decent position right now, but saying we don't have to worry about other teams is a little too arrogant for my taste.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Sure, if we assume we could win these games in extended OT.

.625 record against nearest playoff threats with .482 (Devils) and .481 (Philly) is a pretty big gap.

Of course, we could start losing and fall behind. But when rested Pavel and Z come back, we pretty sure bounce back.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
His contract was signed after September 15, 2012 and therefore Weiss cannot be a compliance buyout.

This has been mentioned on every Weiss thread.
Same with Sammy only getting 100k relief when he is waived and cleared.

I think we need a thread that is sticky and locked with title

WEISS DOESN'T QUALIFY FOR A COMPLIANCE BUTOUT. ALSO SAMMY ONLY CLEARS 100K CAP SPACE WHEN WAIVED.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
How about a regular buyout:

Stephen Weiss is 31 years old on the buyout date of June 15, 2014, setting the buyout ratio at 2/3 and the total buyout cost at $13,666,667 spread over 8 years. His contract was originally valued at $24,500,000 beginning in 2013 and ending in 2018, with $20,500,000 remaining from the buyout year forward. The following is a season-by-season breakdown of the buyout. A negative buyout cap hit indicates a credit.

BUYOUT DETAILS
SEASON - SALARY - CAP HIT - BUYOUT - SAVINGS - BUYOUT CAP HIT
2014-15 $4,500,000 $4,900,000 $1,708,333 $2,791,667 $2,108,333
2015-16 $6,000,000 $4,900,000 $1,708,333 $4,291,667 $608,333
2016-17 $6,000,000 $4,900,000 $1,708,333 $4,291,667 $608,333
2017-18 $4,000,000 $4,900,000 $1,708,333 $2,291,667 $2,608,333
2018-19 $0,000,000 $0,000,000 $1,708,333 -$1,708,333 $1,708,333
2019-20 $0,000,000 $0,000,000 $1,708,333 -$1,708,333 $1,708,333
2020-21 $0,000,000 $0,000,000 $1,708,333 -$1,708,333 $1,708,333
2021-22 $0,000,000 $0,000,000 $1,708,333 -$1,708,333 $1,708,333

I don't really know which one would be a bigger BAD. Having that kind of buyout caphit (off-ice problem) for 1.7 million, or having Cleary playing and hurting the team on the ice for with same caphit. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad